Things I get unreasonably angry about.

Options

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Religious people trying to persuade me that their religion is the exact religion that I need in my life.

Religious people assuming that atheist is exactly the same as 'devil worshiper' , ' Sex offender', 'baby eater' and almost any other 'scum of the earth' descriptor that you could think of....

Religious people assuming that I have no morals as I have no god in my life.

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself as a religious person who isn't what you just described. :flowerforyou: Although, to be fair, I wouldn't believe what I believe if I didn't think it would also benefit other people. And I don't think any one people group of any kind has the monopoly on immorality. Or hypocrisy, for that matter.

Unreasonably angry... well, last night we were watching an episode of Lie To Me, where a building collapsed and the response of rescuers was to run and stand on the very site where they thought people were buried alive. Hey, lets jump up and down and park a few dump trucks on it, too! GET OFF THE RUBBLE, YOU IDIOTS!!!
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    children
    the term "special snowflake"
    music snobs
    "I'm an equal opportunity offender"
    people who don't understand that being honest and having tact aren't mutually exclusive
    when someone freaks out over the emergence of new words or new meanings for existing words
    seeing a person try so hard to get attention that you can practically feel the heat of desperation radiating off of their bodies
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Religious people trying to persuade me that their religion is the exact religion that I need in my life.

Religious people assuming that atheist is exactly the same as 'devil worshiper' , ' Sex offender', 'baby eater' and almost any other 'scum of the earth' descriptor that you could think of....

Religious people assuming that I have no morals as I have no god in my life.

I'll add to that anyone who won't accept "I'm not interested in discussing my belief (or rather lack thereof) with you, could we change the subject please?" as a respectful alternative to rehashing the perpetual theist/atheist debate.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I don't know...maybe when people on myfitnesspal ask: "Why are you on myfitnesspal if you don't need to lose weight?" :explode:
  • noemibp
    noemibp Posts: 167
    Options
    Delicious food, being high in calories. Grrrrr
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    All these pages and no one has mentioned:

Picker/flickers?? ( these are the people who pick their nose while driving, in full view, then examine what they found before flicking it out of their window).....

Picker/Eaters.....*gag* no explanation required *gag*

People who smoke and throw their cig butts out of the window while driving.

People on MFP who always derail posts...

When I stub my toe, get a paper cut or scrape my knuckles.

Hearing "Nu-cu-lar" instead of "Nu-clear" ( this is as bad as Picker/Eaters!!)
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Hearing "Nu-cu-lar" instead of "Nu-clear"

nu·cle·ar

Doesn't matter, you never hear the one that gets you, anyhow.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    noisy chewers
    people who chew with their mouth open
    bad drivers
    people who stop in doorways
    wonky shopping trolleys
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    noisy chewers
    people who chew with their mouth open
    bad drivers
    people who stop in doorways
    wonky shopping trolleys

**sigh**

Yes, yes, yes....
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The sound of people chewing in general, not just noisy chewers/people that chew with their mouth open.

People that stand at the bus stop across from my apartment just yelling at the people they're with even though they're less than 2 feet away from each other. If I can hear your conversation word for word 100 feet away, you're too loud.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The sound of people chewing in general, not just noisy chewers/people that chew with their mouth open.

I was going to say this same thing. I hate it so much.
  • EmilyLock
    EmilyLock Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sociologists who announce 'discoveries' of stuff we've known all along, e.g. kids with rich parents do better at school. Gosh, really?
    People who earn money for sending letters to magazines with 'handy hints' my grandmother would have thought were old ideas e.g. Leave your clothes-pegs on the washing line to save time.
    Stupid, ugly, untalented, unskilled people who sneer at the idea of earning the National Minimum Wage : "I wouldn't get out of bed for that kind of money."
    People who think the world stops at the edges of America - helloooo? I think you'll find there are several other continents out here, actually.
    Anything to do with recycling, especially those horrible bins of rotting food which don't get collected for two weeks - gross.
    Large noisy flies which won't stop buzzing past your head as if they have some kind of death-wish.
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sociologists who announce 'discoveries' of stuff we've known all along, e.g. kids with rich parents do better at school. Gosh, really?
    People who earn money for sending letters to magazines with 'handy hints' my grandmother would have thought were old ideas e.g. Leave your clothes-pegs on the washing line to save time.
    Stupid, ugly, untalented, unskilled people who sneer at the idea of earning the National Minimum Wage : "I wouldn't get out of bed for that kind of money."
    People who think the world stops at the edges of America - helloooo? I think you'll find there are several other continents out here, actually.
    Anything to do with recycling, especially those horrible bins of rotting food which don't get collected for two weeks - gross.
    Large noisy flies which won't stop buzzing past your head as if they have some kind of death-wish.

New study finds that broccoli is really good for you!

New study finds that carrots are good for you!

New study to determine if apples are good for you!

Do we really have to study one vegetable or fruit at a time to figure out that these things are healthier than junk food? Can we be spared the tedium of scientifically studying each individual vegetable or fruit to see if it's healthy? Isn't is abundantly obvious that eating whole fruits and vegetables is almost always better than eating heavily processed foods, junk foods, or "fake" foods? Nah. Let's conduct studies and not connect the dots between them to just announce: abundant evidence demonstrates that eating more fruits and vegetables is better than eating crap. . . and be done with it. . .
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    FML
    Misuse of too, to, lose and loose.
    <snip>People with to much money.

So....yourself? (sorry...it was too easy. I'm sure it was just a typo)

Oh, and liars. I get unreasonably mad about liars. Also about unreasonable people. Oh, and users.
  • BATAB
    BATAB Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    People who walk beside their grocery cart
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    - Shopping trolleys being left in car spaces.
    - Rubbish in the library when there's a bin two meters away.
    - Certain TV shows (Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, etc.)
    - Commercials that go for more than 30 seconds.
    - Empty containers returned to the fridge/freezer.
    - Wads of gum abandoned under desks/tables/chairs.
    - When there are speed bumps every ten meters.
    - People who proudly fart at the table during family meals.
    - Seeing raw meat stored above cooked food.

...I could continue for a long time :laugh:
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    People eating crisps (The noise)
    Weights not put back correctly in the gym
    People getting on a treadmill next to me when there's loads free
    Bad service in supermarkets
    Seeing an overweight person eating crap in public (Sorry but I just do!)
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Infants, Children, Teenagers, young adults, adults, middle aged adults, not the elderly though. We party hard, but yea, typically humans between 1-6.5 decades
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Stupid conspiracy theories
    People who misuse the term 'irony'
    Lululemon
    Turtlenecks

What do you get unreasonably angry about?

Irony/ironic is the single most mis used word in the English language.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    People that make up stories or lie about everything.

People that chew obnoxiously and with their mouth open.

"SMH"

People with no manners.

Talking to comcast customer service on the phone.