• mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Quackropractors. (Chiropractors)

thanks-obama-03.gif
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    whoever named the highways in Bahrain... two major ones are called "Sheikh Isa bin Salman highway" and "Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman highway" - like really, those aren't ever going to be confused by anyone at all ever lol. Shorter, less similar names would have been better....

okay this one is more hilarious than anger making, but on the subject of Bahraini highways... one's called Istaqlaal highway, pronounced is-tak-laal, (stress on the 3rd syllable) and it means "independence highway". The voice in my sat nav pronounces it "esticle", to rhyme with testicle. So instead of sounding like "independence highway" it becomes almost "testicle highway" - it makes me want to poke the eyes out of whoever programmed the sat-nav.

oh and another one, people who pronounce Bahrain as Bar-ain. It's pronounced Ba-hrain (i.e. with a h sound in the middle), and it means the two seas (Bahr = sea, ain = suffix which means two of something).... not the two bars!!!

And people who drive in the middle lane on the highway at significantly below the speed limit (like 80km/h when it's 100km/h speed limit) because they're too lazy/incompetent at driving to drive in the slow lane in case they have to overtake a vehicle going even slower than them, or change lanes to avoid slip roads where the entire lane peels off from the highway

And people who treat the highway slip road like it's a T junction, i.e. drive up to the end of it, slow down, stop, wait for a gap in the highway traffic. I don't mind these people when the roads are fairly empty as you can just get on the highway before you get to where they're sitting and waiting, but at busy times it causes a tailback on the slip road, and everyone has to slow down and it makes it harder for everyone else to get on the highway properly.

And drivers who don't know what a yellow box at a junction means. 90% of Bahrain's traffic problems would be solved overnight if people actually waited to enter the box until they can get out again.

And motorcyclists who don't wear helmets and are wearing flip-flops on their feet and then ride dangerously. I'm not even joking.

Saudi drivers. Everyone who's ever lived in Bahrain will understand what I mean about that. (I mean the typical Saudi drivers, I'm sure there are lots of Saudis who actually do know how to drive properly, but every weekend in Bahrain, the incompetent, reckless and just plain idiotic ones are the ones you notice, and they all have Saudi number plates..... oh and the same for really crazily badly parked cars too.... "look at how that car's parked!!! I bet it has Saudi plates..... oh yes, so it does.")

Me, I don't suffer from road rage ever at all ever lol *looks innocent*

Also (not traffic related this time) people who use the word "neanderthal" to mean stupid or thuggish... they weren't stupid or thugs (no more than Homo sapiens are anyway, I mean every population has its thugs and stupid people)... it makes me want to shake the person saying it by the ears and say "neanderthals had bigger brains than you!!!" (which is a scientific fact, not an insult)

OMG so true about Saudi drivers! They're the same in Kuwait, by the way. Watch out!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If Im not upset, and someone tells me to calm down, i lose my ******* ****.

I also find it unbearably abrasive when people who have not reached their weight loss goals (especially if they are NOWHERE close) and are not making any progress and spend most of their time on the computer or in front of the tv, walk around like know-it-alls handing out embarrassingly incorrect or outdated advice to others, as though they were experts, while mocking those who have reached their goals, and call us mean jerks who dont know what we are talking about, because we got healthy and now, obviously, that makes us the enemy.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    when women ask me to do something the second my butt hits the chair
  • watercolorarteest
    watercolorarteest Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm actually unreasonably optimistic the majority of the time.

If something pisses me off, I go shooting.

Wonder why there are no more squirrels on my property???

^^This. The angrier I am, the better my aim. Of course, that probably doesn't bode well for me and some N S A surveillance program monitoring this thread, right? I've got all sorts of dead zombie targets though. Does that help?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    People who say 'pacific' instead of 'specific'
    Misuse of 'too' & 'to', 'then ' & 'than' and 'lose' & 'loose'

Both of these! Plus people generally using the wrong word, in some cases making up a word because they don't know the correct word.

Spelling mistakes, especially on signs designed for the general public.

Unintelligent people that think they're clever.

Most of the people that work for me.

Or people that say or write "That must of been fast" instead of "That MUST HAVE been fast." Omigosh, go back to elementary school.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Cupboard doors left open
    "Ax" instead of "Ask"
    Okra
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    i cant stand it when people say "warsh" when when is is WASH. you wash your clothes and dishes, you do not warsh them
  • OfficePoliticsNinja
    Options
    1. Pretty much anyone in the Tea Party.
    2. Moaners at the urinal. Yep dude, urinating is a relief but you don't have to express your peegasmic joy.
    3. "Tough guys" who put fake testicles on the back of their big overcompensating trucks. C'Mon Man.
    4. OJ Simpson. Not only because he murdered two people, but he was the original catalyst behind the Kardashians' fame.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    People who say 'pacific' instead of 'specific'
    Misuse of 'too' & 'to', 'then ' & 'than' and 'lose' & 'loose'

Both of these! Plus people generally using the wrong word, in some cases making up a word because they don't know the correct word.

Spelling mistakes, especially on signs designed for the general public.

Unintelligent people that think they're clever.

Most of the people that work for me.

Or people that say or write "That must of been fast" instead of "That MUST HAVE been fast." Omigosh, go back to elementary school.

EXPECIALLY -_-
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    The sudden ridiculous over use of the word EPIC!! Seriously, your shoes are not epic, your sandwich is not epic, your break up was not epic. . . Stop, just stop!!!! :mad:
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Most things.

To name a few:

- People who feel it is necessary to describe distinctly non-cheeky things as "cheeky". I would imagine this is more of a problem here in the UK, and predominantly with "young people". Make of this what you will.

-People who are unwilling to reevaluate their beliefs irrespective of how spurious their foundations. We are all guilty of being ignorant sometimes - some of us a lot of the time - but when it is essentially willful it becomes annoying. This may, I would hope, qualify as "reasonable" however.

- People who don't agree that Gilmore Girls is a triumph of modern television, or that the only way to combat the moral bankruptcy of my generation is to base our actions on the characters in Gossip Girl. :P
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    -The way my boss says "simular" instead of "similar" and "temper-tour" instead of "temperature"
    -Mouth breathers (when they aren't sick)
    -The use of "of" instead of "have"
    -My officemate (just in general)
    -Hearing people chew
    -Every word on that buzzfeed article
    -People who speak in cliches

There are tons of other things, but these are the things that I have dealt with today.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Wait time at the dmv.
    USPS driver that delivers to my house is so lazy that if it doesn't fit in the mailbox; He just puts a note saying we weren't there, so we have to pick it up at the post office; even though he didn't even attempt to drop it off at the door.

OMG another one! I LOATHE my delivery person, not only do we get the note but it's always "FINAL NOTICE" bs!!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    When people eat cupcakes with forks. I do it when I'm sharing a giant one, and hate myself for it.

When my mom rapidly smacks her lips to indicate something is good.

When my 90 year old grandmother jokes we should marry rich men and take their money and run. Every. Day. I never say anything because I know she doesn't realize it.

Lose/loose. This one bothers me the most because I roleplay online and end up seeing these two words often. Alot gets me, too. I get annoyed by other grammatical mistakes, just these two seem to drive me up the wall.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    waiting (in line, for text responses, whatever)

sponges left in the sink
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Slow drivers driving in the fast lane!
  • PattiG1
    Options
    RVs and Semi- trucks that are on the road during rush hour.
    The guy on NPR that stutters because he seems to think that it makes him seem "intellectual".
    People that chew with their mouth open.
    People that pick their nose.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    when the people you are talking to keeps saying " you know? " over and over again!! if i "know" why would i be talking to you!!??
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Humans. Humans make me angry most every.single.day.