In.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • SaraAxm
    SaraAxm Posts: 30
    Options
    I do not agree to most parts of this article. I'm one of those who can't have "just one bite that may or may not fit into my macro" and I hate people that love bashing other people for "lacking self control" and saying things like "a well rounded diet consisting of everything works for everyone".

I've never been fat, hell, I've never even been over-weight - and even though I today can eat carbs with moderation there was i time i couldn't. A time where eating carbs led me into a vicious binging/purging cycle that seemed to have no end. and yes - I'm feeling absolutely comfortable "blaming" the carbs for this. because they have never given me the same satisfaction and "without hunger feeling" that I've gotten from fats and proteins. Before, carbs just wanted me to eat more - despite being full.

And speaking of how many that have successfully lost weight on a low-carb diet i know I'm not alone with these feelings.

So people saying "everything is okay in moderation" just speaks for themselves-
  • smallsadsam
    smallsadsam Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I want to read this later!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bump for later. Thanks!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    That was worth every minute it took me to read it, thanks :)
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Me and sugar get along great, we are evil buddies looking to take over the world.

evilsugar2.jpg
  • The_Enginerd
    Options
    I do not agree to most parts of this article. I'm one of those who can't have "just one bite that may or may not fit into my macro" and I hate people that love bashing other people for "lacking self control" and saying things like "a well rounded diet consisting of everything works for everyone".

I've never been fat, hell, I've never even been over-weight - and even though I today can eat carbs with moderation there was i time i couldn't. A time where eating carbs led me into a vicious binging/purging cycle that seemed to have no end. and yes - I'm feeling absolutely comfortable "blaming" the carbs for this. because they have never given me the same satisfaction and "without hunger feeling" that I've gotten from fats and proteins. Before, carbs just wanted me to eat more - despite being full.

And speaking of how many that have successfully lost weight on a low-carb diet i know I'm not alone with these feelings.

Umm... did you even read the article?
  • teesfood
    Options
    Oh yeah, this... is epic =)
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • teesfood
    Options
    LMAO @ the big box of sugar and the thought of it taking over the world... teeeeehehehehehe
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    powdered sugar is the best... on donuts or just out of the bag! :drinker:

missingdonut.jpg

FShBSG7.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

so you learned moderation...but moderation is impossible to learn?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, another article telling me how much I need added sugar. :yawn:
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Like Sara quoted here, i am not overweight----but i do believe SUGAR is 100% to be avoided by most people for the most obvious reasons, it has no nutrients and it controls them more than they control it.
    With all respect to the OP and to Joy ( author of the link ) , i just fon't what works for me can work for everyone. For many, sugar sets up a cycle of craving they can't handle.

Why is so much sugar in all processed food? Why are we consuming 20 or more teaspoons of sugar every day w/o choosing to do so? Personally, after much reading, i'm pretty sure we dhould only consume naturally occuring sugar, such as in fruit.....????????????????

Not due solely to sugar but we know Obesity is occuring in epidemic proportions
    sugar is as hard a habit to walk away from as any other addictive substance.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

priceless
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information! I am not much of a sweet freak. I think the occasional dark chocolate or yogurt ice cream or fruit is enough to fill my sweetness cravings :D
  • The_Enginerd
    Options
    It doesn't say that AT ALL...

tldr.jpg
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later.