Dear Men:

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Because I feel some of your mothers may have failed to emphasize this in your gentlemanliness training

Don't talk about my moms yo.

Apparently some lady training was also missed.
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am assuming OP you said imitated and not intimidated right? If it was imitation, women are no less at this *****ing behind the back business. Intimidation would cause me to understand why you feel so hurt, but then I would have to ask you if you got help for the old lady!

Intimidated. Yes I got him away from her. He was just a jerk.

I am sorry for hurting all the fella's feelings and "getting up in their cyber faces" muscley man #3 aka Carl.

Yes, I learned something, muscley man #2 aka beach iron....that apparently everyone thinks a man aggressively breaching the personal space of a woman feels the same way as the reversed would feel to the victim. I disagree.

Mr. Whatever you name is, I seem entitled to what, exactly? Calling me an asshat makes me think you may have gotten up in a female face or two in your day.

You guys are really cute over all. Thanks for all the discussion. :-)

Sorry I don't have a response to you, muscle arm guy aka shutup. Keep posting though. Your posts are very interesting and intelligent.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Room full of people tell her she's out of line?
    Doubles down.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am assuming OP you said imitated and not intimidated right? If it was imitation, women are no less at this *****ing behind the back business. Intimidation would cause me to understand why you feel so hurt, but then I would have to ask you if you got help for the old lady!

I am sorry for hurting all the fella's feelings and "getting up in their cyber faces" muscley man #3 aka Carl.

Yes, I learned something, muscley man #2 aka beach iron....that apparently everyone thinks a man aggressively breaching the personal space of a woman feels the same way as the reversed would feel to the victim. I disagree.

Mr. Whatever you name is, I seem entitled to what, exactly? Calling me an asshat makes me think you may have gotten up in a female face or two in your day.

Sorry I don't have a response to you, muscle arm guy aka shutup. Keep posting though. Your posts are very interesting and intelligent.

Your apology doesn't sound very sincere. In fact, you sound kind of sarcastic and angry. The people on this site did nothing to your colleague, so I'm not sure why you felt a group admonishment was necessary.
  • BeachIron
    Options

No. You seem to continue to miss the point. No one here has defended the guy who clearly acted like an *kitten*. You, however, decided to call out every man alive for this one guy's actions. Then you mention gentlemanly behavior. This picture, however, has already been painted for you and you've already failed to understand. Please do continue with your shrill ranting. I wish I could say that it is cute, but it's not. Pathetic is probably the better word.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Keep digging the hole deeper :laugh:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i carry halves of grapefruit around with me wherever i go in case i need to rub it in a woman's face if she acts up.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Please respect the personal space and humanness of the women out in the world. If you are angry or frustrated about something (as in customer service situations), please keep your distance and watch your approach. The world may be a bit of better place because you did.

We as women instinctively know that you could harm us, so when you get close to us and act aggressively, some of us become intimidated. Others of us must consciously refrain from kicking your *kitten*.

Because I feel some of your mothers may have failed to emphasize this in your gentlemanliness training (as evidenced in my life and not these forums), I would just like to say: When you are angry and you think you are justified, Back off. Chivalry is not dead unless you kill it.

This has been a public service announcement. Thank you.

/agree
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    i carry halves of grapefruit around with me wherever i go in case i need to rub it in a woman's face if she acts up.

Little do you know that it's a good astringent. You have been accidentally helping us ALL ALONG.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I'm going to go against the grain here and actually agree with the OP. I've had women in my face and men in my face.

A man in my face is far more intimidating then having a woman in my face. Just the facts personally for me. Do I have issues with men in my space, yup. Are my issues bigger with men in my space then they are with women in my space, yup. Do I think this is true of everyone? No.

And a side note....I own all my issues. It's me, not all men. :flowerforyou:

OP: To each their own on their opinions. Don't get mad because people disagree.
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah....and I am changing the title to

Dear more physically imposing humans that may forget that you are more physically imposing:

All better? I seriously did not mean to imply that men are more likely than women to be rude *kitten* in public or anything like that.

I just meant that when some *kitten* does this and that person is a man doing it to a woman, it can have a special level of primal flight or fight attached to it. That is all.

It is OK if you disagree with me. I apologize for being inflammatory to the point of people getting their feelings hurt. Of course, maybe I can now become the MFP super villain I always dreamed of becoming.

Cheers!
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Don't worry, OP. there are plenty of permanent victims on MFP. You will eventually find friends with whom you can share a good cry.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I agree, men have an obligation to behave in a polite and respectful manner when interacting with a woman; especially one that he is unfamiliar with and is unsure how she will perceive him.
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    OP loving this! We all feeding into it. Lol! Well played OP.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This is really stupid.

Just saying.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I agree, people have an obligation to behave in a polite and respectful manner when interacting with another person; especially one that he or she is unfamiliar with and is unsure how he or she will perceive him.

FIFY. It isn't okay for anyone to physically intimidate anyone else.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I agree, people have an obligation to behave in a polite and respectful manner when interacting with another person; especially one that he or she is unfamiliar with and is unsure how he or she will perceive him.

^^^TRUTH
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Now just in retail, I would rather work with all men than women at my job. Especially with the military. The higher ranking women in my office are constantly on a power trip.

I am in the military and unfortunately most of us "power trip" women act the way that we do because we have to deal with men that feel that we don't belong there. Comes with the territory at times, but that's not just women in the military because the men do it too. I have seen more "power trip" men than women.
  • BeachIron
    Options

^^^TRUTH

I'm curious as to whether the OP will understand this
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    A little context (at the beginning) may have given this thread hope, however, the sweeping generalizations absent a reference point gave it little hope.
This discussion has been closed.