THE Scale (or lack thereof) Challenge (round 2)

Options

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Ha! I think my wife is my scale trigger. I haven't even thought about the scale since Sunday except for when I post to this topic.

So how many of you are going to jump immediately on the scale on Friday morning? I don't think I am. I don't really care. I know my waste is smaller, but I doubt I lost any weight, and I really don't feel the need to lose anymore, I know the last of my belly dissapeared sometime between 2 weeks and a month ago, and now I'm working toward actually SEEing the muscles in my stomach. That's my new goal.
    SCREW THE SCALE!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'll be one!:blushing:

Dia trece:

not weighing myself everyday isn't bugging me anymore
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ha! I think my wife is my scale trigger. I haven't even thought about the scale since Sunday except for when I post to this topic.

So how many of you are going to jump immediately on the scale on Friday morning? I don't think I am. I don't really care. I know my waste is smaller, but I doubt I lost any weight, and I really don't feel the need to lose anymore, I know the last of my belly dissapeared sometime between 2 weeks and a month ago, and now I'm working toward actually SEEing the muscles in my stomach. That's my new goal.
    SCREW THE SCALE!

Hmm!! Not sure if I want to weigh in tomorrow morning. To tell you the truth I am afraid I will be heavier and get dissapointed. I have not felt nor seen any changes in about a week now but it might be due to the monthly women's issues...:laugh: I feel great though and I have not missed weighing myself at all!!! Some people have asked me how much I weigh and I tell them I am not very sure now...are we posting our weights tomorrow??? It might be a good incentive to not overdoing it this weekend. My daughter came home last week and I have not been very good at watching my calories :grumble: I am an emotional eater, the problem is I eat more when I am happy and I also eat more when I am sad :laugh: :laugh: There is no stop to it!!! :explode: Good luck!!!
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I weighed today...I know what a wimp giving up the day before. I actually didn't give up. I decided to only weigh on pay day and that happens to be today. I'll wait to tell you my results until tomorrow though. Can't wait can ya?

A FULL month without the scale. I can't believe I did it!
  • banks1850
    Options
    It's over folks, although I haven't weighed myself. I did measure my waist and this month down another 1/2 an inch. Woo Hoo! Let's hear some results!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Today's my last day... weighing myself 2morrow.

Way to go Mista!:wink:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Down 1.5 pounds!!! Two more pounds to reach my weight goal!!! So close but yet so far!!!!!!!!!! It can take me weeks to lose 2 pounds. BUT I am happy with the results I've seen so far. I am just going to stay consistent. My husband congratulated me this morning and said "oh you will lose 2 pounds in a few days" yeah right!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    :heart: Way to go nena!!!:heart:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Only lost 1stinkin pound! :sad: I was so upset until I remembered... I've gone down TWO pants sizes. I'm much better now!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Don't know how that would work for me... Out of sight out of mind. If I don't weigh myself, I assume I am going great until, oops my pants are too tight. Everytime I weigh myself, it reminds me of my goals. I do weigh daily and record, then I do an avg once per week and graph it. Then if weigh in time happens to be on a higher day, I know I am going in the right direction. If the avg is up for the week, I can't use the it's just extra water weight today.

I think everyone should try going without the scale because the scale can be a bad factor!

GOOD LUCK all of you in your qwest for freedom from the scale. Maybe after more time using this site, I will be ready to try it!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oooo man!!! my scale is broken.....I want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or do I :ohwell:

measurements are pretty much the same...so that's not good huh LOL...no gains though....(trying to psych myself up...nervous laughing....shooot!!!!)

I'm gonna get a scale tom! I need to know!!!

great job you guys...even if only little losses....its still huge!
    hugs!
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I just now read this and I needed it sooooooo bad!!! I'm in the extremely early stages in finding my way back to health but I have such an addiction to the scale!! It's already ruined my day. I'm on my restricted calories, I'm excercising....I even have a little help in the form of a pill the doc gave me......all to no avail. :explode: Where are the days I could show a 3 lb loss in 2 days???????? Because of this thread, I'm taking the battery out of my scale this morning because if I don't I won't make it very far on this journey.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I didn't weigh myself for 2 weeks.
    I stepped on that darn scale and it said.........
    123.... 12friggin3.... I lost 2 pounds.
    How can that be???
    I don't want to lose anymore weight!
    I've been eating all my cals plus the exercise cals.... I'm so confused!!!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I just now read this and I needed it sooooooo bad!!! I'm in the extremely early stages in finding my way back to health but I have such an addiction to the scale!! It's already ruined my day. I'm on my restricted calories, I'm excercising....I even have a little help in the form of a pill the doc gave me......all to no avail. :explode: Where are the days I could show a 3 lb loss in 2 days???????? Because of this thread, I'm taking the battery out of my scale this morning because if I don't I won't make it very far on this journey.

I feel ya! I think I've already hit a plateau.. ha ha.. my scale hasn't moved in DAYS.

I hope I didn't screw up my metabolism the last few days, I just couldn't bring myself to eat much.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    that may be part of what's wrong with mine, I was eating anything and everything in site, then the doc puts me on 1200 calories a day. I'm thinking my body is in shock and is holding on to everything because it think's I'm starving it!!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I'm back on this challenge!!!!
    Tomorrow will be day 1:tongue:

*sigh*
  • banks1850
    Options

*sigh*

You go girl! I can't do it this month, too much stuff going on. I don't want to think about this. But I'll be your (male) cheerleader. GO J GO! :tongue:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options

*sigh*

You go girl! I can't do it this month, too much stuff going on. I don't want to think about this. But I'll be your (male) cheerleader. GO J GO! :tongue:
    Thanks sweetness!!
    Oh!... my very own MALE CHEERLEADER?..... :bigsmile: :tongue:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    K......

Day one:
    all good