Guns

Options

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Lately, they're now allowing these morons to carry concealed weapons into the local bars/pubs as long as they "promise not to drink." Then why go to the bar? *shrugs*
    Because you're the designated driver? I've managed to not shoot anybody for the 17 years I've been old enough to carry, which coincidentally is also the age at which I was old enough to drink.

I will pretend that you did not make the ad hominem attack, since it was not directed at anyone in particular. But in case you were not aware, it was a hasty statement that came across as offensive.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As some one pointed out to my mis typing...I meant hand gun it is ridiculous to think of some one walking around in public with a rifle unless they are hunting in an area that permits hunting and in my region you need a hunting license so it is kind of like a permit for the woods. Pardon my mis type.... I am human. :smile:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Well . HI

ETA I was talking about the dude you were talking about.

My apologies, sir. I am an idiot. Sorry about that.
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    Well . HI

ETA I was talking about the dude you were talking about.

My apologies, sir. I am an idiot. Sorry about that.

All good bro.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Oh, you mean places it's illegal to own guns still have gun violence? Holy CRAP...
    I am shocked and appalled, sir. Shocked and appalled, I say!
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I don't see that many who openly carry, but it does happen here in Ohio. I was putting gasoline in my car, and some octogenarian relic was wearing a .50 Action Express pistol (hand cannon) on him at the pump immediately next to me.

I guess he was pretty sure he'd be mauled by a Kodiak bear, or a moose at the Shell station. He chose it because it was "big and scary", but against people in the suburbs, it's just a stupid choice.

A lot more do carry concealed (with a permit) in our state, too. Lately, they're now allowing these morons to carry concealed weapons into the local bars/pubs as long as they "promise not to drink." Then why go to the bar? *shrugs*

Really ? a hand cannon? lmao some people just want attention.

My apologies, sir. I am an idiot.

*watching*
  • rmaynard310
    rmaynard310 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fact is, the more people that legally carry in a community, the less gun violence there is. MD has terribly restrictive gun laws, and now Baltimore is coming close to Detroit in murder rate.
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    I don't see that many who openly carry, but it does happen here in Ohio. I was putting gasoline in my car, and some octogenarian relic was wearing a .50 Action Express pistol (hand cannon) on him at the pump immediately next to me.

I guess he was pretty sure he'd be mauled by a Kodiak bear, or a moose at the Shell station. He chose it because it was "big and scary", but against people in the suburbs, it's just a stupid choice.

A lot more do carry concealed (with a permit) in our state, too. Lately, they're now allowing these morons to carry concealed weapons into the local bars/pubs as long as they "promise not to drink." Then why go to the bar? *shrugs*

*watching*

I'm naked
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    Fact is, the more people that legally carry in a community, the less gun violence there is. MD has terribly restrictive gun laws, and now Baltimore is coming close to Detroit in murder rate.

Chicago...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    if I was in Australia, I would be carrying like 5 guns with me all the time. Like everything in nature that wants to kill me walks there like VD walks around a prostitute.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wasn't Baltimore the muder capital (or close to it) in the 1990s?
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    i own guns and i open carry. But i can conceal carry in alaska as well.

but in Alaska you never hear of houses getting broken into or anything like that. Because everyone knows the homeowner owns guns. I normally only carry when i go hiking or hunting otherwise its home protection.

Shooot.... you are the guy that I sought out when I went fishing.. you find the guy with the bigger handgun (or shotgun) to stand next too while king fishing.. none of that 9mm pansy stuff, that'll just bounce off the bears skull and make him mad.. LOL

@OP
    and don't worry about maryland, that's becoming california east coast... took over 5 months to buy one and that's BEFORE the new law kicked in. They won't be happy until only the criminals have weapons and the cops are so overburdened that they can't keep up.. everyone will get to hug a tree...while they're being mugged.... but I digress.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    if I was in Australia, I would be carrying like 5 guns with me all the time. Like everything in nature that wants to kill me walks there like VD walks around a prostitute.
    Exactly! Mother Nature in Australia is almost as harsh as she is in Texas!!
  • sarantonio
    Options

*watching*

I'm naked

*watching with only one eye*
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    two weekends ago, i passed by a guy walking with his girlfriend/wife at the mall and he had a holstered 9mm in open view. he did not look like an off-duty cop to me either. it didn't bother me at all. we have open carry here in El Paso county. :)
    Brainy, if I ever get out that far west, I'm gonna visit you. And I'll wear a hogleg!
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    God how I wish I lived in TX or PA.....
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Does PA have good reciprocity too?
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    Yes they do, but you must apply for their CCP first. Before applying for UTAH or FL
  • sarantonio
    Options

Come on in, the water's just fine!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I like Florida