Options

Replies

• jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have issues, I know.

The example I gave was one issue.

I'm going to go talk to my shrink now.

I realize that these days that we can't rant. So I should go talk to the shrink rather than publicly stating my opinion.

Just because nobody agreed with you, doesn't make you a victim.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have issues, I know.

I realize that these days that we can't rant. So I should go talk to the shrink rather than publicly stating my opinion.

Boohoo.gif
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have body issues at a size 2 And i had body issues at seize 12. My issues are not a critic toward others that are bigger than I am.
  • SilentDrapeRunners
    Options
    I think the point is not who feels insecure and who does not, but how considerate you are of others around you. I have a similar situation with a friend who went from a size 6 (her fat clothes) to a 2. She refers to her fat all the time, points out tiny rolls and complains of "saddle bags" while in tiny, tight running clothes. She chooses to make these complaints in a room filled with women whose "skinny clothes" are a size 14. She won't hesitate to tell everyone how far she ran, how much time she spends at boot camp, etc. Is this person really that clueless, stupid or rude? Save these complaints for your therapist or your boyfriend. I believe she has a lot of issues and is looking for people to compliment her.
    Choose your audience carefully, you might be offending someone by what you say.

This is true. There's a fine line between saying something for the purpose of affirmation of your 'hot body' and saying something for the purpose of making a connection- like "oh you work out, me too, what exercise/diets are you doing?" Unfortunately though, there are people out there that like to bring themselves up by bringing others down (which sounds like the friend you mentioned). But there's also people like me who are clueless sometimes (and I also happen to be on the autism spectrum), so we sometimes say things that are meant to be friendly but come across as offensive.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    well gosh darn it I didnt we (the fat folk) have unique problems that them skinny folk dont!....Yeah no. We all problems and issues. I dont care if a person is 90 or 500 pounds we have issues. Forget weight, we are all people.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have never been in a single digit yet....and believe me it doesn't bother me at all. I think I look just fine!!:smile:
  • deathtaco
    Options
    For instance: one guy on here, who is really fit, 6 pack and all, is asking if he should run shirtless or not.

I'm fat I would never think of running shirtless.

So, why make fat people feel bad when you question your six pack body to go on a shirtless run?
    Something to consider. Peoples insecurities are their own.
    I'm sure Mr. Six pack meant no disrespect.

Just because you think Mr. six pack is in great shape and could get away with running shirtless, doesn't mean Mr. six pack sees it that way.

Hi. I'm Mr. Six pack from the other thread you are talking about. Until the last couple of years I have always been in the extremely overweight/obese category. I apologize for making you feel bad or what you would consider fat shaming. This was nowhere close to the purpose of the thread. My body is relatively new to me and I'm still trying to find my bearings with it after all the hard work I put in. Until recently I was shy to even take my shirt off at the beach or a pool. This is all new to me and I thought my question was valid as to what is acceptable and not douchy to do. You will have to excuse me while I learn.

Don't apologize for your hard work.

To original poster: People's insecurities are their own and everyone has their own problems. How dare you belittle the problems in his life because of your own insecurities.
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Even though I agree that everyone has the problems, because trust me I know I do.
    There is still a way to go about it.
    At my highest weight I was still only a US size 5, which is still in the realm of "skinny person clothing" so even if I do have a problem with buying this size, my experience is still vastly different from someone who has to buy size 20 because a lot of places will carry a 5, but I can't even count all the stores that won't carry a size 20 because it doesn't "fit their selected clientele."

So, just understand that we all have struggles, but others are different.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I think the point is not who feels insecure and who does not, but how considerate you are of others around you. I have a similar situation with a friend who went from a size 6 (her fat clothes) to a 2. She refers to her fat all the time, points out tiny rolls and complains of "saddle bags" while in tiny, tight running clothes. She chooses to make these complaints in a room filled with women whose "skinny clothes" are a size 14. She won't hesitate to tell everyone how far she ran, how much time she spends at boot camp, etc. Is this person really that clueless, stupid or rude? Save these complaints for your therapist or your boyfriend. I believe she has a lot of issues and is looking for people to compliment her.

Actually, I could not agree less with this. Your friend who complains about her rolls and saddle bags may simply be doing exactly that. YOU might not see it as an issue, but she does. Why should she have to hold her tongue just because she's smaller than other people in the room?? Who IS she allowed to complain to?

Oh, wait, you said she can complain to her therapist and her boyfriend. What if she said the same thing to one of the other women in the room? What if she said, "I don't want to hear you whine about your size 14 clothes. Are you that clueless or stupid or rude? Save it for your therapist or boyfriend!" If she said something like that, she would get everyone calling her a Grade A b*tch.

And yes, she would be a Grade A b*tch for saying those things about someone else's personal issues. Huh. Imagine that.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have issues, I know.

I was actually feeling a little sorry for your until this post. I understand the frustrations of not being where you want to be. I understand the idea of 'if I looked like that I would never complain'. But the person you 'called out' was nice enough to come here and try and help you to understand his emotional motivation and you respond with this victim nonsense. Not only do you owe that guy an apology but I think you and your shrink have bigger issues to discuss.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Is white privilege being overtaken by skinny privilege? DUN DUNN DUNNN!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm fat and I wear a bikini to the beach and tighter fitting clothes when I workout (and in life). I don't care what people think. Wear what makes you feel comfortable. It's no one else's concern. If they have a problem with what you're wearing, it's their problem, not yours.

(just no butt-crack please! NO ONE wants to see that)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Look, if you're fit or skinny quit trying to have fat people problems. Just sayin'.
    ~a fat man

Because everything is about you, correct?

2w7euk2.jpg
  • glenverrier
    glenverrier Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm fat tattooed and bringing sexy back!!! Skinny, Fat, Tall or Short we are all human and we have self esteem / identity & acceptance issues. I ate a pint of Ice cream and six mini cones last night afterward I felt guilty about it and ran 5.5 miles this morning. Mr. Six pack you go shirtless pal if you feel like doing so. If I feel like jiggling while I'm jogging don't judge me either because maybe I will be feeling sexy that day so don't burst my bubble. As for the fast guy whining about the skinny guy problems remember what we don't like about others is often a refection of what we don't like about ourselves. Just sayin is all.....

My New Hero!! ^^^ THIS
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Mr. Six pack from the other thread you are talking about. Until the last couple of years I have always been in the extremely overweight/obese category. I apologize for making you feel bad or what you would consider fat shaming. This was nowhere close to the purpose of the thread. My body is relatively new to me and I'm still trying to find my bearings with it after all the hard work I put in. Until recently I was shy to even take my shirt off at the beach or a pool. This is all new to me and I thought my question was valid as to what is acceptable and not douchy to do. You will have to excuse me while I learn.

Oh, please change your name to Mr. Six Pack now. :heart:

Fat is relative. I'm average BMI. Average bodyfat. Average weight. I'm still fat as in I have fat on my body and I don't feel comfortable with my body, especially naked.

Don't take it as an insult to yourself that someone else has self-esteem issues, focus on your own.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    For instance: one guy on here, who is really fit, 6 pack and all, is asking if he should run shirtless or not.

I'm fat I would never think of running shirtless.

So, why make fat people feel bad when you question your six pack body to go on a shirtless run?
    Something to consider. Peoples insecurities are their own.
    I'm sure Mr. Six pack meant no disrespect.

Just because you think Mr. six pack is in great shape and could get away with running shirtless, doesn't mean Mr. six pack sees it that way.

Lovely reply Mr Six pack. :)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Or maybe, just maybe she sees the women in the room as just other women. Equals that share her pain. I have been accused of this. I like to talk about my workouts. I have stopped pointing out flaws on my body because I believe its detrimental to my emotional health. But just because they see me as different doesn't mean I see them as different. I don't judge people by their size so Im hoping they don't judge me by mine.
  • SilentDrapeRunners
    Options

Actually, I could not agree less with this. Your friend who complains about her rolls and saddle bags may simply be doing exactly that. YOU might not see it as an issue, but she does. Why should she have to hold her tongue just because she's smaller than other people in the room?? Who IS she allowed to complain to?

Oh, wait, you said she can complain to her therapist and her boyfriend. What if she said the same thing to one of the other women in the room? What if she said, "I don't want to hear you whine about your size 14 clothes. Are you that clueless or stupid or rude? Save it for your therapist or boyfriend!" If she said something like that, she would get everyone calling her a Grade A b*tch.

And yes, she would be a Grade A b*tch for saying those things about someone else's personal issues. Huh. Imagine that.

Everyone has a right to complain, but I think everyone also has a right to be mindful and considerate. But I understand what you're saying. Along those same lines, no one would ever think of making a comment to a size 14 woman about her body, but people make comments all the time about my size 0 body- like "you're so tiny, let me help you carry that" or "you must not have any problems finding clothes that fit." I know they're trying to be nice and complimentary, so I don't take offense. But if given the option, I would rather people not remark on my body because I'm self conscious. Unless of course I get to the point of having some decent muscles and people say 'wow have you been working out?' That hasn't happened yet though, lol.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

I disagree. You don't always know who in your audience might be offended and don't forget somewhere there is a woman who has size 16+ as her "skinny clothes" and might want you to quit complaining about size 14! As for the rest, it is her lifestyle. Why shouldn't she talk about it? For me, personally, I have never been able to conceive. Does that mean no one should talk about children around me? Does that mean no one should ever complain about her child because I might be thinking "at least you *have* a child?" Should I not mention books I read because someone might have a learning disability? My husband died from falling and hitting his head. Can I expect everyone around me to never make a joke about cracking his or her head open doing something foolish? Okay, I'm rambling, but I hope you get the point. Not trying to be mean, but life is hard enough without constantly worrying that someone else might feel she has it worse than you do. :flowerforyou:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

I think I'm a little attracted to Mr Six Pack. Is that a problem?

gay02-attacked.gif