Guns

Options

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    two weekends ago, i passed by a guy walking with his girlfriend/wife at the mall and he had a holstered 9mm in open view. he did not look like an off-duty cop to me either. it didn't bother me at all. we have open carry here in El Paso county. :)
    Brainy, if I ever get out that far west, I'm gonna visit you. And I'll wear a hogleg!

you should see the new public gun range El Paso County opened up. i've been meaning to get down there one of these days... not only open to the public, but the local military (Fort Carson, Cheyenne Mountain, etc.) uses it as well.

http://www.cheyennemountainshootingcomplex.com/

right-click "view image" to see whole picture

Range_Map.jpg
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    God how I wish I lived in TX or PA.....

Come on in, the water's just fine!

No you will stalk me.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    if I was in Australia, I would be carrying like 5 guns with me all the time. Like everything in nature that wants to kill me walks there like VD walks around a prostitute.

You fruitcake! I'm still alive. I am worried though. Going camping right next to a river soon and it would be a very bad idea to skinny dip in it at midnight since there could be crocs.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I like Florida
    I had that one 15 years ago but let it lapse when I moved back to TX.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    God how I wish I lived in TX or PA.....

Come on in, the water's just fine!

No you will stalk me.

Like you wouldn't like it
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    if I was in Australia, I would be carrying like 5 guns with me all the time. Like everything in nature that wants to kill me walks there like VD walks around a prostitute.

You fruitcake! I'm still alive. I am worried though. Going camping right next to a river soon and it would be a very bad idea to skinny dip in it at midnight since there could be crocs.

I watch far too much Disney Channel. As I read that, I heard Maia Mitchell's voice. LOL!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    you should see the new public gun range El Paso County opened up. i've been meaning to get down there one of these days... not only open to the public, but the local military (Fort Carson, Cheyenne Mountain, etc.) uses it as well.

http://www.cheyennemountainshootingcomplex.com/

right-click "view image" to see whole picture

Range_Map.jpg
    Do they have full auto? I really wish I'd have taken advantage of that place near Orlando while I lived in FL!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    At the range or in their back yards shooting normally, as a law abiding gun owner, all i can say is you need to be more worried abt the people that dont follow the law.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    At the range or in their back yards shooting normally, as a law abiding gun owner, all i can say is you need to be more worried abt the people that dont follow the law.
    You mean criminals ignore all the laws? This is madness, I tell you!!
  • Nothing wrong with guns.

<--happy owner
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Some states you can't carry, concealed or not. But you would be surprised at how many CCPs /CCW owners there are....I would not open carry since I have my CCW permit..but you woulndn't know I would be carrying. That doesn't mean that you should be afraid, you should be aware and have SA of all your surroundings. Have a great day.

someone with a concealed carry licence doesn't scare me at all, but I'm from Texas and know all the checks you had to go through to get that licence (regardless of what state you're in, Texas just happens to be a state with a lot of concealed carry people).

I'd actually like to see a breakdown of crimes committed by those who have that license vs. citizens who don't. Probably pretty shocking.
    That lovely newspaper in NY published every legal gunowner's address in the state so start there!

I'd be seriously ticked. The newspaper here has a database by street, which is only slightly better.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!!! You are alive! Just like our perception here is that in Australia every step you take might be your last because a 20ft Saltie will eat you, or some freaky poisonous spider the size of a dinner plate will attach itself to your face vis a vis Alien, your perception is that it's the wild wild west here and everyone has a gun and will shoot you down at high noon. It's ingrained in our culture, and responsible gun owners are no threat to you. Neither perceptions are correct.
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The city I used to live in (Kennesaw, GA) has a law (read: mandatory) that every household that is able to must own and maintain a firearm. I think this was a leftover from the Civil War. The city does have a VERY low crime rate.

My husband and I both carry (occupational necessity).
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    We do not need a permit to open carry a handgun in Colorado. Or to own one. Hubby and I both have our concealed weapon permits and do. Nothing to be afraid of!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    EXACTLY!!! You are alive! Just like our perception here is that in Australia every step you take might be your last because a 20ft Saltie will eat you, or some freaky poisonous spider the size of a dinner plate will attach itself to your face vis a vis Alien, your perception is that it's the wild wild west here and everyone has a gun and will shoot you down at high noon. It's ingrained in our culture, and responsible gun owners are no threat to you. Neither perceptions are correct.
    Beautifully said.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Some states you can't carry, concealed or not. But you would be surprised at how many CCPs /CCW owners there are....I would not open carry since I have my CCW permit..but you woulndn't know I would be carrying. That doesn't mean that you should be afraid, you should be aware and have SA of all your surroundings. Have a great day.

someone with a concealed carry licence doesn't scare me at all, but I'm from Texas and know all the checks you had to go through to get that licence (regardless of what state you're in, Texas just happens to be a state with a lot of concealed carry people).

I'd actually like to see a breakdown of crimes committed by those who have that license vs. citizens who don't. Probably pretty shocking.
    That lovely newspaper in NY published every legal gunowner's address in the state so start there!

I'd be seriously ticked. The newspaper here has a database by street, which is only slightly better.

NY is very safe though. No one gets drug out of their cars and beaten by biker gangs or anything because the cops are everywhere . . .
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    what do you have against showing off guns?

hJjoNdz.jpg?1

**drool**

Why do you think he's on my friends list? Hot!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I'm from GA.

Some of us still go out and hunt for our food. We get licenses, permits,and background checks are given on those that purchase hand guns now. At least, it was on me when I recently purchased my husband a new glock.

I was raised around shot guns, my husband was a cop, our first date was on a firing range- there's nothing to fear about them or think they are scary unless you are unfamiliar with them OR have had a bad personal experience.

Just my .02.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Why does every Australian carry a didgeridoo? I couldn't handle the thought that anyone walking down the street has a didgeridoo on them. How do you handle it? Surely it is frightening. Turns me off going there for a holiday.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

NY is very safe though. No one gets drug out of their cars and beaten by biker gangs or anything because the cops are everywhere . . .
    I see what you did there.. :laugh: