Miley Cyrus...

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Gross. She looks like a child to me. A child trying WAY too hard to be one of the grown-ups.

oh the irony...
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    I think she is trying WAY too hard and should concentrate on having some actual talent. It has all been done before which is kind of the point. totally OLD totally lacking in subtlety and definitely not art.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    I think it's ridiculous the way people are freaking out. She's not doing anything Madonna Kesha gaga ect haven't done but some how people lose their **** when she does it. Madonna simulated *kitten* on stage and made out with Britney ... Totally cool... Gaga wears a meat dress and imitates people with disabilities in one of her videos.. Totally cool. Miley tweerks and sticks her tounge out everyone freaks. It's kinda funny

She is the victim of the Disney success. Happened with Britney Spears too. Young performers gather a huge following from being a successful Disney star, so when they try to move on they expect that level of success to follow them in anything they do. Sadly, they are still perceived as what they became famous for, and instead of embracing it and gradually breaking away ( like Harry Potter), they try to go to extremes by doing things to distance themselves from the brand that made them famous.

Hopefully, she doesn't flip out as bad as Amanda Bynes.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    I think it's ridiculous the way people are freaking out. She's not doing anything Madonna Kesha gaga ect haven't done but some how people lose their **** when she does it. Madonna simulated *kitten* on stage and made out with Britney ... Totally cool... Gaga wears a meat dress and imitates people with disabilities in one of her videos.. Totally cool. Miley tweerks and sticks her tounge out everyone freaks. It's kinda funny

She is the victim of the Disney success. Happened with Britney Spears too. Young performers gather a huge following from being a successful Disney star, so when they try to move on they expect that level of success to follow them in anything they do. Sadly, they are still perceived as what they became famous for, and instead of embracing it and gradually breaking away ( like Harry Potter), they try to go to extremes by doing things to distance themselves from the brand that made them famous.

Remember when we thought Britney was a mess.

I miss those good old days.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Gross. She looks like a child to me. A child trying WAY too hard to be one of the grown-ups.

oh the irony...

I'm not trying to do anything, if you're taking shots at how I look. I was playing around with makeup and decided to take a pic with my beautiful forever-baby cat. I see Miley in almost the same way one would view a toddler who puts on their parent's clothes and shoes. She's doing what she THINKS adults do and is doing it to the extreme and for attention. I don't dress and look the way I do because I want attention.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    The only thing I'm not crazy about it that she's all proud that she does drugs and isn't hiding it. :huh:

Yes. Secret drug use is always the healthier option.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    disgusted2.gif

Haha! Ditto.
  • QuietBloom
    Well I think she's beautiful!

Oh what do you know, you're just an otter!!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member

We call that mental illness. Thanks for being such a great mental health advocate. Cheers.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Who?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member

Remember when we thought Britney was a mess.

I miss those good old days.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15120-1363359285-0.gif

I think she was Tame compared to Miley IMO
  • QuietBloom

oh the irony...

:huh: Totally unnecessary IMO.
  • QuietBloom

We call that mental illness. Thanks for being such a great mental health advocate. Cheers.

Did you see Miley's tweets taunting Sinead in regards to her mental health?

Remind me if you are a fan of Miley's or not.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member

oh the irony...

:huh: Totally unnecessary IMO.

Well, I guess I open myself for childish insults by posting my own pics on my profile, especially if I have an opinion that others don't agree with. C'est la vie!
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    For some strange reason I kind of like her.

Likewise.

I would smash Miley. There, I said it.
  • Personally, I think people are being way to judgmental and harsh towards Miley. She's an adult, she's legal, just leave her alone. Is she hurting you? No. Just shut up, you all sound like catty highschool girls the way you go on about her.

On a side note, if I had her body, I'd never want to wear clothes again...
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I love her and I don't care who knows it! :drinker:
  • QuietBloom
    Personally, I think people are being way to judgmental and harsh towards Miley. She's an adult, she's legal, just leave her alone. Is she hurting you? No. Just shut up, you all sound like catty highschool girls the way you go on about her.

Yes, she is an adult. But she is being self destructive by selling herself like she is. I like to call women out who encourage men to view us as objects.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Personally, I think people are being way to judgmental and harsh towards Miley. She's an adult, she's legal, just leave her alone. Is she hurting you? No. Just shut up, you all sound like catty highschool girls the way you go on about her.

Yes, she is an adult. But she is being self destructive by selling herself like she is. I like to call women out who encourage men to view us as objects.

Says the woman showing plenty of skin in her pictures...
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    I'm a fan.