Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    DOUBLE POST
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    What a completely tactless way to complain about something so trivial.
    \

At least I have the balls to say what the majority of people watching football on Sundays feel.

I watch football on Sundays. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother any of the other people I know that watch, either. Pretty sure your feelings are the minority, not the majority. Quit worrying about the uniforms and focus on the game.

You call that crap Harbaugh's putting out this year football?

surely you mean JOHN Harbaugh in which case no, I do not. go 9ers.
  • 2B230
    2B230 Posts: 24
    Options
    So someone states that don't like the pink on NFL uniforms. Last time I looked it was ok to have an opinion. I am a guy who does not like the pink on the uniforms either. Its just commercializing the NFL.

As far as where the money really goes anyway...don't get me started....:angry:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Edit: Nvm. If you want to focus on uniforms instead of the game for one month and make assumptions about the opinions of an entire gender, be my guest.

:drinker:

you were too slow with your edit. To answer your questions, yes, I think I'm better equipped to express the feelings of men than you are.

I don't really care if you think so. Which is why I decided to edit.

Have fun enjoying this Sunday's football game. I know I will. Keep your eye on that pink!
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I am so f*cking sorry your precious boys in tight uniforms are a little messed up while women die.

Newsflash. Women were dying before they put pink on the uniforms. Fundraising has not increased because of pink being on uniforms.

Can you prove that statement?

That women died of breast cancer before the NFL started the pink thing? Uh,,, yeah, I'll get that research to you right away.

:huh:

I really overestimated your level of common sense, my bad. Let me try that again.

Can you prove the statement, "Fundraising has not increased because of pink being on uniforms."

Yes.

Very informative. Thanks for your time.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Mr. Desimus Meridius, I don't know you. But to my recollection I generally find your posts amusing. This seems like an odd stance to take. Its has absolutely no effect on your life or the quality of the NFL.

Then you would be ok with your team going pink all the time, right?

I'm a bucs fan, so as long they don't wear those god awful creamsicle uni's they can do whatever the frack they want.

And yes, if they want to wear pink wristbands the whole year I don't care...If an mlb player wants to use a pink bat the whole year i don't care. I more find it unbelievable that players can't go outside of the strict uniform guidelines if they wanted to represent something else.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mke3twKJL21rsobi3o1_500.gif

Person with 41 posts calling others a troll. Nice.

Come back when you have some seasoning.

I am sorry my hilarious geeky-themed gif did not please his honor, Judge of the n00bz.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It also screws up the players, one time I saw a kicker miss two easy field goals with pink shoes, then on the third one he made it with a normal shoe.
  • ryry_
    Options
    So someone states that don't like the pink on NFL uniforms. Last time I looked it was ok to have an opinion. I am a guy who does not like the pink on the uniforms either. Its just commercializing the NFL.

As far as where the money really goes anyway...don't get me started....:angry:

Yes and people have an opinion on his opinion...And the thread title is all caps.

And yes, the NFL was very hip and underground and emo before breat cancer awareness came along and now its all commericial.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Wearing pink screws up a game played by a bunch of guys in tight pant who are notorious *kitten* slappers? I'm not seeing the logic. Are you that sensitive to the color pink?
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It also screws up the players, one time I saw a kicker miss two easy field goals with pink shoes, then on the third one he made it with a normal shoe.

I guess he couldn't THINK PINK! Get it? Get it? Cause...oh well...

sorry guys.
  • tj4gag
    tj4gag Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just so you know... in 2011 an Adweek/Harris poll had 55% of women in the US watching football. Seems to me "most" women are watching football.
  • tj4gag
    tj4gag Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just so you know... in 2011 an Adweek/Harris poll had 55% of women in the US watching football. Seems to me "most" women are watching football.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    First up, I lost my mother to breast cancer last year. So you can be assured that I wanted, and still want, a cure.

But this awareness business is out of hand. It's become a way to companies (and yes, that includes the NFL) to exhibit their support for charity in the most visible way possible - and make more money as a result. When a charity is so over-the-top recognizable, it's going to vacuum up support from everything else. Does anyone really think so many businesses support breast cancer because it's truly an important issue to them, or is it because ischemic heart disease, lung cancer, stroke and lower respiratory diseases don't have such a recognizable logo and don't shift as much product?

Breast cancer is a topic that triggers an emotional response. Sufferers are someone's mother, someone's grandmother. But heart disease kills more people than all cancers combined*. Lung cancer kills nearly five times as many people, and 50% more women than breast cancer**. Yet funding is $13,000+ per death by breast cancer, compared to $1,600 per death by lung cancer***.

The focus on one highly emotional, highly visible disease is ridiculous, and of detriment to society as a whole.

*CDC leading cause of death final 2010 data
    **2013 Cancer Facts & Figures - American Cancer Society
    ***NCI funding figures, 2006

February (love month) is heart awareness month
  • ryry_
    Options
    Mr. Desimus Meridius, I don't know you. But to my recollection I generally find your posts amusing. This seems like an odd stance to take. Its has absolutely no effect on your life or the quality of the NFL.

I'm a bucs fan, so as long they don't wear those god awful creamsicle uni's they can do whatever the frack they want.

And yes, if they want to wear pink wristbands the whole year I don't care...If an mlb player wants to use a pink bat the whole year i don't care. I more find it unbelievable that players can't go outside of the strict uniform guidelines if they wanted to represent something else.

No, I'm talking all pink. If pink doesn't bother you then you should be ok with them wearing solid pink. If not, then you hate boobies and you want women to die of breast cancer.

Which NFL teams will be wearing all solid pink for the entire month of October?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

No, I'm talking all pink. If pink doesn't bother you then you should be ok with them wearing solid pink. If not, then you hate boobies and you want women to die of breast cancer.
    Only men watch and support football, right? Only women get breast cancer, right?

hey make it about ALL CANCER and make it purple or blue for all I care, but really WTF does it have to do with gender as far as an opinion is concerned?(Men, we need to find some ball cancer cause to plaster all over a women's thing for an entire month.)That is just an ignorant statement all around.