Skinny/Fit people trying to have Fat people problems

Options

Replies

• rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Trust me if I had a choice.......I'd love to feel like I was all that and a bag of chips! But I don't I am insecure, scared and unsure of my body and my confidence. You lose a 150 lbs, it really throws your world off balance....physically and emotionally!!!

When ever I purchase a new dress or clothing I am not sure of, or if I should be wearing, I send a pic of me wearing it to my female friends for approval.....not that I need the boost of confidence, but because of being insecure, and feeling less than adequate for several years of my adult life.

This is a place for support, and understanding....since we all should have the same common goal!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Lol @ this so I guess only overweight people have insecurities
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I love having fat people problems! Let me be :-p
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    For instance: one guy on here, who is really fit, 6 pack and all, is asking if he should run shirtless or not.

I'm fat I would never think of running shirtless.

So, why make fat people feel bad when you question your six pack body to go on a shirtless run?
    Something to consider. Peoples insecurities are their own.
    I'm sure Mr. Six pack meant no disrespect.

Just because you think Mr. six pack is in great shape and could get away with running shirtless, doesn't mean Mr. six pack sees it that way.

Hi. I'm Mr. Six pack from the other thread you are talking about. Until the last couple of years I have always been in the extremely overweight/obese category. I apologize for making you feel bad or what you would consider fat shaming. This was nowhere close to the purpose of the thread. My body is relatively new to me and I'm still trying to find my bearings with it after all the hard work I put in. Until recently I was shy to even take my shirt off at the beach or a pool. This is all new to me and I thought my question was valid as to what is acceptable and not douchy to do. You will have to excuse me while I learn.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Trust me if I had a choice.......I'd love to feel like I was all that and a bag of chips! But I don't I am insecure, scared and unsure of my body and my confidence. You lose a 150 lbs, it really throws your world off balance....physically and emotionally!!!

When ever I purchase a new dress or clothing I am not sure of, or if I should be wearing, I send a pic of me wearing it to my female friends for approval.....not that I need the boost of confidence, but because of being insecure, and feeling less than adequate for several years of my adult life.

This is a place for support, and understanding....since we all should have the same common goal!

This is perfect!! Well said. I feel this way everyday of my life!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    For instance: one guy on here, who is really fit, 6 pack and all, is asking if he should run shirtless or not.

So, why make fat people feel bad when you question your six pack body to go on a shirtless run?

Just because you think Mr. six pack is in great shape and could get away with running shirtless, doesn't mean Mr. six pack sees it that way.

Hi. I'm Mr. Six pack from the other thread you are talking about. Until the last couple of years I have always been in the extremely overweight/obese category. I apologize for making you feel bad or what you would consider fat shaming. This was nowhere close to the purpose of the thread. My body is relatively new to me and I'm still trying to find my bearings with it after all the hard work I put in. Until recently I was shy to even take my shirt off at the beach or a pool. This is all new to me and I thought my question was valid as to what is acceptable and not douchy to do. You will have to excuse me while I learn.

:heart: Go on with your sexy self! You deserve it!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    "I feel my problems are worse than yours therefore yours are insignificant, as only what I think matters."

Quick translation.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It's not meant to be personal, people are allowed to have "fat people problems" whether you think they should or not.

The real enemy is society that equates having any amount of fat to being disgusting, gross and ugly.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options

Don't apologize you busted your *kitten* and have no reason to apologize, misery loves company and clearly the op is miserable and wants others to be as miserable as him
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

NO need to apologize. Even after we lose we don't always see things the way they are. Sometimes I still see myself as at my highest weight.

But you have busted your butt. So enjoy. You look great.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options

It's called myfitnesspal for a reason. If it was just for fat people, they'd call it myfatpersonpal. It's for anyone who wants to improve. If you do well and stay around for maintenance, you may one day be posting a fit person's problem yourself.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Wait, wait, wait... you weren't born looking like Adonis?You mean you are just like us mere mortals with our body consciousness? :wink:

PS don't worry about your shirt, not because you're hot but because you have a body, everyone has one. They aren't something to feel shame over. I guess if you were running in a crowded city location, having a shirt on might be helpful if you wanted to like, go in a store or something -- but otherwise, would not wear one.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Being skinny does not equal being confident.

This may be true, but skinny people can tie their shoes and wipe their *kitten* easier than a fat person. That's nothing to do with confidence, it's just how it is. Those are fat people problems.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.
    Most people have insecurities about their bodies.

Personally I would not be caught shirtless in public...I have body hair, you know. And I don't want to shave it.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I think you need to stop thinking that fit people and fat people don't share most of the same problems, or you may be in for a rude awakening when you're fit, which, by the way, I am confident that you can be.
  • VanessaRecker
    Options
    I see where you're coming from, yet confidence doesn't always come with being 'fit' or having a six pack.
    Just because you think he looks really good, doesn't mean he thinks he does.
  • 1802go
    1802go Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    it is possible he is fishing
    fishing for compliments
    fishing for:glasses: Recognition for well kept body? :glasses:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    it is possible he is fishing
    fishing for compliments
    fishing for:glasses: Recognition for well kept body? :glasses:
    Quite possibly not. That's a cynical way to look at things.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

No....hang on a tic. There's something wrong here. Surely you meant to respond with butthurt rage. This reply is completely sensible, mature, and gracious. I'm not certain you belong on these forums sir.

(But seriously though, good on ya man, and congrats for working your *kitten* off and getting where you are.):drinker:
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

I recall that thread and also wondering how it could possibly be that Mr Sixpack was actually serious in his question. I mean just look at his pic! How could someone not see that they look absolutely incredible? I learned from that, that when I reach goal, I promise myself to own it to the best of my ability. Cheers to Mr. Sixpack and the OP, that you too shall own what you worked hard for :drinker: :flowerforyou: