FWB ignored me at bar ...

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I'm not saying that I hate him , he's the worst guy ever ... just wanted to make it clear to him it's NOT okay for him to treat me like he never knew me and disrespect me when out in public like that! I've always treated him w/ respect, been honest & upfront w/ him over the two years and just b/c we weren't in a committed relationship I'm not gonna allow him to think he's not gonna be called out on those kinds of actions. I don't stalk him, I don't bug him w/ texts or calls or write him scary letters... I don't think that me ending it for my reason(s) and still wanting him to respect me is so bad or wrong!

He doesn't respect you. And you are in no position to try to make him respect you now. Trying to call him out on not respecting you is not going to earn you any respect. This goes along with the part where he isn't your friend. The best thing you can do now is have some respect for yourself and move on.
  • sepulchura
    sepulchura Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    To the original poster: please use paragraphs and more punctuation. It's hard to really get the "narrative of you" when the communication isn't separated with mental pauses and dynamic stresses.

1) I have never heard of a guy who had a friend with benefits ever wanting it to go further. I'm not saying it has never happened, but I have never heard of it.

2) I have never heard of a girl who had a friend with benefits NOT wanting it (sooner or later) to progress to the next level.

I'm a "sensitive pirate" so prior to being happily married, I only became intimate with women who I thought I might become committed to further. Because of my experiences detailed in 1) and 2) above.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    How is this topic still going!? Nice job OP!

Thx! Is this unusual on this site ... LOL!

I'm amazed definitely :)

It's crazy because it really seems like most responders are not only reading this entire 'mantle-crushing' message (I admit it. . I did!). but they are buying it!. .
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Stop, just stop. Leave the guy alone. This was painful for me to read because I'm embarrassed for you. Don't contact him to let him know how he disrespected you and how you would never disrespect him and blah blah blah. He doesn't care. Move on. Find someone else who does care. Please.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

It's crazy because it really seems like most responders are not only reading this entire 'mantle-crushing' message (I admit it. . I did!). but they are buying it!. .

Sadly, there are way too many 30 something women with this same lack of common sense, therefore I completely buy it.
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    Sadly, there are way too many 30 something women with this same lack of common sense, therefore I completely buy it.
    Want to be friends? 0=)
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    FWB is a scary thing... Someone always ends up with feelings and the other one feels screwed... Don't have FWB unless you know you can handle them being with someone else if it happens.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I want that portion of my life back that it took me to read this. I can' t believe this thread is still alive...(I saw it yesterday--but resisted temptation).

Embarrassed for OP. SMH....I mean....seriously.....when you ended it.....if you didn't expect him to come "running back"....why do you give a RIP whether he acknowledges you...doesn't acknowledge you.....and why does it make a difference.

And....the person that posts FWB guys---don't want it to progress vs. FWB girls---usually do want it to progress...you hit the nail on the head.

GIRLS--- THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO FIND YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER. FWB are JUST THAT FWB...not Happily Ever After (although admittedly it can start with Once Upon a Time).

I'm going to go try to blow the memory of this thread out of my mind.
  • sabrinar1982
    sabrinar1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    To quote one of my favorite movies He's just not that in to you "If a guy treats you like he doesn't give a sh**, he genuinly doesn't give a sh**!"
  • jcmrax5
    jcmrax5 Posts: 133
    Options
    he made it clear you were just a piece of *kitten* to him.
    you were a jerk and said you wanted nothing to do with him.
    you now are pissed because he didnt stop and talk?

move on. grow up. and gain some self respect while you have the chance.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Cameron_1969, thanks for encouraging the OP. jut what she needs. not.

OP, with every comment you post about the past, you choose to get sucked into the VORTEX all over again.
    You can not change him. You can not change the past.
    You can only change YOU and your thoughts and your actions.

OP, what are you CHOOSING to do with your new life now ? how about focus on something positive in the future ?
    or sadly, you will once again gravity to unhealthy relationships.
    aka wash. rinse. repeat.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Options
    FOR THE LUVVVVVVVVVVVV OF CAULIFLOWER STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP THIS

THIS IS CRUELLLLLLLLLLL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cauliflower.jpg

I LUV Cauliflower, too !! Let's be friends.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Options
    Oh, noooooo Mr. Bill.
    We're getting sucked into the VORTEX. when will it ever stoppppp ?

vortex.jpg
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Options
    cauliflower-pizza-crust-pizza.jpg

Who has a good recipe for cauliflower pizza crust ? please share :) thanks.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Options
    Duck+Bar1.jpg

A duck walks into a bar and says.....
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Duck+Bar1.jpg

A duck walks into a bar and says.....

AFLAC! :tongue:
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't see why this guy is a jerk . . .

He's in a non-committed relationship. He had a date with another woman. He gets a call from his FWB saying she is "ending all knowing he can just push me aside after 2years." He apologizes (I guess for taking his date to that specific location???). He doesn't call the woman who ended it with him.

Yeah, this guy sounds terrible.

I would have to agree with you here, the guy could have been leading her on in which case that would make him a jerk; however he told her multiple times that he did not want to be in a commited relationship with her...therefore the fact that she continued to let him use her for sex is her on doing. If she felt more she should have ended it right there and then. And if a girl ends things, why would he call her back or say hi? I wouldnt. Sounds like she needs to date more and gain some experience
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    j3mA075.gif