Things I get unreasonably angry about.

Options

Replies

• Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Don't get angry, but the term

Free gift

annoys me. I've never had to pay for a gift.
  • Monster008
    Options
    Stupid *kitten* drivers.

And hot lesbians ( why do you do this to me )
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    ladies that don't throw their tampon wrappers in the bin but leave them on the floor
    when my husband/kid out rubbish in the sink... the bin is UNDER the sink
    when my dogs lick their feet
    people who don't put their weights back
    snoring
    people that give a running commentary of their lives on facebook. I really don't give a **** if you just cleaned the toilet/washed your dog/think that you should get off FB and cook dinner.
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Toothpaste squeezed in the middle of the tube.
    People who use the word obligated, it's not a bloody word!! The word is obliged.

?

?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    People who use the word obligated, it's not a bloody word!! The word is obliged.

Sorry, but those are both legitimate and acceptable words - at least according to the Oxford and Webster dictionaries. Obligated is the more common usage in the U.S. I rarely hear obliged used at all.

For example: http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/obligate?q=obligate
    'the money must be obligated within thirty days'

And Webster: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obligate

Maybe you can rage over these instead: http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamellis/17-misused-and-made-up-words-that-make-you-rage
  • irunforcookies
    irunforcookies Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Miley
    Beiber
    Spoiled milk
    Poopy diapers
    Pinterest
    First year residents (Dr's)
    Spiders
    Hulu commercials

Hmm.. looking over my list, you can tell I'm a Mom who works in the medical field, and spends too much time on the internet!
  • kinmad4it
    Options

Sorry, but those are both legitimate and acceptable words - at least according to the Oxford and Webster dictionaries. Obligated is the more common usage in the U.S. I rarely hear obliged used at all.

For example: http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/obligate?q=obligate
    'the money must be obligated within thirty days'

And Webster: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obligate

Maybe you can rage over these instead: http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamellis/17-misused-and-made-up-words-that-make-you-rage

and that is why it is wrong if I hear it.
  • kinmad4it
    Options
    You can quote all the online dictionary's you want. Seeing as they all use the bastardised american version of English they are bound to be wrong too.
    I am English, I speak English, I don't speak, read or write in Americanish, therefore when I hear it used in England by an English person it is wrong. Much the same as spelling colour, honour, valour or any other derivation without using the letter U is also wrong.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My wife buying hundreds, nay thousands, of dollars of workout gear then never actually working out.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    You can quote all the online dictionary's you want. Seeing as they all use the bastardised american version of English they are bound to be wrong too.
    I am English, I speak English, I don't speak, read or write in Americanish, therefore when I hear it used in England by an English person it is wrong. Much the same as spelling colour, honour, valour or any other derivation without using the letter U is also wrong.

It is too early for this. At least, in America it is.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My anger is usually reasonable.

Unless I go to Walmart.

No, even then, it's completely warranted.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

**dictionaries.

Sorry, I also get unreasonably angry when people don't pluralise correctly.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

It is too early for this. At least, in America it is.

and that's one of the many reasons why you have a soft spot in me heart.
    :flowerforyou:

;)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Obligated and obliged are two different words, with different meanings. They both originated in 'proper' English.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Stupid conspiracy theories
    People who misuse the term 'irony'
    Lululemon
    Turtlenecks

What do you get unreasonably angry about?

About slow drivers in the left lane, which I hardly see in Germany but over here (US) it is a pain.