BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH AND HOW IT SCREWS UP THE NFL

Options

Replies

• Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    And it's kind of useless, there's so much money in the breast cancer business and most of it goes to the companies and not research.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the players who's mothers, fathers, aunts, sisters, wives, grandparents who have suffered and some have died from breast cancer will argue against your statement.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105383-some1-that-has-had-cancer-would-like-share-a-run-with-me-2

So if I don't wear pink to work everyday then I don't care? I have to wear pink to care?
    You don't have to wear pink to work or anywhere for that matter.

But saying that players, coaches, announcers who do choose to wear pink because the NFL allows them to pisses you off is a pretty narrow minded statement.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I am so f*cking sorry your precious boys in tight uniforms are a little messed up while women die.

Calm down. People die every day regardless of what color the tight uniforms are. He didn't say the Komen Foundation should be out of business. Good grief.

And, for the record, I like the pink in the uniforms.

No but it's kind of a rude and insensitive comment especially when there are people on the board who are survivors or have friends and or relatives who either have breast cancer or have died from it.

ETA: And SGK Foundation isn't as altruistic as you would like to think. They refused a charitable donation from some women in Las Vegas because they were topless dancers. Thankfully another organization didn't care what their profession was and took their donation.

There are lots of rude and insensitive comments in this world. Hell, some of the rude and insensitive comments are actually pretty funny in my opinion (though not the OP). Regardless, we can't go around getting pissed off at ALL of them. How would we have time to work out???

As for the donation from the dancers.....pics?
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    I'm a woman and I hate the color pink. Great they want to support woman and breast cancer, but they don't need to wear pink all fricken month! Ick.

Thank you!!!!

BTW they are supporting the men with breast cancer too.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    What a completely tactless way to complain about something so trivial.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone, anywhere, who is NOT aware of breast cancer?
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I am so f*cking sorry your precious boys in tight uniforms are a little messed up while women die.

Calm down. People die every day regardless of what color the tight uniforms are. He didn't say the Komen Foundation should be out of business. Good grief.

And, for the record, I like the pink in the uniforms.

No but it's kind of a rude and insensitive comment especially when there are people on the board who are survivors or have friends and or relatives who either have breast cancer or have died from it.

ETA: And SGK Foundation isn't as altruistic as you would like to think. They refused a charitable donation from some women in Las Vegas because they were topless dancers. Thankfully another organization didn't care what their profession was and took their donation.

There are lots of rude and insensitive comments in this world. Hell, some of the rude and insensitive comments are actually pretty funny in my opinion (though not the OP). Regardless, we can't go around getting pissed off at ALL of them. How would we have time to work out???

As for the donation from the dancers.....pics?

I'm just saying that sometimes people need to be a little bit more tactful with what they say. It's just a color and it's just one month so get over it.

As for the dancers, they were the Crazy Girls Cabaret.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Pretty sure the players who's mothers, fathers, aunts, sisters, wives, grandparents who have suffered and some have died from breast cancer will argue against your statement.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105383-some1-that-has-had-cancer-would-like-share-a-run-with-me-2

So if I don't wear pink to work everyday then I don't care? I have to wear pink to care?

But saying that players, coaches, announcers who do choose to wear pink because the NFL allows them to pisses you off is a pretty narrow minded statement.

And you assuming that the NFL wearing pink increases awareness or fundraising is pretty narrow minded as well. For the vast majority of households, chartiable giving is driven by the female of the household. And what are the majority of the females doing on Sunday afternoon? Yep, not watching football!

Where did I assume wearing pink raises awareness or fundraising? Don't put words into my mouth.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    \

At least I have the balls to say what the majority of people watching football on Sundays feel.

Sorry brother, but you're on your own there. I watch football all the time with friends and it doesn't bother any of us. I think you may actually be in the minority here.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    \

At least I have the balls to say what the majority of people watching football on Sundays feel.

I thought people watching football on Sunday were watching the game....not the uniform. How sweet of you to notice what is being worn though! Very metro of you :glasses:
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

And you assuming that the NFL wearing pink increases awareness or fundraising is pretty narrow minded as well. For the vast majority of households, chartiable giving is driven by the female of the household. And what are the majority of the females doing on Sunday afternoon? Yep, not watching football!

Not all men like football or sports either. I happen to know a lot of them that don't, my husband being one of them. I also happen to know a lot of females who are die-hard sports fans too.

Just sayin'
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    \

I watch football on Sundays. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother any of the other people I know that watch, either. Pretty sure your feelings are the minority, not the majority. Quit worrying about the uniforms and focus on the game.
  • kikittens
    kikittens Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Gross troll is gross.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    \

I watch football on Sundays. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother any of the other people I know that watch, either. Pretty sure your feelings are the minority, not the majority. Quit worrying about the uniforms and focus on the game.

You call that crap Harbaugh's putting out this year football?