Join me! Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid starts today!!!

Options

Replies

• momistiny
    Options
    Hi Deb ~

Thanks for responding to my post. Since I've been out of the exercise workout programs since May due to dangerously low irons causing my heart to go out of control due to low oxygen levels. I've learned that nutrition is a VERY big part of our lifes and starving ourselves to reach our goals is a big NO NO. My Levels are rising slowly and my doctor said it was okay to exercise but begin slowly to see how I react.

Since I'm be cautious I'm going to start with the TurboFire Prep schedule. I think I will continue with the entire 9 weeks of the program then start with the hybrid Turbofire/Chalean extreme with a mix in there of the Brazillian Butt lift. Has anyone done this program. I do not have it yet but really thinking about getting it. Any feed back is much appreciated.

So wish me luck today I'm going to do Fire 30 class and Stretch 10. I am scared, nervous and excited! I watched it last night and I went WOW!

When I do it I'll let you know how I did through it!!!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Fire 60 for the first time last night...I expected it to be ridiculously brutal. I found that when I finished, I felt as though I could do it again! I do believe 'someone' is getting into really good cardiovascular shape. Thank you HIIT 25 drills!

Rest day today...need to make it a point to really stretch today. I've been quite sore since starting the every other day HIIT drills in week 10/11. I do, however, see an actual recovery week ahead on my schedule.

I don't think I see Fire 60 for another week or so but I'm curious to hear if there are any fire drills and, if so, how many? Congrats on your cardio success! I'm looking forward to trying that one as well!

Edited to add my workout for today...

55 EZ, my favorite! BB said I burned 455 calories (HRM said 904). Walk tonight with my puppy should get me to my daily burn goal of 500. Have a great day Ladies!

Sharon
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! Well today I did Fire 30, always love that one! And later tonight at our fit club, we'll be doing Tony's One on One Butt and Belly workout so that should be good! I love Tony's One on One's!

Sara: Glad you got more of a burn out of PC1! Those bands are amazing and kick butt!

Nancy: Wow, you're a machine! After Fire 60, I'm good to go! lol Way to bring it lady!

Sharon: Way to keep pushing that play button! Love it! I do believe Fire 60 has drills in it; it's been a while since I've done it.

Rose: I think that sounds like a good plan to do the prep schedule and then dive in. Can't wait to hear what you think of the workouts! I'm doing Brazil Butt Lift right now and it's amazing! I never knew you could work your tush in so many different ways! It's exactly what I need!

I hope everyone has an amazing day and keep up all the good work! So proud of all of us! Being fit and healthy is a choice and we're all on the right track!

Deb
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    It was a relatively easy day today. I got a good run in this morning and then Fire 55 EZ. it was my first time and it was great. I hope you are all having a great day.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

I don't think I see Fire 60 for another week or so but I'm curious to hear if there are any fire drills and, if so, how many? Congrats on your cardio success! I'm looking forward to trying that one as well!

Edited to add my workout for today...

55 EZ, my favorite! BB said I burned 455 calories (HRM said 904). Walk tonight with my puppy should get me to my daily burn goal of 500. Have a great day Ladies!

Sharon
    [/quote]

Sharon...there are 4 Fire Drills in Fire 60. Two of them back to back right about 25 minutes in, and another 2 back to back about 45 minutes in. Both are 60 seconds long with a 60 second break.
  • momistiny
    Options
    You ladies all inspire and encourage me.

I've decided I don't want to start in the middle of the week and will Wait until Monday Sept 27th to start my prep schedule. I am however doing some light exercises until then.

Deb, I so really want to get the Brazillian Butt Lift program - I hear it is awesome! I really need help on my lower end :-( I'm hoping to try to fit it in with TurboFire.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hey Guys! Thanks for the insight into Fire 60. Look forward to trying it soon.

Did HIIT 25 and Tone 30 today. I thought the drills in HIIT 25 were the hardest of all the workouts I've tried so far. Not my best effort as most of the time I was just trying to keep up with the moves and transitions. Hopefully it will get better the more times I do that one. BB said I only burned 292 calories between the 2 workouts, although HRM said over 900. I have to keep reminding myself that strength training is not about the immediate calorie burn but I feel much better during the all cardio days when I'm burning closer to 400 - 500 calories at a time. :ohwell:

Have a great day and KPP!
    Sharon
  • rjadams
    Options
    hi all,
    I got Burn 2, Core 20 and stretch 40 in today. then I ran for half an hour. it was a nice day.

Sharon, are you sure your HRM is set up right? it seems so high. the numbers on your bb seem much more realistic. I guess they could be that high if you are huge and have a really athletic VO2Max. What you BB says is really close to what my HRM is telling me. Just a thought.
  • glfprncs2
    Options
    HIIT 30 for the first time today...it actually seemed EASY! Wooot!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    You girls are rockin it!!!!! Today was Push Circuit 2, Abs 10 and BBL Bum Bum!!! My bum bum is getting sculpted I tell ya!

Love to see you girls pushing play and bringing it every day! You guys inspire me!!!

So, I haven't done a Turbo Fire tone workout; what does everyone think of them who has done them?

Rose: I definately recommend BBL! Great workout and nice to add to an existing program!

Keep up the good work girls! Gotta run, but I'll be back on later!

Deb
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I just finished Push 2 and Fire 30. I was totally exhausted by the end of it, about 15 minutes before the end of Fire 30 I was ready to drop. I don't know exactly why my energy has been kinda low yesterday and today. I think I need to focus on drinking enough water in the afternoon. I've been really busy and I don't get time to sit down and drink a bottle.

Anyway, I have a question for you strength training experts. I've been using the resistance tubes for all of the Push phase so far (a week and a half into it). I'm making sure that I'm following the form that Toni is using and my hands are gripping them correctly and everything. But usually by the end of an exercise, especially if I'm lifting over my head, my middle and lower back is killing me! I'm not sure what to do. I try to focus on pulling my abs in tight and not arching my back, but the way the bands are pulling it's hard to keep everything pulled in without my back hurting. I'm using the lightest band at the moment as well. Any suggestions to lessen the back pain? I don't want to hurt myself.
  • glfprncs2
    Options
    You girls are rockin it!!!!! Today was Push Circuit 2, Abs 10 and BBL Bum Bum!!! My bum bum is getting sculpted I tell ya!

Love to see you girls pushing play and bringing it every day! You guys inspire me!!!

So, I haven't done a Turbo Fire tone workout; what does everyone think of them who has done them?

Rose: I definately recommend BBL! Great workout and nice to add to an existing program!

Keep up the good work girls! Gotta run, but I'll be back on later!

Deb

I thought the tone/sculpt workouts were going to be a little weak in comparison with CLX, however I was pleasantly surprised. I use the burgundy band (I found the pink one that came with the program to be too light) and I'm getting really good results. I also find that by combining the sculpt/tone workouts with the HIIT workouts is a really good mix.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I just finished Push 2 and Fire 30. I was totally exhausted by the end of it, about 15 minutes before the end of Fire 30 I was ready to drop. I don't know exactly why my energy has been kinda low yesterday and today. I think I need to focus on drinking enough water in the afternoon. I've been really busy and I don't get time to sit down and drink a bottle.

Anyway, I have a question for you strength training experts. I've been using the resistance tubes for all of the Push phase so far (a week and a half into it). I'm making sure that I'm following the form that Toni is using and my hands are gripping them correctly and everything. But usually by the end of an exercise, especially if I'm lifting over my head, my middle and lower back is killing me! I'm not sure what to do. I try to focus on pulling my abs in tight and not arching my back, but the way the bands are pulling it's hard to keep everything pulled in without my back hurting. I'm using the lightest band at the moment as well. Any suggestions to lessen the back pain? I don't want to hurt myself.

You definitely want to be careful that you aren't hurting your back! Sounds like your core needs some shoring up - how often are you doing the Abs routines? i prefer the Extreme Abs because it also has some focus on the lower back muscles at the end of the routine. I do this routine 3 x per week, always before any other workouts to be sure that I do a good job with it. You might also try changing up your stance to see if perhaps standing with one foot forward or both feet together are more stable for you and your core.

Hope this helps!
    Michelle
  • telcochik
    Options
    Sharon, are you sure your HRM is set up right? it seems so high. the numbers on your bb seem much more realistic. I guess they could be that high if you are huge and have a really athletic VO2Max. What you BB says is really close to what my HRM is telling me. Just a thought.

I think the HRM readings sound really high as well. I probably don't have it set correctly which is why I only use it as another reference point but don't actually log the calories burned as actual results. I think now I just wear it out of habit even though my BB is much more accurate and is the device I go by.

Anyway, today I had Turbo Fire 30 and Stretch 10. 283 calories burned. Must walk longer tonight to make up the difference. I noticed I've been eating a bit more the last couple of weeks as well. Not sure why but my progress has definitely slowed. Hubby returns today from 2 week business trip so we'll be pushing each other to get this excess weight off.

Edited to add a question...does anyone hate using the bands? I find I get a much better workout using weights probably because I like doing the moves better.

Have a great day!
    Sharon
  • 00trayn
    Options

You definitely want to be careful that you aren't hurting your back! Sounds like your core needs some shoring up - how often are you doing the Abs routines? i prefer the Extreme Abs because it also has some focus on the lower back muscles at the end of the routine. I do this routine 3 x per week, always before any other workouts to be sure that I do a good job with it. You might also try changing up your stance to see if perhaps standing with one foot forward or both feet together are more stable for you and your core.

Hope this helps!
    Michelle

I admit, I neglect the abs workouts, I try to throw it in once or twice a week. I'll definitely make an effort to do it at least twice a week. I have options, Abs 10, Extreme Abs and I've Got Abs, plus Core 20. I really liked Core 20 since it uses the bands when the exercises are on the floor. I have a bad tailbone and it really hurts to do situps and the like, so the band helps with that quite a bit. I need to also try and find a comfortable position to stand in. Maybe the band is too strong, I know if I don't hold it right or in the right spot, the pulling from the tension definitely hurts my back. I think it'll take some adjustment.

Telcochik - I've been using the bands, and it's definitely a good workout! However, as I just mentioned above, getting good form is much more difficult. I'm tempted to invest in 12 lb weights, but I haven't found a set that's in my price range. Target had them for $15 per weight, but they were out of stock. I'm OK with the bands for now (since 8 lbs is my heaviest weight and I'm in the Push phase), but if they hurt my back, I'll get the heavier weights.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    Hurray!! I got home last nite and my TF package was there!! I read through most of it and I plan to get started tonight with the 5 Day Inferno Plan as a kick start!! I am so excited!!! I went to the store and got some extras so my meals will be more in line with what the meal plan suggests - had to get some fat free cheeses and veggies, to go w/ my protein. I already have a protein shake that is pretty good as a meal replacement ( GNC Lean Shake) but I really want to try Shakeology b/c it seems to have more nutrients. Was also looking at P90X recovery formula (digging the orange sherbert flavor but a little concerned about the sugar content and if it's really that good for weight loss) but it's kinda pricey for me right now

You all seem to be farther along on the journey than i am; Is it worth the extra money to get the supplements?

Starting off tonight with Fire EZ and Stretch 10 ~ will check back tonight to report cal burn and how it went!

Make it a great day everybody,
    Janet
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hey girls!!! Wow, this morning has been hectic! I'm hoping I have time to fit in my BBL tonight! This morning I had to take out some frustration so I decided to do Fire 55 EZ; alway love that one! I've seen so many people say that that's they're favorite! I know it is mine!

So excited to see everyone working so hard and kicking butt! I love it!!!!

Sara, I agree with Michelle, maybe try a different stance. I know for me, I feel stronger in my core if I stand with a split stance. You'll get it.

Janet: Can't wait to hear your results from the 5 day inferno plan! I lost some major inches with it! It'll get you ready for the program for sure! I think it is definately worth it to get the supplements. I know for me, sipping on the recovery drink throughout my TF workouts helps a ton! In fact, I'm all out and need to reorder because I can tell a big difference! Can't wait to hear how your first night goes! Keep us posted!

Keep at it ladies and make today a healthy day!

Deb
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hi all,
    I got a nice walk run in this morning and then cranked out Ab Jam, Fire 45 and Stretch 10. I feel good. I didn't want to do it but I did and now I am glad I did. Hope you are all having a great day.
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I did Get Lean Intervals and Core 20 today. I really like the Core 20 workout, since it uses more than crunches and stuff on the floor to work my abs and obliques. Situps realllly hurt my tailbone from an old softball injury so I prefer to work my core standing up. I'm gonna try to do Core 20 twice a week and hopefully that helps. This weekend my friend is visiting, so I'm gonna workout tomorrow before she gets here and hopefully after she leave on Sunday. I'll be drinking but I'm gonna force her to eat healthy, I can't afford a weekend of eating out.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    Well i missed my start date - realistically it looks like i won't start this until Saturday. Our 6th wedding anniversary is Saturday - DH will be oot for work so we are going to celebrate tonight after work. Tomorrow morning/afternoon he will leave so i will have time then to focus on this. I was re-reading the information on the inferno plan and based upon the suggested work outs it might be a little ambitious. I think i am going to try the regular schedule and see how that goes - if my body tells me i'm not ready then I will go down to the prep schedule. I have a tendency to start out really strong, do too much , then fall off and I don't want this to be yet another one of those scenarios.
    looking forward to loving this one as much as TJ

Make it a great Friday,
    janet :heart: