Skinny/Fit people trying to have Fat people problems

Options
Look, if you're fit or skinny quit trying to have fat people problems. Just sayin'.
~a fat man

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm going to need you to elaborate.
  • TheFatFox
    Options
    For instance: one guy on here, who is really fit, 6 pack and all, is asking if he should run shirtless or not.

I'm fat I would never think of running shirtless.

So, why make fat people feel bad when you question your six pack body to go on a shirtless run?
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I'm going to need you to elaborate.

lol ^this...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    For instance: one guy on here, who is really fit, 6 pack and all, is asking if he should run shirtless or not.

So, why make fat people feel bad when you question your six pack body to go on a shirtless run?
    Something to consider. Peoples insecurities are their own.
    I'm sure Mr. Six pack meant no disrespect.

Just because you think Mr. six pack is in great shape and could get away with running shirtless, doesn't mean Mr. six pack sees it that way.
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Being skinny does not equal being confident.
    Besides, not everything is meant to be punching down fat people's confidence and self- esteem! Just because you think you would -of course- run shirtless with such a body, it doesn't mean the person will find it naturally okay.
    I wouldn't consider this as fat- shaming or trying to make fat people bad.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Why would you think that a person asking a question that had nothing to do with you was trying to make you feel bad? There is enough actual jerkitude in the world, no need to invent more!
  • TheFatFox
    Options
    Why does it bother the guy with a six pack to run?
    It just does.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I think the title should read people having self-esteem/self-confidence problems
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkc30sMDgC1rjhbn2o1_500.gif
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    centre-of-the-universe1.jpg
  • TheFatFox
    Options
    ^ I like this.
  • xcatsaxon
    xcatsaxon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Being skinny does not equal being confident.
    Besides, not everything is meant to be punching down fat people's confidence and self- esteem! Just because you think you would -of course- run shirtless with such a body, it doesn't mean the person will find it naturally okay.
    I wouldn't consider this as fat- shaming or trying to make fat people bad.

Well said!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I used to be fat...sometimes it takes awhile for perceptions of yourself to change. Some days I feel fit and awesome...other days I feel like my old fat self and that's what I see in the mirror...so some fit and "skinny" people still do have fat people problems.
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love skinny girls who complain about wearing the next size up. "Ugh! I'm so fat, I have to get a size six jeans instead of a size four." If I could squeeze into a size six, I'd celebrate with half a cake, because I have actual fat person problems- like celebrating a loss with food.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Have you considered that the "problems" these people are experiencing aren't actually tied to their weight, so much as their self perception or perception of the world around them? Fat people and thin people can, shockingly enough, have the same "problems".
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Says the man who calls himself "The Fat Fox".

Worry about yourself. It's a good motto for life.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    oh, here we go. skinny shaming alert!!! :grumble:

ugh. dude, the guy who posted about running w/o a shirt has busted his freaking *kitten*, and yes - now has a bit of lag where he's still having some self-confidence issues. everyone needs support. if you need some, just ask for it instead of being a pissant.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I have a feeling that post may have been more about other people than himself...but I didn't read the whole thread.

Never mind, apparently it was about his own insecurities...
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I used to be fat...sometimes it takes awhile for perceptions of yourself to change. Some days I feel fit and awesome...other days I feel like my old fat self and that's what I see in the mirror...so some fit and "skinny" people still do have fat people problems.

My brain still hasn't caught up and it's been 5 years.....

Lack of Self-esteem is NOT a fat person problem.
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Skinny/fit people problems: people with your attitude that believe they don't have insecurities or problems and therefore don't have feelings and aren't allowed to complain....ummmm ok