BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH AND HOW IT SCREWS UP THE NFL

Options

Replies

• 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    What a completely tactless way to complain about something so trivial.
    \

At least I have the balls to say what the majority of people watching football on Sundays feel.

I watch football on Sundays. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother any of the other people I know that watch, either. Pretty sure your feelings are the minority, not the majority. Quit worrying about the uniforms and focus on the game.

Uh, no. The majority, in fact, vast majority of men don't want pink on the uniforms.

Says who?? I disagree. I've yet to meet a single guy who objects. Most don't have an opinion one way or the other.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. :sad: Should I wear pink or not? Because the cure for breast cancer rides on this decision....

Oh wait...it doesn't. So let's not be overly-sensitive because one guy says doesn't want to see it. Big deal. Want tact? Then you should definitely stay off the internet.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Omg, this means Panera has Pink Ribbon bagels again!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mke3twKJL21rsobi3o1_500.gif
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT, but then again, I am a girly girl who loves pink. I just wish more people thought like you do so I could afford the stuff when it is auctioned off at the end of October.

GO PANTHERS!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    What a completely tactless way to complain about something so trivial.
    \

At least I have the balls to say what the majority of people watching football on Sundays feel.

I watch football on Sundays. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother any of the other people I know that watch, either. Pretty sure your feelings are the minority, not the majority. Quit worrying about the uniforms and focus on the game.

You call that crap Harbaugh's putting out this year football?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

CAREFUL, NOOB. I WILL DELETE YOU.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    @1patientbear

You need to start asking. Based on what you said earlier, its not an issue for you so I doubt it comes up in conversation.

This Sunday, go hang out with your buds and ask this simple quesiton: "Hey, guys, throw out being polticially correct and all that bs. What do you think of pink on the uniforms for the entire month of October?"

Good idea.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I am so f*cking sorry your precious boys in tight uniforms are a little messed up while women die.

Newsflash. Women were dying before they put pink on the uniforms. Fundraising has not increased because of pink being on uniforms.

Can you prove that statement?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Edit: Nvm. If you want to focus on uniforms instead of the game for one month and make assumptions about the opinions of an entire gender, be my guest.

:drinker:
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    xV6K6.gif
    Scoot over and share!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    First up, I lost my mother to breast cancer last year. So you can be assured that I wanted, and still want, a cure.

But this awareness business is out of hand. It's become a way to companies (and yes, that includes the NFL) to exhibit their support for charity in the most visible way possible - and make more money as a result. When a charity is so over-the-top recognizable, it's going to vacuum up support from everything else. Does anyone really think so many businesses support breast cancer because it's truly an important issue to them, or is it because ischemic heart disease, lung cancer, stroke and lower respiratory diseases don't have such a recognizable logo and don't shift as much product?

Breast cancer is a topic that triggers an emotional response. Sufferers are someone's mother, someone's grandmother. But heart disease kills more people than all cancers combined*. Lung cancer kills nearly five times as many people, and 50% more women than breast cancer**. Yet funding is $13,000+ per death by breast cancer, compared to $1,600 per death by lung cancer***.

The focus on one highly emotional, highly visible disease is ridiculous, and of detriment to society as a whole.

*CDC leading cause of death final 2010 data
    **2013 Cancer Facts & Figures - American Cancer Society
    ***NCI funding figures, 2006
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the pink but Breast Cancer Awareness is a joke. If they wanted to aware people they should fly a blimp over the stadium with "NO CASEIN" or "GO PLANT BASED" plastered on it. That would be a great start but for some rea$on you don't hear the labcoats/suits talking about it.

All these neanderthals wearing pink and walking half marathons aren't doing jack **** but patting themselves on the back. It's not good enough today and it wasn't good enough eight years ago. Take control of your movement and stop getting pimped for your money every year.

LET'S GO BUFFALO! (AND JOSH GORDON TOO... GOT HIM ON MY FANTASY TEAM)
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I am so f*cking sorry your precious boys in tight uniforms are a little messed up while women die.

Newsflash. Women were dying before they put pink on the uniforms. Fundraising has not increased because of pink being on uniforms.

Can you prove that statement?

That women died of breast cancer before the NFL started the pink thing? Uh,,, yeah, I'll get that research to you right away.

:huh:

I really overestimated your level of common sense, my bad. Let me try that again.

Can you prove the statement, "Fundraising has not increased because of pink being on uniforms."
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Mr. Desimus Meridius, I don't know you. But to my recollection I generally find your posts amusing. This seems like an odd stance to take. Its has absolutely no effect on your life or the quality of the NFL.