Any males who don't want ANY muscle definition on your body

Options

Replies

• sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    ANY is too strong of a word.

I am not working out to get 'jacked'. I work out because I want tone, I want some definition but not crazy bulk.

I get that some women like that, but it's just not me.

AKA I'd rather look like Adam Levine, Justin Timberlake or Bob Harper than the Rock.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options

I am not working out to get 'jacked'. I work out because I want tone, I want some definition but not crazy bulk.

AKA I'd rather look like Adam Levine, Justin Timberlake or Bob Harper than the Rock.
    To add...I want to be an athlete (I play baseball), I want flexibility, agility, speed, quickness, and power.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that the entire reason the OP is asking for examples of males who don't want muscle definition is because he said the following things, which people took him to task over in another thread:
    I understand women and what they want.
    Dislike of muscle definition on their body is a characteristic exclusive to women.

This is the second time you're trying....It isn't working. GET over it! :yawn:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that the entire reason the OP is asking for examples of males who don't want muscle definition is because he said the following things, which people took him to task over in another thread:
    Dislike of muscle definition on their body is a characteristic exclusive to women.

Trying what? What isn't working?

I think people should have context for the OP's loaded question. Some other posters apparently appreciate it.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

To add...I want to be an athlete (I play baseball), I want flexibility, agility, speed, quickness, and power.

The rock isn't athletic?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

The rock isn't athletic?

If The Rock tried to be a pro baseball player, he would probably be well-advised to lose some weight, actually.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I think people should have context for the OP's loaded question. Some other posters apparently appreciate it.

I appreciate it.

Please carry on with your crusade for truth, honor, and justice.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

I appreciate it.

Please carry on with your crusade for truth, honor, and justice.

I appreciate it.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    ME! I am trying to get rid of my muscle definition and it won't go away.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being accosted for not being a "real man" et cetera, I've always been slender, and I intentionally accentuated and quite enjoyed the aesthetic in my twenties.

Not all men want to be muscular, and they certainly don't need to be.
    165628__ziggy_l.jpg
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I am perfectly content with the not so defined "scrawny" me thank you very much... Those who feel the need to make themselves more fit based off of appearances alone are self conscious people who need to rethink their lives. Not being muscular doesn't make me any less of a man

No, it doesn't make you any less of a man. But WTH are you accusing people of being self conscious and needing to rethink their lives for wanting to have a certain appearance? That's like saying all women who wear makeup are self conscious people who need to rethink their lives. Or all people who get tattoos, or piercings, or leave the house wearing something other than old, stained sweats must be self conscious. Different people want to look different ways. You liking looking "scrawny" isn't any different than me liking how I look with long hair or some guy liking how he looks with defined muscle. You sound defensive and like you are self conscious and have poor self esteem. Good luck with that.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    This guy did not want muscles. They scared him. He went as far as suggesting that having lots of muscles made one less human. True, I can't tell from the thread if he meant bulk or definition, but his fears probably don't fit in very well with your world view: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/982084-he-s-gonna-make-me-muscle-freak.

He has deactivated, so we can't ask him to clarify.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ME! I am trying to get rid of my muscle definition and it won't go away.

Obviously...

...you need to eat more.
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    This thread is the OP trying to defend his ridiculous assertion that the desire not to have muscle definition is a 100% purely female characteristic.

It shouldn't even be entertained.

^^^this

I don't always agree with you Jonny, but on this... 100%
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am perfectly content with the not so defined "scrawny" me thank you very much... Those who feel the need to make themselves more fit based off of appearances alone are self conscious people who need to rethink their lives. Not being muscular doesn't make me any less of a man

No, it doesn't make you any less of a man. But WTH are you accusing people of being self conscious and needing to rethink their lives for wanting to have a certain appearance? That's like saying all women who wear makeup are self conscious people who need to rethink their lives. Or all people who get tattoos, or piercings, or leave the house wearing something other than old, stained sweats must be self conscious. Different people want to look different ways. You liking looking "scrawny" isn't any different than me liking how I look with long hair or some guy liking how he looks with defined muscle. You sound defensive and like you are self conscious and have poor self esteem. Good luck with that.

get it gurl
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I would like more muscle defintion but really dislake the HUGE muscles you see on most of the professional body builders, I like the Slim toned look. But thats just me.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I want muscle that backs up my napoleon complex.
    *slams down weights and GLARES*
    I SHOWED YOU.

YEAH? well... SO'S YOUR MOM! *sticks out tongue*
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I work out for strength and aesthetics, in equal parts. Also, everyone is self-conscious and wants to be attractive to some extent. Nothing wrong with that.

As for whether someone is less of a man for not working out or being muscular, of course not. Their body and/or strength might not be impressive like many men and women would like it to be, but that's another matter entirely.

That said, I think physical activity be it weight lifting or sports are an important part of a man's growth both physcially and mentally. I have always loved being active, and growing in both ways through physical activity has been a huge boon to my growth as a person overall.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I would say most korean and Japanese men would fall under this category.
    As a Korean...

WTF am I reading?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    One can have muscle definition without being muscular. Definition is deemed on body fat % not muscularity.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition