Things I get unreasonably angry about.

Options

Replies

• mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Dumb people who claim muscle weighs more than fat.

NEWSFLASH: density =/= mass
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

People who like to feel superior by assuming that 'given an equal volume' is not implied.

But please, God, let's not start this argument again.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When I go to a fast food restaurant and my food looks nothing like the pic on the tv or paper it was on... such disappointment...
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Narcissists. Most particularly narcissists in BMWs. Oh - and Ikea, obvs.
  • mayaocean
    Options

People who like to feel superior by assuming that 'given an equal volume' is not implied.

Yeah, no.

It's not 'feeling superior', as generally, the people who say that muscle weighs more than fat are usually giving unsolicited advice on forums and other public avenues of communication.

But of course, you knew exactly what I was referring to and just decided to nitpick for no apparent reason, and then proceeded to criticize the arguments that my statement usually brings up.

Strong contradiction. Strong everything.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Definitely traffic
    When the stupid dj's interrupt a song every 10 seconds to say something or sing along. No I don't want to hear you. I want to hear the music. Grr!
    People who never use their blinker (It can be amazingly helpful!!)
    Attention *kitten* (One uppers)
    Divas (Those that think they are above something)
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

Yeah, no.

It's not 'feeling superior', as generally, the people who say that muscle weighs more than fat are usually giving unsolicited advice on forums and other public avenues of communication.

But of course, you knew exactly what I was referring to and just decided to nitpick for no apparent reason, and then proceeded to criticize the arguments that my statement usually brings up.

So you aren't nitpicking? You know full well that everyone knows it's for an equal volume, yet you go ahead and call people dumb. So you are setting yourself above them by claiming to know something they don't. Ergo feeling superior.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    People who pop and chomp on their gum!!
    When someone pulls out in front of you doing 2 mph and there's no one behind you, so you have to slow down, then they turn off!!
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    You can quote all the online dictionary's you want. Seeing as they all use the bastardised american version of English they are bound to be wrong too.
    I am English, I speak English, I don't speak, read or write in Americanish, therefore when I hear it used in England by an English person it is wrong. Much the same as spelling colour, honour, valour or any other derivation without using the letter U is also wrong.

It is too early for this. At least, in America it is.

This.
  • mayaocean
    Options

Yeah, no.

So you aren't nitpicking? You know full well that everyone knows it's for an equal volume, yet you go ahead and call people dumb. So you are setting yourself above them by claiming to know something the don't. Ergo feeling superior.

Example, since you fail to see what I'm referring to. Person A claims they are gaining on the scale despite a caloric deficit. Person B suggests that they are probably gaining muscle since muscle weighs more than fat.

Can you really claim that person B really knows the difference between density, mass and volume? No. They just tried to come off as smart by spewing utter nonsense.

This is what regularly happens on instagram, youtube video comment sections, facebook, etc.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Definitely traffic
    When the stupid dj's interrupt a song every 10 seconds to say something or sing along. No I don't want to hear you. I want to hear the music. Grr!
    People who never use their blinker (It can be amazingly helpful!!)
    Attention *kitten* (One uppers)
    Divas (Those that think they are above something)

Haha attention *kitten* one uppers are the worst. Whenever you are telling a story, they somehow have a better story from their life and are going to just keep talking until you hopefully just stop speaking completely. I know people like this!
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Don't "ax" me a question! you "ask"!! Big difference!!!
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

Yeah, no.

So you aren't nitpicking? You know full well that everyone knows it's for an equal volume, yet you go ahead and call people dumb. So you are setting yourself above them by claiming to know something the don't. Ergo feeling superior.

Example, since you fail to see what I'm referring to. Person A claims they are gaining on the scale despite a caloric deficit. Person B suggests that they are probably gaining muscle since muscle weighs more than fat.

Can you really claim that person B really knows the difference between density, mass and volume? No. They just tried to come off as smart by spewing utter nonsense.

This is what regularly happens on instagram, youtube video comment sections, facebook, etc.

That's a good example of someone not knowing how the body works, and they may or may not understand density (unclear from context, but if they also said 'check your measurements, it would imply they do). But it does not mean that everyone who says "muscle weighs more than fat" does not understand density. Be careful with generalizations because when cast your net wide you'll catch people you didn't mean to, and one of them will call you out.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    Don't "ax" me a question! you "ask"!! Big difference!!!

Oh this one gets me too. My mortgage broker said this and I think it annoyed me even more since in all other respects he was obviously a well educated, well spoken gentleman. It was so incongruous.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Debbie downers. I have a friend that will try to bring everyone down in some way or disagree and give their own opinion based on something you said or diss your gym because hers is better. I say "I like my gym" :wink:
  • mayaocean
    Options

Yeah, no.

That's a good example of someone not knowing how the body works, and they may or may not understand density (unclear from context, but if they also said 'check your measurements, it would imply they do). But it does not mean that everyone who says "muscle weighs more than fat" does not understand density. Be careful with generalizations because when cast your net wide you'll catch people you didn't mean to, and one of them will call you out.

I'm glad you agree. However, I didn't generalize. I specified that it's usually people on social media, and if they'd like to call me out then I'll gladly respond.

Thanks for your concern of my wellbeing. :wink:
  • wilddavid
    wilddavid Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Stupid conspiracy theories
    People who misuse the term 'irony'
    Lululemon
    Turtlenecks

What do you get unreasonably angry about?

The fact that the government is out to make our water taste "irony" so we will buy more bottled water! I heard this girl talking about it the other day... she'd just finished a workout in some Lululemon yoga pants and was throwing on a turtleneck sweater... She looked awesome!