WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2013

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Heather, I believe it was the Jane Erye books I read that speak of going to Bath. Is it literally what the name says it is or is it just the name of a place. I know the place is very old. What's the history??

micehlle, the dress looks wonderful. You should be very proud of yourself. Your search and failure for your dress and eventually found a perfect dress is a wonderful analogy of what our journeys are like in this weight loss.

Good news, my tongue feels much better today. I'm able to drink my cold water fine :love: I just have this little bump that I will have to watch out not to bite.

Failure, oh what all do I know about failure. I think she lives here in my home. She has been here that long. But I will not let her continue to have power over me anymore. My husband wants to know how I can laugh about a scary dream I had many years ago. When I was pregnant with Chrsitina I had a terrible dream about a tazmanian devil under my house. Now the tazmanian devil is one of my favorite cartoon characters. I have control over him, not him of me.

Have a good day everyone. Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Let's see if this makes it any smaller:

28mn3n5.jpg

Michele, you are beautiful!:bigsmile:
  • pattyjabs
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join you group. I'm 53 and lost 40 pounds on WW two years ago. This year i was diagnosed with Osteoperosis. Fractured my wrist in January and got a stress fracture in my heal bone in April. With the inactivityand non weight bearing I gained back 15 pounds. I lost 5 the last couple of weeks, and just joined MFP on October 1st. My goal is to drop 5 more pounds by the end of October. I'm only 5 ft tall so my weight loss is slow.

It's wonderful to meet all of you,

Patty
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,361 Member
    Options
    Wow, Michelle you look fabulous! I can't believe those arms! I've got arm envy!:heart:

Joyce- Bath is so called because it was the site of Roman baths, which were built there because of the hot water which bubbles out of the earth there. The baths are still there to visit. It is a beautiful town with many gorgeous Regency buildings in a lovely straw coloured stone - crescents and terraces.. One house is furnished as a museum from that era. Jane Austen lived in the town for a while, but hated it because she felt it was too fashionable and shallow. There is a beautiful old bridge over the river. I chose it as a venue because of its beauty, but also because we could all get there with ease from various parts of the UK, by train or flights to nearby Bristol. I am going by train.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to one and all. I can not believe the weekend is gone, it just flew by. But then when I have the weekend off is does. It has been a VERY stressful couple days. Started Thursday when I came home from work and found the guys here tearing the siding off my house. We have been waiting several months for them to finish. I was upset when at 4pm they just left. My house and yard looked like we had been bombed. Then Friday they finally start showing up after 9 and when I went out to say good morning none of them spoke english. Ok so they worked out there alday and I found things falling off the walls. I didn't know that would happen I would of taken things down. Well when they left that afternoon I went out and was shocked. For all the pounding it looked like little was done. Then yesterday DH was doing the laundry and the dryer would not work. They had covered the dryer vent with insulation. So DH called the numbers we had and the boss called back and came out and opened it up. Then last evening he went down to the family room to watch TV and cable is out. Some how they have cut the cable going downstairs. This morning one guy was here around 8:30 and acouple others showed up and they have been working and making so much noise. I just hope they get done soon. Also DH dicided which company we are going to have put the new furnace in and called them. Sounds like that will be done next week. I will be so glad when it is all done and I have my house back. It has really cooled off here, last couple mornings in the 30s, so glad for the space heater DH bouth upstairs. I do love this cool Fall weather, but will enjoy it more with the new furance in and working.

Jenn--your cruise and Halloween plans sound fun. Someday DH and I want to go on a cruise. It is on my bucket list.

Robin--Beautiful picture, enjoy, grand children are the best.

Sylvia--sorry your time at the cabin has been so stressful. I understand as I am very OCD. I worry myself sick about doing things and getting them done prefect. The fear of not being prefect makes it easier to just not do them. I have found not eating my stress I can get mad so fast. After I blow up I find myself feeling bad. I am doing alot of praying. Thank God for his forgiveness.

Heather--Glad you are home safe and had a wieght loss for the time you were in Rome. I do agree there is no place like home.

Katla--Hope the new meds are helping. I know with so many things going on it is easy to get overwhelmed.

LF--I have the thinning of hair. I have found cutting it short makes the top look fuller. I find it depressing as I used to wear my hair long and I miss it.

Michele--I love the picture of you and the dress. You looked great and the part. Sounds like the evening was fun. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy from MPLS MN--Congrates on passing the 100 pounds loss. I know it feels great. When I hit that mark I went and bought myself a fancy pruse and 2 of my DDIL and DGD's took me to get a peidcure. It was alot of fun and great memory. Please do something speical for you as you deserve it.

Joyce--DH and I learned Wal-Mart shoes don't last and are really hard on the feet. Last couple times I've bought shoes I have gotten cross trainners. Love the fit and support. Acouple years ago I bought a pair of the sliders. Boy!! was that a mistake. They messed up my back big time. So live and learn. Hope your tongue heals fast. I have been having issues with sores in my mouth from my dentures since losing weight.

Sandy--Stay strong and those who know you know the truth.

Susan--Sorry to about your experince with motorcycles. All it takes is a few to give riding a bad name. DH and I have rode motorcycles for years. We ride most the time with our CMA group. There is alot of rules that sound like they were not following.

Molly--Sorry for your DD's and your loss. We had to put our Sassy to sleep acouple months ago. She was over 14. It is never easy and I do think Toby (the other puppy) is depressed. Thinking about finding him a friend. Not easy. But remember all the love they give us and they do not judge us, even when we are having a bad day.

Patcock--Goodluck with your stress test today.

jb-- Love the pictures thanks for sharing.

Barbie--sounds like your weekend was fun and relaxing while getting alot done. Prayers to your DB and family.

Pat--Welcome home and glad you had a good trip and got things done.

yanniejannie--Great NSV.

366-266--Important do not give up. Each day is a new day. Think of this as a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Heidi--Welcome and come back often and get to know us and let us get to know you.
    Jane--Prayers to you and your friends. Good you are there to help them. Take care of you also.

Meg--Hope you are feeling better. The storms the other night were crazy. We did get alot of rain and wind. My sister lives in Alliance and they had acouple inches of snow. I do love this cooler weather.

Well hope everyone is having a good start to the week. The guys on the house left for lunch almost 2 hours ago. Sure hope they get back and get this done. God is in control, I just wish sometimes he would let me in and what is happening.

Blessed!
    VickiL GI NE
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello ladies, very cool windy rainy day here, no outside work today but its supposed to be nice for the weekend and here in Canada that is our Thanksgiving came so quick this year,

Nice to have all our travellers back home safe and sound
    :heart: love your picture Michele, you certainly lookedthe part
    :heart: jb your picture is also awsome

Sending prayers to all in need for family and friends
    Best wishes to all for a good week ahead

Juanita in sudbury
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,962 Member
    Options
    Heather you and me both sister,
    My heel is much much improved after a couple of shots of cortisone and 2 rounds of steroids,but I to wear orthodic's in my shoes it does help alot, and I still wear a brace at night sometimes, yes, the calf exercises help too.
    I was up at 3 this morning,fell asleep at 6;30 last night..
    When the DH is thundering I sort of tune out and go to sleep, He starts screaming , yelling and throwing things,or punches walls, luckly he hasn't hurt himself or to much of anything in the house..
    scares the crap out of the dogs they go scattering and hide under one of the beds.
    sometimes he gets like this before we go on vacation, he worries about the house ,but more so the dogs..
    My brother is 49 my SIL is close to that too. the DH is terrified our little dog is going to get out and run away, now my 28 yr old son was down here for a week and took care of them and Homer is still here.. gees louise!!!
    and as usual he is worried about money and paying bills, I told him, that after the first of the year I will look for a second job, part time, either real early mornings or on thursdays and sundays as I have those days off.
    I got up and went for a walk at around 4;30 in the dark, sometimes it creeps me out ,but wont be able to get to the gym today.. luckly main st is lit ,so im not walking in the dark .I know I should have someone with me,but exercise ,is exercise.
    Hope everyone has a sparkly weekend:wink: .

Your DH sounds so much like mine, they could be brothers! I need to get some of your ambition and dedication to walking and exercising. Maybe after the move we could be exercise buddies!

Rita from TN (Ct IN 18 DAYS!!)
  • kevrit
    Options
    [ Went down I 81 through Tenn.---waved to kevrit---then into N.C.---waved to Michele and Dee Dee----

yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
    [/quote]

janniejannie, I thought that was you I saw (LOL)!. Glad you had fun and a great trip!

Rita from TN (18 days to CT!)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    Rita, can't wait till you are up here...:drinker:
    well praise the lord, I figured out the computer I was having a stress fit this morning:huh:
    I am deeply depressed with this government, I had a day planned at my favorite spot ever at Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge, but guess what? CLOSED because of the shutdown.. to say I am pissed is an understatement,but I guess I am being petty,there are moms who cant feed there kids, vets who cant get health care, all this because of these idiot's in washington.....
    ok vent over....
    hope everyone's day went well:smile:
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie, agreed.
  • kevrit
    Options
    Rita, can't wait till you are up here...:drinker:
    well praise the lord, I figured out the computer I was having a stress fit this morning:huh:
    I am deeply depressed with this government, I had a day planned at my favorite spot ever at Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge, but guess what? CLOSED because of the shutdown.. to say I am pissed is an understatement,but I guess I am being petty,there are moms who cant feed there kids, vets who cant get health care, all this because of these idiot's in washington.....
    ok vent over....
    hope everyone's day went well:smile:

Grandmallie, when I get up there I can be your personal computer repair person! That is actually my profession! How close are you to Berlin?
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    We all can agree with Grandmalle. It is affecting so many people. I don't believe any one in DC knows the word comprimise..

I tried something different today. I guess it all stems form my fear of doing the strength training. I did some good cardio yesterday so I decided to go for a walk today. Walking is hard for my hips or rather the muscles or nerves or whatever right below the hips. I know they need to be strengthened. I love the cool weather so I headed out. I walked almost a mile. I probably could have done more but I stopped. I love to watch Dancing with the stars so will watch it and then put on a sweatshirt and go out again. Oh, my poor husband. 'You know it's dark', 'watch out when you are crossing a street', you know it will be really cool, etc, etc. I will take a flashlight with me, we live in a quiet neighborhood, have lived here for many years so I trust walking after dark. Then I am going to have to conquer that fear of strength training, pull up my big girl panties and do it. I'm tired of my belly and my bat wings and I need to do something to get those in shape.

Joyce, Indiana
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hi to all my vitamin F folks. Had a good day today and got lots done around the house. Hosted bridge group this afternoon.
    Meg - sorry you aren't feeling well. Take care of you! We can shoot toward the river because there is uninhabited land across the river. Wish those hogs would just stay over there.
    Michele, love your picture. The outfit looks really good. You cook more food than anyone I know!
    Jenn - I like crock pot recipes also. We will have to PM some of them.
    jb love the before and during pictures. You look great.
    Barbie - glad you had a great weekend and got home safe and sound.
    Joyce sorry about your tongue - should help with the weight loss.
    Golf tomorrow so have to get to bed early.

Sue in TX
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hello to all!!

Joyce: I understand you go to the Y. Do they have someone who supervises the gym area. Most places do. Ask that person for help with strength machines and explain about the MS. Most of those people are trainers and bored silly just watching people exercise so they are really glad to have someone ask questions. I know this has worked for me at the wellness center and I don't have to pay for a trainer. Good luck!:happy:

Michelle: Cool picture. Sounds like you had fun.:flowerforyou:

Heather: Envious of you going to Bath. What a lovely town. When our choir went to UK we sang at Bath Abbey, awesome acoustics. Also there was a marvelous book store there. I think my DH could have spent the entire time we were in Bath in the bookstore.:tongue:

This is my last week footloose and fancy free. I go back to work next Monday and will need to get things back in order at the pools as well as training the new person that was hired while I was gone. I also have to continue my PT for a few weeks yet so things will be busy but I am looking forward to it really. It will be nice to have my independence back and it will not be long before I can retire next spring.

Sending healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to all with victories. Sue in SD
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies

Michelle - you look amazing!

jb - fantastic picture!!

Short post tonight - I went to the Y tonight, did an hour of strength training, came home and had my dinner and then it hit...I wanted more, needed more. I ate brownies ugh! I know better then to have anything like that in the house but DD brought them in. hmph. Oh well, tomorrow is a bright new day.

Granmallie - glad to hear you got your computer issues solved.

Sleep well everyone!

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. I just got back from 8 nights on the road. Worked very long days and nights. Over the weekend I did peel away to the beautiful shores of Delaware. Have so much to catch up on at home and here on this thread.

Rori in the Colorado Foothills
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie- I can and do send you lots of sympathy over the computer glitch :sad: , but I surely can't help you....... my computer skills are sadly, sadly lacking. Good Luck!

Tazgirl- Congrats on a good weekend.:flowerforyou: They are the hardest days for me to handle, too.

YannieJannie- See, you are more disciplined then you thought you were. Good for you! The compliment from your DD must have had you walking on air! :love: Wow is right!

Dear new Friend on the Jet Ski- Stop it! You are not allowed to beat yourself up....the rest of the world does a fine job of beating us, you do not need to! You fell off the wagon, so what. It is right there waiting for you, probably for me, and probably for lots of our other online MFP friends. We are not failures! We made bad choices and now we will make good ones. Looking at your picture you have a great capacity for joy and like to play and have fun. So, do it! You went on a wonderful trip, had a great time, and now are going back to a routine that probably includes more food discipline than being on vacation did. You will be fine, it is hard, but you can do this. We are all pulling for you.....take it one bite, one meal , one day at a time.:flowerforyou: Be well & happy, my friend.

Katla- Thanks for the kind words. I like your attitude, and I love your support! :flowerforyou:

Michele- Great outfit and great pic! :flowerforyou:

Kevrit- How would you like a trip to Az after you fix Granmallie's computer? I swear mine is possessed! :sad:

Sandy- Brownies- let it go- I am so impressed with your dedication to the Y and your strength training, and I hardly believe that the brownies are going to affect your awesome progress. It was one misstep, look at how far you have already come. Don't give it another thought.

I just came back from a 35 minute walk. I know I could be swimming everyday and exercising at the rec center, but I just haven't been able to force myself to go there. So, tonight I walked. My frustration is that I can't go very far or for very long. I have to drive to a stretch that is paved and level because my ankle just won't take rough terrain. I feel like I am 100+ years old! Ok, I am done whining.

Have a great evening; I am going to watch football!

Pat (Phoo in Az)
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi gals. Hope your Monday was a beautiful as mine was. It is fall break but I went to work and got a boat load of stuff done. I’m going in tomorrow but don’t think I’ll need to spend the entire day there. Last night we met DD#1’s boyfriend when they came to get her furniture. Despite my fears, he is polite, nice, friendly, and well-spoken. He and DH have tons in common. He seems quite smitten! So I’m hoping this goes well.

I had my laugh for today. When I posted my weight today I transposed the first and second numbers so instead of 231.7 I put 321.7! When I finished my food diary it said “If every day were like today, in 5 weeks you would weight 311 pounds”! OMG I almost died until I realized what I had done.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am afraid to just change my weight because then my ticker would show a 100 pound loss or so. Does anyone know how to just delete or edit an entry?

I do feel a bit better today; just a bit queasy and a little foggy.

Jenn: I would love to cook more in my crock pot but everything comes out dry as a bone. Any suggestions? I follow recipes!

Yanniejannie: glad you had a nice trip! Such great victories!

Grandmallie; fried clams sound delightful!

Dianne; welcome back!

Patceoh: oh my let us know how the stress test goes!

Kathy: good luck with the dreaded coursework…according to my students, all the classes are dreaded. It is nice to be getting emails from students coming back to me next week telling me how excited they are. That will fade in about 3 days LOL

Joyce: I do love German food! Stay strong!

Sandy: hope that migraine goes away soon! You are right; tomorrow is another day!

Jb: you are gorgeous!!! You can see such a difference in your pics and you look beaming in the latter one!

Barbie: your trip sounds like you enjoyed it and I admire anyone who has as much will power as you and your friend do. When I have been overseas, I have seen lots of nice dogs in restaurants. In Omaha you can bring them to many of them if you are eating outside. Well it’s a start! We were in Key West once and ate at a place where chickens were running around all over the place. They’d run right over your feet!

Katla: do you add water to your crock pot stew? Holy cow I can’t believe how old your sourdough starter is! Now that’s some dedication!

Grandmallie: glad you are home and had such a good time at your retreat. I may have to have you come over to help me get all mine done! Oh no! I hope you find all your things on the computer. My hubby always says things are never really gone on the computer and can always be found.

Michele: sounds like you did get plenty of exercise! Can’t wait to see the pic! LATER: wow you look so young!

Molly: hope you are soon feeling better and can think of the positive memories of your fur baby.

Taz: you are making great progress so far! Keep up the good work!

Heather: you are right about next week…sounds very busy but fun!

DeeDee: sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your brother. Let us know how it turns out. Is the tumor cancerous or benign?

Sylvia: hope your lunch was lots of healthy fun! Congrats on the weight loss!

366 soon to be 266: It is hard to fall off the wagon and then get back on. Don’t despair. All of us have been there at one time or another. I think the difference is in being a failure versus learning something from it. And life does happen. Illness, trauma, unmitigated stress….all of these things are mostly beyond our control. Take baby steps. Pick one thing you know you can change and stick with it for 2 weeks before you add another change. It can be something as little as drinking enough water each day or walking for 10 minutes a day. Baby steps are the key. Read what Pat (Phoo) says; she is very wise!

Heidi: welcome to the group!

Jane: sending prayers your way for Thelma and Melody! You too!

Patty: welcome to you too! Osteo is a hard one!

Vicki: glad you didn’t have tornadoes! I understand the frustration about working on the house! We still are not finished with the basement repairs from the flood in May! It’s massively annoying!

Juanita: nice to see you again! Seems like I have missed you on here

Grandmallie: agreed here too! I am so frustrated with these twits in Washington. There are kids who can’t go to Head start and their moms can’t go to work because they have no day care. What are they supposed to do….just go on food stamps? Now that won’t solve the budget shortfall!

Sue: my hubby would love to live there so he can shoot all his guns!

SueK: oh, back to work already? Sounds like you are making progress!

Rori: welcome home!

Pat : such good words of advice!

OK, I’m going to go cry because all my baseball teams are doing badly. Harumph! Who was it here who liked the Phillies so much? Have a good evening or what’s left of it and make tomorrow another great day. Take care, Meg from beautiful Omaha where the weather has been perfect!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Did about 15 minutes of yoga today, then held my plank for 2 min 20 sec and then took the extremepump class. The gal who used to teach it was there but she wasn't teaching. I have no idea what's going on.

Tomorrow I'll do a spinning downloadable workout.

Just found out that the gal whose birthday I made the coffee cake for won't be there, so in a way it's a good thing I have the cake that stuck to the pan. I'll just take some of it with me and everyone can try some. Personally, it had a lot of crumbs, which is what I like, and not a lot of cake.

grandmalle - my heart is with you. I hate when that happens. Did you maybe back up your info

Heather - I like to vary things, too. Vince is the same way as your dh -- he'd have the same thing every night if he had his way. As it is, the only veges that he'll eat are white (not sweet) potatoes, corn, and carrots. He'll have lettuce (I give him Romaine) and tomatoes on it. That's about IT. Oh, and coleslaw.

Oh, no, I just realized that we have rummikub tomorrow night and I need to make something. Will check my files and if worse comes to worse, I'll get something at a food store and bring that with me (maybe veges)

DeeDee - when I got up this morning, it was thundering and lightening. By the time I did my exercise and went out to get the paper, it was just raining. When I left to go to the extremepump class, it wasn't even raining. Tomorrow is supposed to be cool.

yanniejannie - what a teriffic NSV!

366to266 - you are NOT a failure, you hear me?????? I'm Polish and I can understand how one could fall off the wagon in Poland. So many of their foods are so high in fat and salt. Really, this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Diet has a beginning and an end, lifestyle change doesn't. When I get those times when I want junk, junk, junk, I made myself a big salad and put vinegar on it. The vinegar seems to squelch any desire for junk food, at least temporarily. You know, I don't think any one of us is totally perfect (except for maybe Barbie). Just don't ever ever ever give up.

Heidi - welcome to a great group!

Thank you for all your kind words about my pic. I had a 50% off coupon at AC Moore so I got that boa for about $2.50. Had another coupon for 50% off so got the beads for about $1. Actually, what it is is the MardiGras beads (I was looking for the strings of beads that you use to decorate a Christmas tree, but these worked). Since they were all the same size, I cut them and inserted part of one to make it longer. I got the dress at the Salvation Army for $5. My character was supposed to be someone who shocked with her clothing, always showing off legs and wearing low cut blouses. You should have seen me at the SA going thru the dress "nope, not sexy enough". They must have thought I was crazy! I did take the dress to a friend who cut the sleeves and she used the scraps to make the hat. I added the feathers to the hat. In all, it was a fun evening. That was the most expensive part -- $15 (I gave her a tip for all her work). I found a pair of shoes that would have worked -- but there was no way on this earth that I'd pay $70 for shoes that I'd only wear once so I wound up wearing these sliver sandals I had. Vince got a tweed jacket from ebay, his character walked with a limp so he brought his cane. Vince -- impeccably dressed -- that was something. This is the guy who likes jean cargo pants, doesn't care what they look like on him as long as they are comfortable.

jane - prayers for your friend

Patty - welcome. Don't get frustrated if you don't lose all the weight by the end of the month. It'll come off.

Vicki - I feel for you. That's why when we were having the pool installed, Vince was out there every second with the guys. I know what you mean about them not understanding English. It's so frustrating!

Totally forgot that I need to make something for Rummikub tomorrow night (I hate waiting until the last minute to do things). I found this recipe for baked falafel. Pretty easy to make. I made two batches

Played mahjongg tonight. Maj'd 4 times! I usually go on Monday nights, but I won't be able to next week since we're having company.

Sue in TX - Heather cooks a lot, too. But I bet she doesn't sample as much as I do....lol. I took the coffee cake to the gal whose house we played mahjongg at, she'll give it to the other lady who wasn't there tonight. Karen (her birthday Wed) is Dianne's (where we play mahjongg) neighbor. Remember I made one coffee cake and it stuck to the pan? Well, I took some of it to Dianne's house and the rest I'll take to the Y with me tomorrow. Gotta get that out of the house.

Joyce - I'm hesitant to ask personal trainers at this Y anything. The Y I was at before I knew what certifications they had, that they'd graduated with degrees. Most of the trainers down here only have the Y certification, which honestly isn't a whole lot. I had it from when I worked there. If a trainer is AFAA or ACE or (I forget the letters) NASCM certified, you know that they've gone thru training where they've at least been exposed to different ailments, how they affect the body, and how to compensate. When we lived in PA, I took a class "Exercise Prescription for Special Populations" which dealt with MS, hypertension, osteoporosis, A-fib, a whole host of ailments. I know that the kids who graduated with the degree from there had this training. If you know that they know their stuff, don't be hesitant to ask away. Down here they don't tell you what certifications the trainers have.

Sue in SD - hope you're safe! How's your weather?

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: When I started on MFP, I was 62 years old and had been a huge failure at weight loss……my only success had been that I had stayed at the same weight for a few years without gaining. I didn’t expect to be successful this time and no one was more surprised than I was when one day at a time, I began to lose weight.

:flowerforyou: The things that helped me the most were planning my food for the day, logging the food on MFP, and sticking to the plan no matter what…….then I decided that I would find my recreation somewhere other than eating……..I found meals I liked and rotated them….if you eat the same things all the time, it’s easier to log the food and it stops the obsession of thinking about what to eat all the time.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif