Things I get unreasonably angry about.

Options

Replies

• tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Bi-Sexuals.

[dancing up and down] neener, neener, neener.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I am unreasonably angry at me laundry basket
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

This is one of the random reasons why we are friends! lol.

qY61cvw.gif
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    When my cats stare at me while I get undressed. Very unsettling.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    When people "project" their hostility onto me and disown their own negative feelings and insist I'm the one who's got the problem.

Well if you didn't want to come to my family's house for Thanksgiving, all you had to do was say no. Geez! lol.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    FML
    Misuse of too, to, lose and loose.
    People who always have to be right.
    Legging so tight I can see your cellulite.
    People who abuse animals.
    Violent people.
    Slow drivers, at least go the speed limit. Come on!
    Bro's.
    Girls who drag words out. "sooo liike I wasss aat this partyyyy."
    If you use the word 'like' in every sentence. "what I mean is like when your trying to like explain something and like you can't think of other words so like you put like in every so often."
    People with to much money.
    People who ***** about not being able to pay bills but wear name brand cloths, have tattoos, buy drugs/alcohol and drive nice cars.
    People who complain about others misusing "too" and "to" that misuse "too" and "to."
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

Do not let them intimidate you! They're just a bunch of p*****s.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Bad drivers that cause traffic delays and the bad drivers that cause even more delay.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    cyclist going in the wrong direction
  • neenorROAR
    Options

Bi-Sexuals.

That's interesting, because I get angry when people think it's okay to use broad, sweeping statements of negativity about a whole group of people when they're probably only cheesed off by a few individuals.

Amen to that! I get annoyed when people think that actual bisexuals are just indecisive halfwits who cannot decide what they want.

Exactly. People can bone who they like, when they like. As long as it's consensual, it's all good!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Do not let them intimidate you! They're just a bunch of p*****s.

I just get concerned because I see what they do to other things dangling in front of them.
  • Rosieannaxo
    Options
    -People who sneeze/cough behind me and the wind of their cough/sneeze flows past my hair.
    -People who stop in the middle of the sidewalk during a busy time on campus for no apparent reason.
    -People who walk reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow.
    -People who turn up their music extremely high, the whole subway can hear every word.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    People who use the word obligated, it's not a bloody word!! The word is obliged.

Sorry, but those are both legitimate and acceptable words - at least according to the Oxford and Webster dictionaries. Obligated is the more common usage in the U.S. I rarely hear obliged used at all.

For example: http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/obligate?q=obligate
    'the money must be obligated within thirty days'

And Webster: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obligate

Maybe you can rage over these instead: http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamellis/17-misused-and-made-up-words-that-make-you-rage

and that is why it is wrong if I hear it.

Supposedly, Scots also tend to use obligated over obliged. Maybe you could restate your problem and say, "Brits who use the word obligated, it's not a bloody word in British English!! The word we use is obliged."

In that case, feel free to rage away! :laugh:

Also, if we're going to be proper, I just wanted to point out that the plural of dictionary is dictionaries, not dictionary's.
    You can quote all the online dictionary's you want.

(and I hope you know, I'm just teasing in good fun)
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Domestic Violence and/or the portrayal that it's not a big deal. EITHER GENDER.

Inconsiderate smokers. Just because MJ is 'legal' now in our state doesn't mean you can smoke indoors or in non-designated locations - ie: in my presence. I have no issue with whatever you want to do, just be considerate of those around you. Some of us have issues with it that may jeopardize your high. (see above)

Subaru drivers in snow/ice conditions. :D
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Drivers who do not know how to merge
    Drivers who insist on using the fast lane when they are going too slow
    People who want to walk down/up an esculator and get mad when I just stand. (Note, walking stairs in heels is dangerous for those of us who are clumbsy, I'm not being lazy)
    Baristas who get my order wrong at Starbucks
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    The "Why are nurses..." threads on MFP.

People who feel entitled to everything.

People who won't help themselves. I don't mind helping. I love helping people with their problems, but you can't help people who won't help themselves. I'm not going to bust my butt to help you and have you sit there and watch me. A little effort would be cool.

And the thing I get the most angry about...Immaturity.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    whoever named the highways in Bahrain... two major ones are called "Sheikh Isa bin Salman highway" and "Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman highway" - like really, those aren't ever going to be confused by anyone at all ever lol. Shorter, less similar names would have been better....

okay this one is more hilarious than anger making, but on the subject of Bahraini highways... one's called Istaqlaal highway, pronounced is-tak-laal, (stress on the 3rd syllable) and it means "independence highway". The voice in my sat nav pronounces it "esticle", to rhyme with testicle. So instead of sounding like "independence highway" it becomes almost "testicle highway" - it makes me want to poke the eyes out of whoever programmed the sat-nav.

oh and another one, people who pronounce Bahrain as Bar-ain. It's pronounced Ba-hrain (i.e. with a h sound in the middle), and it means the two seas (Bahr = sea, ain = suffix which means two of something).... not the two bars!!!

And people who drive in the middle lane on the highway at significantly below the speed limit (like 80km/h when it's 100km/h speed limit) because they're too lazy/incompetent at driving to drive in the slow lane in case they have to overtake a vehicle going even slower than them, or change lanes to avoid slip roads where the entire lane peels off from the highway

And people who treat the highway slip road like it's a T junction, i.e. drive up to the end of it, slow down, stop, wait for a gap in the highway traffic. I don't mind these people when the roads are fairly empty as you can just get on the highway before you get to where they're sitting and waiting, but at busy times it causes a tailback on the slip road, and everyone has to slow down and it makes it harder for everyone else to get on the highway properly.

And drivers who don't know what a yellow box at a junction means. 90% of Bahrain's traffic problems would be solved overnight if people actually waited to enter the box until they can get out again.

And motorcyclists who don't wear helmets and are wearing flip-flops on their feet and then ride dangerously. I'm not even joking.

Saudi drivers. Everyone who's ever lived in Bahrain will understand what I mean about that. (I mean the typical Saudi drivers, I'm sure there are lots of Saudis who actually do know how to drive properly, but every weekend in Bahrain, the incompetent, reckless and just plain idiotic ones are the ones you notice, and they all have Saudi number plates..... oh and the same for really crazily badly parked cars too.... "look at how that car's parked!!! I bet it has Saudi plates..... oh yes, so it does.")

Me, I don't suffer from road rage ever at all ever lol *looks innocent*

Also (not traffic related this time) people who use the word "neanderthal" to mean stupid or thuggish... they weren't stupid or thugs (no more than Homo sapiens are anyway, I mean every population has its thugs and stupid people)... it makes me want to shake the person saying it by the ears and say "neanderthals had bigger brains than you!!!" (which is a scientific fact, not an insult)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Wait time at the dmv.
    USPS driver that delivers to my house is so lazy that if it doesn't fit in the mailbox; He just puts a note saying we weren't there, so we have to pick it up at the post office; even though he didn't even attempt to drop it off at the door.
    THIS^
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    all the stupid parents picking their kids up at school that think the no parking and loading only rules don't apply to them and their precious angel baby! They don't have the two minutes to spare to pull off into the loading zone because they are so important, but even though I dropped my kid in the correct spot, I must have the time to spare to sit behind them while they get their kids lunches, musical instruments, etc out of the car and keep traffic completely stopped in the lane that should be kept moving. Pisses me off. I've bumped a few cars already this year on "accident" seriously makes my blood pressure go up just get near the school, I used to pay someone to pick them up and bring them home last year, but we moved =(
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    FML
    Misuse of too, to, lose and loose.
    People who always have to be right.
    Legging so tight I can see your cellulite.
    People who abuse animals.
    Violent people.
    Slow drivers, at least go the speed limit. Come on!
    Bro's.
    Girls who drag words out. "sooo liike I wasss aat this partyyyy."
    If you use the word 'like' in every sentence. "what I mean is like when your trying to like explain something and like you can't think of other words so like you put like in every so often."
    People with to much money.
    People who ***** about not being able to pay bills but wear name brand cloths, have tattoos, buy drugs/alcohol and drive nice cars.
    People who complain about others misusing "too" and "to" that misuse "too" and "to."

hahah embarrassing, glad I'm not the only one that saw that.
  • Elpaw4mbv
    Elpaw4mbv Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Empty food/beverage cartons put back in cabinet/fridge/freezer
    Dirty dishes left in the sink when the dishwasher is empty
    Laundry left on top of the hamper or on the floor around the hamper
    Strangers telling me that I am being too harsh with my child and that giving in to the tantrum won't hurt every now and then.

I don't know why and I may not react - but these send me into orbit every time.