janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Heather:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
    hugs
    jane
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Have much to say today but will Just say i LOST ANOTHER POUND!!!!!!!! I am getting closer and closer to be in the overweight range. I do feel a handicap this week, our car is in the shop this week getting fixed after my fender bender and I have to share a car with my husband. Now that's OK except I like going to the Y or anything else on my schedule.

have a good day every one. I get to see my grand kids in 12 days!

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    I have just posted a photo of me on my profile in our Rome apartment, wearing my evening outfit - mini skirt, lacy top and my furry boots! Just about to go out. I have had two glasses of Prosecco!:blushing: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends
    Happy birthday Heather! Thanks for a trip around Rome! Have an awesome time today and for years to come:drinker:
    Well have managed to gain over 2 pounds in the past week....... although I thought the scale would go the other way round.
    Will just have to analyse all I did. or didnt do.....
    Best wishes to all you wonderful ladies
    Anamika from Mumbai
    PS Just saw your pic Heather....... you look awesome:wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I have just posted a photo of me on my profile in our Rome apartment, wearing my evening outfit - mini skirt, lacy top and my furry boots! Just about to go out. I have had two glasses of Prosecco!:blushing: :blushing: :bigsmile:

Heather, you look awesome :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe we are up to four pages already. Went to the pools and did my water therapy this morning. I love exercising in the water and I am now doing breast stroke as well as side stroke. My PT said I should do it as the motion is good for my shoulder. No argument here.

Well I can sympathize with whoever is having the car problems. Since I was hurt in April and unable to drive until just a couple of weeks ago my truck sat in the garage all that time and was only driven three times. It did start but had a horrible whine. I thought maybe one of the belts had dried out in that time and it would work itself out but I finally took it in today and I have a cracked manifold that is spewing exhaust out the hole. Yippee!:ohwell: They have to order a part and I will not get the truck back until Friday. The estimate is $1000. :cry: Here I was just beginning to enjoy driving my own vehicle again and having more independence. Oh well life goes on.

We are going with a friend to hear Chanticleer tonight. They are a 12-voice men's group from San Francisco. I have heard them on the radio and on CD but it will be awesome to see and hear them in person.:bigsmile:

Welcome to all the newbies! Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    ♫ Happy Birthday Heather ♫ looks like Rome agrees with you :bigsmile:

Laura, congrats on the sale of your home and the start of new chapter in life :flowerforyou:

Linda, I do say so myself - it takes a lot to keep up with all the activity on this thread. :bigsmile:

Pat (Phoo in AZ) and Katla in Orgeon I was recently told to start using eye drops for dry eyes; thanks for sharing. I am using Systane as well but I think I'll add the water.

Oops! husband is coming home and we will be heading off to the Ford Service to p/u his car. Pic is my grandson the Kashtonator who has left the house! We took a 30 minute stroller ride today so I did get my exercise/activity for the day. Sweet!

Good day to all and catch up with you later!

T-gal in Plano
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    You are all so lovely. I do appreciate all your comments.:love::heart:
    I have so loved feeling the benefit of my hard work, losing the weight and getting fitter. I would never have been able to do all this walking before. I used to have a seized up back and terrible swollen ankles and painful hips. For those of you who are struggling - it REALLY is worth it!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather, I just saw your picture. You are looking wonderful! Congratulations on all your success and your wonderful vacation.:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Heather, you look fabulous - and so happy!

Good job, Bruno! Tigger, a neighbor's dog that we see most days on our walk, ripped up an entire phone book all over his yard. Dave and I caught him in the act. He was very proud of his work, too.
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Heather lovely picture, have a Happy Birthday and enjoy the rest of your vacation, that we are all taking thanks to your updates
    :flowerforyou: Barbie Thanks going out to you for keeping us all together and on the right path, you are a perfect mother hen to us

:drinker: best wishes to all who are doing so well on their journey, and hello to all who are new

I am keeping last months goals to up my steps daily did 10, 000 most days, also to keep better portion control

Juanita in sudbury where it is sunny warm and colourful
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,734 Member
    Options
    Heather~Happy Birthday dear friend.. you look Fab and im so glad you are enjoying your vacation and that hubby is too.
    we will be going on ours in a week, but just saw a headline that says the company my DH works for will lay off 5,000 people if the government shutdown lasts more than a month..
    keep us in your prayers as we dont need a wrench in the moneyworks.
    I was starving when I got home from work, and tired,so what do I do? have the rest of the leftover macaroni and tuna salad, and a fiber one 90 calorie brownie, now im washing it down with a cup of tea,which I thought was chamomile,but I guess it isnt:grumble:
    swell, well if I can keep myself off the scale in the morning all the better. I really really wanted to be at least into the 140's by the time we left on vacation, that give me a week...
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym today but didn't feel very well, so I didn't try to swim. I did about half my weight routine and 30 minutes on the cardio machine. I thought maybe I needed some protein, so for supper I made tacos with ground round and Mrs Dash Southwest Chipolte seasoning. It was pretty good, but not like Taco Bell. A lot less calories and sodium though, for sure.

Heather - I want to look like you in another year! I'd be so happy. Two summers ago we went to Stockholm and walked a lot for two weeks. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't weighed almost 300 pounds. I thought i was going to die. So I enjoy hearing about your time in Rome. Thanks for sharing!

Sylvia
  • juliek1960
    Options
    Hi ladies - I really need some support, I'm having a really hard time getting motivated to exercise - I'm excited to have found this message board and see so many who are being very successful..

Looking forward to getting some great support!!
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Heather - you look amazing! Happy birthday, it sounds like you are having such a great time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

sbvet - welcome, it's a great bunch of women here. Come back often and post, the support is here whenever you need it.

I forgot my fitbit this morning so I have no steps hmph, I did go to the Y and did an hour of strength training. I had a chance to chat with an old friend tonight that I haven't talked to in ages. It was so nice to catch up. Our kids are the same age. We are going out for coffee on Saturday morning after my pt at the Y

Off to bed... g'nite all Sleep well

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hi ladies - I really need some support, I'm having a really hard time getting motivated to exercise - I'm excited to have found this message board and see so many who are being very successful..

Looking forward to getting some great support!!

:flowerforyou: welcome......you have come to the right place.....begin by coming to this thread every day (more than once, if you can) and read what everyone has written.......then begin your exercise program by getting out of your chair and moving around.....take a short walk outdoors to start a new habit....don't wait for motivation, just do it like you brush your teeth and shower.

:bigsmile: and don't wait until you're as old as I am to get started.

:bigsmile: Barbie from NW Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Joyce - I hear ya about taking a pice of candy before you sit down. One year what I did (and this worked out pretty well) was I popped a big bowl of airpopped popcorn for myself So before I'd go sit down, I take a handful of popcorn. At least it wasn't a handful of candy!

grandmalle - good for you going to the Y! You're keeping a great habit. Like you said, even if you don't do much, at least you went.

Tina - our condo is in Titusville

Oh goodness. I just heard that Tom Clancy has passed away. Vince really likes his books

Jenn - I'm looking forward to a full report of your trip!

jane - hope Violet feels better fast.

Pat - Last year doing work outside Vince and I got thes NASTY bug bites, we were itching like crazy! Well, Vince did some research on the Internet and it said to put your blowdryer on the itch as high as you can. Admitted, we were skeptical, but we figured "why not, what's the worse that can happen? Nothing?" Well, we tried it and it did give us temporary relief. Then we found out the theory behind this. The theory is that the heat releases the histamines. Admitted, it's not permanent, but even an hour of relief was certainly welcome. Give it a try! Did you mean that your eye has been itching? I don't know if this works on that part of your body. But in case you didn't mean eye but thigh or something else, try this

Heather - thanks for sharing all about your trip. How I wish I was there. Kudos to you on vacation and still exercising.

Did about 45 minutes of yoga and then an hour of the deep water. On the way home stopped at this one food store since I needed half and half for the soup for the dinner, then senior bowling. Tonight is the first night of Newcomers bowling, too. So in a bit of a rush right now.

Tomorrow I'll do a LaLo Fit DVD (weights) and then go to see the lady who fixed the sleeves on my dress. I made some dog biscuits for her dogs. I'm going to take a black and a white feather with me to see if possibly they can be used on the hat.

Laura in CO - congrats on selling the house! Boy, you sure have been busy, what with your son, work, just everyhting

Lin - what was it with yesterday? I didn't do too well on the calories, either. But like they say...today is another day

Joyce - congrats on the loss!

When I broke the bone in my foot, Vince had to drive me everywhere. He absolutely hated to go food shopping with me. He'd take me to the food store, drop me off, then go park and read a book or his email or something, wait for me to call him when I was finished.

Heathr - you look, in a word, AWESOME!!!

Sylvia - I hope you're feeling better

Just got back from Newcomer bowling. My first game wwas a 187! Of course, the next game was an 89 then I bowled a 105 -- more my speed.

sbvet - come in often and you'll get lots of support

When we finished bowling, I mentioned to this one lady that I was so mad that I didn't take my pocketbook because I had a coupon for 50% at AC Moore. I honestly didn't think we'd finish as soon as we did. She said that one time she showed them her loyalty card and they gave her the discount. So I tried it and they gave me the 50% off. So I bought a boa to go with my dress. I'll pick it up tomorrow and see how the boa looks with it. To me, a boa can be sexy. If needed, tho, I can always return it.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Laura, congrats on selling your house…wow, that was really fast….good luck on the next chapter in your life.

:flowerforyou: Heather, I’m a bit late saying Happy Birthday, but it’s clear that it has been super happy for you.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: My darling hubby and I are going away for the weekend to an event in a fancy hotel in Tacoma (about two hours from where we live). The event will include some restaurant meals (ugh) but we’re bringing our Isagenix shakes and some healthy snacks. There will be a lot of meetings (meaning a lot of sitting) so it will be a challenge to walk enough. The hotel charges for wifi so we won’t bring the computer and I won’t be checking in with you until Sunday night or Monday. There’s a great fitness center that I hope to use a couple of times.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: 31,000 steps today
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michelle :flowerforyou: I love the idea about the air popped popcorn. But the problem is buying the candy and having it in the house before Halloween. But if I have the courage to buy it before Halloween I may try the popcorn idea. Now I know how my husband would think of it. He hates air popped corn because it has flavor. And if he is the one who eats the candy then it becomes his problem.

Joyce, Indiana
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Spent the evening reading and feel like I'm pretty caught up with your lives. Played golf yesterday so go a lot of exercise (I swing a lot). Today was bridge all day and I got really antsy just sitting there all day.
    Heather - You look beautiful. Better be careful those Italians like to pinch pretty ladies. Happy Birthday to you.

Laura - so glad you sold your home and best wishes on the move. Where is you DS in Ms? Camp Shelby? Prayers for his safety.
    Critter Sue - so sorry for your loss. Hope you'll begin to see the light soon.
    Barbie - sounds like a wonderful break for you and DH. Enjoy.

My September was very unproductive so I'm like the poster who is pulling up their socks. I need to really buckle down this month.
    It's late and I'm tired so I'll come back tomorrow with more responses and goals
    Sue in TX