Dear Men:

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Please respect the personal space and humanness of the women out in the world. If you are angry or frustrated about something (as in customer service situations), please keep your distance and watch your approach. The world may be a bit of better place because you did.

We as women instinctively know that you could harm us, so when you get close to us and act aggressively, some of us become intimidated. Others of us must consciously refrain from kicking your *kitten*.

Because I feel some of your mothers may have failed to emphasize this in your gentlemanliness training (as evidenced in my life and not these forums), I would just like to say: When you are angry and you think you are justified, Back the F off. Chivalry is not dead unless you kill it.

This has been a public service announcement. Thank you.

So now that you've ground your axe and flung it at all the guys here... what is the anticipated backlash?

do you not think they've got anything to complain about in life? Do you want them all to start?

Don't poke the tiger woman. leave it asleep.

Reminded me of this:

http://judgyb itch.com/2013/09/17/what-would-happen-if-no-men-showed-up-for-work-today/

(You'll have to kill the unnecesary space in the URL for it to work.)

Came in this thread to post something sarcastic or funny, but ended up on that website for an hour reading articles. Very interesting to say the least, thanks for the link.
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Now i understand how groupthink and mob mentality begins. Jeesh.

Yes, most men I deal with are just lovely. Yes, many women out there are horrible creatures.

I honestly thought my post was a little funny and I thought a few men may even respond with, "yeah, not cool to get up in a woman's space"...or something like that.

I do enjoy the gifs and notoriety, so thank you for that.

Just for background's sake: I don't work in customer service per se. I work in accounting and a younger man physically imitated an older female employee of mine yesterday and I found it upsetting. I wanted to tell him that I thought his mother did a poor job of raising him. I thought of my own sons and thought of how upsetting it would be if they grew up to behave that way.

I thought this would be an interesting place to extend that parental teaching, in case there was a guy or two out there that may not know to keep his distance from a lady.

I was right about it being interesting.

Thank you all for your responses. I like how the popular opinions are shared over and over and over and over and over.....with gifs! Love you mean it.

Sincerely,
    Extremely Sexist Me

P.S. In case I wasn't clear. It is STILL REALLY UNCOOL for a man to get up in a woman's face. If you think that is wrong, maybe you actually needed to read my very unpopular/popular (however you want to look at it) post. You're welcome.

edited for spelling
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Yes, most men I deal with are just lovely. Yes, many women out there are horrible creatures.

I honestly thought my post was a little funny and I thought a few men may even respond with, "yeah, not cool to get up in a woman's space"...or something like that.

Just for background's sake: I don't work in customer service per se. I work in accounting and a younger man physically imitated an older female employee of mine yesterday and I found it upsetting. I wanted to tell him that I thought his mother did a poor job of raising him. I thought of my own sons and thought of how upsetting it would be if they grew up to behave that way.

I thought this would be an interesting place to extend that parental teaching, in case there was a guy or two out there that may not know to keep his distance from a lady.

Thank you all for your responses. I like how the popular opinions are shared over and over and over and over and over.....with gifs! Love you mean it.

Sincerely,
    Extremely Sexist Me

P.S. In case I wasn't clear. It is STILL REALLY UNCOOL for a man to get up in a woman's face. If you think that is wrong, maybe you actually needed to read my very unpopular/popular (however you want to look at it) post. You're welcome.

edited for spelling

Oh you're right, it was hilarious! Plus this was sooo the right venue for such a rant, folks here truly appreciate it. GoodWe thank you for sharing such compelling and informative news. Good job! I applaud you. :) Time to troll.........
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's uncool for anyone to get up in anyone's face. No need to target a particular gender. I'm sorry that happened to your colleague, though, and I hope she's okay.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Intimidation is intimidation, shouldn't be because of gender... I'm glad the guy wasn't black because he would've had a double whammy situation.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Dear Men,

I have no complaints. Thank you for treating me like the queen that I am.
  • ShutupndMovee257
    Options
    Dear Men,

I have no complaints. Thank you for treating me like the queen that I am.

You're welcome!

(See OP? It's not hard!)

Thank you women for being just as wonderful to me! :)
    Loving all the love in this place! Much better. :)
  • ShutupndMovee257
    Options
    It's uncool for anyone to get up in anyone's face. No need to target a particular gender. I'm sorry that happened to your colleague, though, and I hope she's okay.

^This! "Anyone"... :)
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Seems like your problem is not with men but with yourself, you sound like an entitled asshat.
  • drgmac
    Options
    Exactly, get over it. Man up. Oh, sorry, was that harsh?
  • ShutupndMovee257
    Options
    Exactly, get over it. Man up. Oh, sorry, was that harsh?

You're pretty cool! If all women were that chill. :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Sincerely,
    Extremely Sexist Me

edited for spelling

So you learned basically nothing and continue to blame others for the reaction to your sexist post. You do seem rather emotional and shrill.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am assuming OP you said imitated and not intimidated right? If it was imitation, women are no less at this *****ing behind the back business. Intimidation would cause me to understand why you feel so hurt, but then I would have to ask you if you got help for the old lady!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Sincerely,
    Extremely Sexist Me

edited for spelling

You post a vague,broad brush attack on men with no background info and then have the gall to get pissy over the reaction it deserved?
    Seriously...think about it,you are hardly better then what you are enraged about as you try to cyberly get in everyone's face.
  • drgmac
    Options
    The world is full of all kinds of people. Regardless, I believe in seeing the good in people and modeling dignity and grace when dealing with contentious situations, I have been dealing with "the public" for 25 years and for the most part if you keep your head about you and see the humor in adverse situations, things tend to go a lot better. If you can't see these issues as learning situations and how to grow from them, then might I suggest a nice therapist who can help with these issues.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Physically imitated or intimidated? Because if there is an employee physically threatening another employee, then your employer should take action. If the woman quits, depending on the circumstances, it could be viewed as a constructive termination.

But yes, you throwing this out to all men, lecturing 50% of the world for their inability to control their aggression was a poor choice. Sometimes, when everyone says you said something insulting and sexist, it's not mob mentality. You just said something clearly insulting and sexist.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Said every person who was wrong, ever..........it's everyone elses fault, right?
    I'm right and everyone is wrong so I'll use words like groupthink ,mob mentality , surprised I didn't see the word sheep.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Because I feel some of your mothers may have failed to emphasize this in your gentlemanliness training

Don't talk about my moms yo.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad day.

But then, as a man, I'm sorry in an overtly threatening manner. I'm sorry, it's just my nature.
    ohai
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This is a health and fitness site not a social sight forpeople with issues that are not related to our purpose. I am tempted to make remarks but wont'
    Just take part in the site and YOUR issues will disappear

Basil
This discussion has been closed.