BODY LOTION & WEIGHT GAIN

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    so if I cover myself in Greek yogurt it will just absorb into me and I will not need to eat it....hmmmm, I know what I will be doing tonight...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Better stop keeping my skin soft, so I can fit that donut into my calories... Oh priorities...

better yet, just blend the donuts and take a bath in them....
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    If you're using lotion, you're doing it wrong. Silicon based lubricants are best
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    "It rubs the silicon lubricant on its skin" doesn't have the same ring to it.
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It places the lotion in the basket.

Lmao! Perfect response.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    OK girls!!! Here's the truth!

I weighed myself this morning.

Then I took a shower with conditioner (no shampoo today, sorry) and next put lotion on.

I weighed myself again and was 3 pounds heavier!!

After that, I blow dried my hair and finished up my morning routine. Obviously this is FACT, not FICTION. You really ARE heavier after you shower and after you put lotion on!

wut.gif

Best gif *EVER*

Agreed.

Perfect!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    When I was very young, before I had become chunky, my mother bathed us kids all together in a tub with dish detergent. Dish detergent cuts grease so that must of been why I didn't become fat until puberty when I started buying all those stinky soaps and lotions with my hard earned baby sitting money. Now I understand EVERTHING! Thank you so much for this thread. I think I'll move the Dawn into the bathroom. It's great at cutting grease! Palmolive would just keep me fat.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options

LMAO - OMG, everytime the word "lotion" comes up in casual conversation hubby or I quote this line.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Well shoot. Here I though I gained weight from eating too much.

The dry scaly skin will be so worth it! :drinker:
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    And here I thought I was gaining weight from Cake and Beer. Turns out it was the years of lotion on my skin!
  • lejla2002
    lejla2002 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just read about a diet program (a variation of the HCG diet) that discourages people from using body lotion as adds to their extra calorie intake?!?!?! Something about the HCG "putting your body in a state of lypolysis and is searching for fat to burn. It will pull the oil in the lotion right through your skin."

So if you're not losing weight, ditch the body lotion.

:laugh: yeah and don't use Volumazing shampoo since it adds volume to your body lol :laugh: :laugh:
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    When I was very young, before I had become chunky, my mother bathed us kids all together in a tub with dish detergent. Dish detergent cuts grease so that must of been why I didn't become fat until puberty when I started buying all those stinky soaps and lotions with my hard earned baby sitting money. Now I understand EVERTHING! Thank you so much for this thread. I think I'll move the Dawn into the bathroom. It's great at cutting grease! Palmolive would just keep me fat.

My husband's a mechanic and uses Dawn on his hands to cut the grease ....and his hands are skinny! I will start using it on my belly.
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options

LMAO!!!!!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I just read about a diet program (a variation of the HCG diet) that discourages people from using body lotion as adds to their extra calorie intake?!?!?! Something about the HCG "putting your body in a state of lypolysis and is searching for fat to burn. It will pull the oil in the lotion right through your skin."

Be careful - if the lotion is made with aspartame, it will only increase cravings for 'real' lotion.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Broscience taught me today:

*In places I want to lose weight, tummy, thighs, both of my little toes are freakin huge - clean with "dawn power dissolver"
    *In places I want to gain weight, boobs, maybe my other toes so they begin to match - clean with "body and volume shampoo, conditioner, and coconut oil."

Okay, got it! Wow, broscience is so awesome!! :love:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    And, the reason why you won't starve on the diet is:

"Because HCG releases your fat reserves, your body begins to “consume” the fat, which acts as a source of energy in place of food. In essence, you burn about one pound of fat each day (one pound is 3,500 calories). Therefore, your total consumption each day will be about 4,000 calories – 500 from food and 3,500 from fat. That is why most patients do not experience extreme hunger while using HCG."

Are you counting your fat consumptIon calories yet?

No, the reason most people don't experience extreme hunger on this diet is because the shot they give is loaded with long last appetite suppressants.

I don't know about "most people" but my brother has done HCG not once but twice (because he gained it all back, imagine that!?) He just about bit my head off he was so freakin' hormonal & I was seriously worried he was going to eat one of his kids... luckily they are too fast for him to catch.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? For Pete's sake... No, just NO. Body lotion does NOT make you gain weight. Gah! Plus, the "HCG Diet" is a train wreck.
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options

I'm an aspie and sometimes miss the <sarcasm> and/or <snark> tags. But you're not seriously advocating this right?
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    While I'm quite confident lotion does get into our systems through our skin

No. It doesn't.