Things I get unreasonably angry about.

Options

Replies

• dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Being ignored when I hold a door open for someone. Seriously... it drives me bananas!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    People who use the word obligated, it's not a bloody word!! The word is obliged.

Sorry, but those are both legitimate and acceptable words - at least according to the Oxford and Webster dictionaries. Obligated is the more common usage in the U.S. I rarely hear obliged used at all.

For example: http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/obligate?q=obligate
    'the money must be obligated within thirty days'

And Webster: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obligate

Maybe you can rage over these instead: http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamellis/17-misused-and-made-up-words-that-make-you-rage

and that is why it is wrong if I hear it.

Supposedly, Scots also tend to use obligated over obliged. Maybe you could restate your problem and say, "Brits who use the word obligated, it's not a bloody word in British English!! The word we use is obliged."

In that case, feel free to rage away! :laugh:

Also, if we're going to be proper, I just wanted to point out that the plural of dictionary is dictionaries, not dictionary's.
    You can quote all the online dictionary's you want.

(and I hope you know, I'm just teasing in good fun)

It annoys me when British people get snobby about Americanisms in British English. I'm married to an American and have been living outside the UK for over 6 years, and most English speakers I've spoken to in that time have been non-native speakers, and of the native speakers, they include Canadians, Americans, Irish, all British dialects and South Africans. I've picked up a few non-British expressions along the way. I, personally, don't see that as a bad thing. My favourite American expression is probably "douche canoe" LOL
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Crazy drivers on the road.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Been trying all morning to think of things that I get unreasonably angry about. Can't find a one. All of my anger is always 100% justified.:tongue:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Crazy drivers on the road.

I saw a meme on facebook once about an idea for a car horn that sounds like gun shots and the havoc that would wreak. I can't remember exactly what it said, but it was really funny.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Being ignored when I hold a door open for someone. Seriously... it drives me bananas!

For the record, I would never do that to you. I moved to Detroit from Georgia recently, and man, do I miss those Southern gentlemen! :)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    stupid threads.

the power is yours-ask captain planet!
  • nippoleon
    nippoleon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Other peoples inability to see that Scarlett Johansson plays every character in everything movie IN EXACTLY THE SAME WAY

This, except Jennifer Aniston.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    I can be happy as, arrive at an airport and instantly want to kill everyone.

Agreed. I am normally happy as a clam in most situations. But when I arrive at the airport, this is me, "What is wrong with you? What is wrong with your brain? And you there, you are not ready for air travel! Also, I am so mad that I allowed all of these people to make me act like such a b***h!" In short, I feel you. lol. But I try to make 95% of this inner dialogue.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    1. People who cut the line at amusement parks.
    2. People with coupons or who write checks at the grocery store.
    3. Losing an hour of sleep during Daylight Savings Time.
    4. Mondays!
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    When someone gets done washing the dishes and leaves the sponge just sitting in a filthy sink full of dirty water! I throw the sponge away every time!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty reasonable person. Most of the things I've read here don't bug me.

However, my house was burglarized recently. They rifled through my things, emptied drawers onto the floor, took all my electronics and jewelry, left the doors wide open and let my dogs get out....and if I were given the opportunity I would line then up and shoot them. Seriously, I don't care of burglary is not a death penalty offense - I would end them without any remorse.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    1175331_10151571084611010_1681234387_n.jpg
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    People who lack common sense. There are SO many of them!!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    This also made me unreasonably angry :

NearPerfect.jpg

I mean c'mon, one spare in an otherwise perfect game. :grumble:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Crap weather
    Being cold
    Other drivers...too slow, unaware. dumb, dangerous
    Junk emails
    Religious door knockers
    My mobile phone
    People walking so slow like their legs are broken
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Poor hand-washing habits

When people stand too close to me in line

Too much perfume/cologne
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Calling pit bull dogs pit bull dogs instead of by breed - originally pit bull meant it fought in a pit. If you have a "pit bull" you should be arrested. If you have an "American Bull Terrier" carry on.

People who fall for everything - latest diet gimmick, P&G supports the devil, woman's uterus full of lobster babies after... well I won't finish that one but someone actually sent me that story believing it true. Nearly any story that can end up on Snopes without looking at it for 1. is it even possible 2. is there any evidence 3. is it true? 4. Does it even matter?

People who want to tell me what I should do to lose weight or that I shouldn't do things that are working for me. Why do they ALWAYS have a better idea - even if they aren't successful themselves!

Plumber cracks. I hear so many railing against the dudes in sagging pants - yet no real offense at plumber cracks. AT least on those dudes I see underwear instead of actual cracks.

People who don't get sarcasm - just don't hang near me ok. I will use sarcasm, you won't get it, you will correct me or falsely reassure me and I will be annoyed. Then you will be annoyed and just think me mean when I don't want to keep talking to you.

Anyone who thinks women shouldn't do something because they are female. I don't think the bar should be lowered (ex: military, deliver driver, police, sports etc), but if they can meet the bar why not?!?!?!?

People who use scare tactics and sensationalize to make their point with no evidence - Saudi women are destroying their ovaries by driving, girls who play football will end up unable to have babies (had someone tell me that once), multiple political speeches lately fit here.

When someone fusses because someone went out in the cold/rain - you'll catch your death of cold/pneumonia etc. Those illnesses require a pathogen - so unless it's raining pathogens, you'll be fine.

Feet require proper shoes. um, no. Feet weren't made for shoes. Feet were made to work without shoes. Pavement requires shoes. Sports performance is enhanced by shoes (cleats etc). Feet just need gravity, muscles and bone.

Ok, some of these may fall under reasonable - depends on your viewpoint.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    People who toss trash out their car window.

People who breed their pets for profit and know nothing about it and are ignorant to the fact their are 100000's of animals killed everyday because they were not adopted from shelters. (Oh, and the people who buy their pets from these people!!!)

People obsessive about brand named clothing.

Gorgeous men who have waxed their chests.

Actually...I feel it is very reasonable to get angry about these things!