Dear Men:

Options
mthr2
mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
Please respect the personal space and humanness of the women out in the world. If you are angry or frustrated about something (as in customer service situations), please keep your distance and watch your approach. The world may be a bit of better place because you did.

We as women instinctively know that you could harm us, so when you get close to us and act aggressively, some of us become intimidated. Others of us must consciously refrain from kicking your *kitten*.

Because I feel some of your mothers may have failed to emphasize this in your gentlemanliness training (as evidenced in my life and not these forums), I would just like to say: When you are angry and you think you are justified, Back off. Chivalry is not dead unless you kill it.

This has been a public service announcement. Thank you.

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    this is coming off as a bit sexist.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    This will not end well. Get out while you still can, OP.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

You mean implying that women are not guilty of this same sort of behavior and worse?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    U mad bro?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    This will not end well. Get out while you still can, OP.

uhhh yeah... they only let you edit your post for so long so my advice is redact it. unless you enjoy spinoff threads and sarcastic comments, in which case leave it.
  • TheSlorax
    Options

You mean implying that women are not guilty of this same sort of behavior and worse?

I worked in retail for a year and a half and trust me, for the most part women act MUCH worse than men when things don't go their way.
  • whierd
    Options

I worked in retail for a year and a half and trust me, for the most part women act MUCH worse than men when things don't go their way.

Oh I have been there. I've rarely dealt with more than a bit of chest puffing with men.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    **Braces for the inevitable "dear women" thread**
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Please respect the personal space and humanness of the women out in the world. If you are angry or frustrated about something (as in customer service situations), please keep your distance and watch your approach. The world may be a bit of better place because you did.

We as women instinctively know that you could harm us, so when you get close to us and act aggressively, some of us become intimidated. Others of us must consciously refrain from kicking your *kitten*.

Because I feel some of your mothers may have failed to emphasize this in your gentlemanliness training (as evidenced in my life and not these forums), I would just like to say: When you are angry and you think you are justified, Back the F off. Chivalry is not dead unless you kill it.

I dislike how you feel that this should only be said to men. Women can be just as negative and catty because overall, we are individuals.

I also disagree because people are who they are. Just because their approach doesn't fit with how you see fit to be, doesn't give you the right to tell them how to live. People deal with things as they will. it may need work, but that's up to them to decide.

And please don't talk on behalf of "us women"....we can say what's on our own minds just fine.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Dear Women:

Stop blaming your insecurities on men. They are not wild animals. You are making us tough chicks look bad.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Because I feel some of your mothers may have failed to emphasize this in your gentlemanliness training (as evidenced in my life and not these forums), I would just like to say: When you are angry and you think you are justified, Back the F off. Chivalry is not dead unless you kill it.

Issues?
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    WTF? HOW DARE YOU!!!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    This isn't 932 AD. Good riddance chivalry.
  • whierd
    Options
    Dear Women:

Stop blaming your insecurities on men. They are not wild animals. You are making us tough chicks look bad.

You're not tough unless you're willing to sword fight. Come at me!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

THIS. I've been a manager for Circuit City and Toys R Us and have had many challenging confrontations from female customers. Men too, but since more females tend to hold the money in the family, that was my experience from several years in retail.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Girls don't play WoW.

Oh, wait, sorry, had a flashback to my gaming forum days. Carry on.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Dear Women:

At least I can choose my sword :tongue: :laugh:
  • whierd
    Options
    Dear Women:

At least I can choose my sword :tongue: :laugh:

Naughty Joylia! *spank*
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    i guess this could be "chit chat"?

cause it's certainly not fun or games...
  • TheSlorax
    Options

THIS. I've been a manager for Circuit City and Toys R Us and have had many challenging confrontations from female customers. Men too, but since more females tend to hold the money in the family, that was my experience from several years in retail.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I worked at ULTA for a year and a half. them womens love their coupons. unfortunately they NEVER read the fine print. at least men know when they can and can't use a discount.
This discussion has been closed.