TOPIC: Over 200 New Year New Me Part 30

Options
HERE IS THE NEW THREAD!!!

Replies

• tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cris!

PS - The Today Show is doing a story about a woman who lost 134 pounds using MFP! She went from 278 to 137 in under a year.

Just goes to show you.... WE CAN DO THIS!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Cris!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I have 14lbs to lose to reach my Halloween goal!!! Thats doable I need to focus!

On that note...Summer really needs to end! I have a hard time working out because of the heat..it makes me sluggish and not want to do anything. Also, every freaking weekend there is a cook out or a party..I cant be trusted yet with all that temptation. Maybe somday.

I didnt log anything all weekend and I made no "big" effort to eat healthy. My game plan was basically to eat appropriate portions..I think I was pretty good at that. I am showing a 0.2lb gain from Friday which makes me super happy..but then again I am also dehydrated so it may be higher tomorrow.

Today I have my meeting with the trainer and then I take a spin class at 615..I am doing spin 2x a week now, and will de doing interval training (running) up until the 5k in Nov!

Try to be back later,

Cris
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the initiative Cris!

Monday, Monday....

Planning on going swimming tonight. Yeah!!
  • cris20056
    Options
    Oh just to clarify- the meeting with the trainer is purely like a sit down and discuss my goals and take my weight and measurements. Im not going to get killed by a PT then go to spin..thats just crazy

And as for the interval training I plan on doing c25k week 1-4 increasing my speed each time.

Jess- Seriously go ahead and graduate c25k already...I dont know when I will be able to do it and I want you to get it DONE!!! Maybe youll graduate and Ill be mad at myself and jealous that you did it and I couldnt and it will push me...who knows...just please dont wait for me
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I had a rough weekend eating wise. I think it's mostly the sodium and beer though.I'm with Cris. I'm ready for summer to over!!! I don't have control when it comes to beer!! :explode: I'm up another pound from Friday...so a total of 3 pounds up from my ticker. And I didn't make it to the gym!! Why oh why do I sabotage myself this way? Sorry. Pitty party over. I HAVE to make this week a good week!! I've been eating almost all of my exercise calories and that has to stop I think. I think I'm going to stick with half! Go for some big calorie burns this week. This is my plan of attack!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cris for the new tread!

I posted this in the last tread w/o realizing the new thread..

Morning!

I am still busy today. I have to take my kids to the library for more books and then I have to "makeover" my bathroom. I have to remove the silly wallpaper trim I have in the bathroom ( was there when we moved in 6 years ago). So I have my day cut out for me..yay!

I plan on doing some kind of cardio exercise ( have not really exercised since I started painting 2 weeks ago - that's an exercise in its self)..oh how I miss doing that.

I feel TOM is creeping up too...all the sighs but no flow yet. SO that mean is TOM arrives I can't fast until its all gone ( part of fasting is you have to be pure -clean of TOM and bed pilates ( when done you need to take a shower before beginning the fasting process). SOrry too much info., but it's one more thing to add on you "things to know list."

Rambling!

Miss ya my weight loss sisters...

Laila
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Just wanted to make sure everybody saw this...this is a post from Colorado Girl on the other thread.

Good morning ladies... I have been gone for a little while now and thought I would pop back in this morning for a quick update.

Life has been crazy busy and will continue to be so for the next couple weeks. Kids have school registrations, school photos, yet this week. Hubby went to Sturgis and should be back Wed. We helped my brother and sister in law unload their moving truck yesterday and will help again tonight with the final load. I am so glad they are like 20 mins away now instead of 3 hours!

My sister is bringing her boyfriend over on Thursday evening for dinner and they are spending the night. So, that should be interesting. She seems so happy!

Saturday we are having a bbq with a few friends and some family for my 40th.. Oh dear.. where did the time go?
    Monday is my daughters 1st day of high school and Tuesday is my son's 1st day of the last year of high school as well as my actual birthday. So, my husband and I are taking a motorcycle ride up to Estes Park, CO (where we got married) and spending the day.

With all that said I am going to try and start counting calories and logging my food again. I have not given any thought to anything I have put in my mouth. Ironically I have not gained any weight so, I am pretty happy about that.

As far as exercise goes, I am really not sure when or what I am going to do something a I am still dealing with that stupid plantar fasciitis. it is really not much fun. Any suggestions would be great. (although, I am allergic to chlorine so, no swimming for this girl)

Well, I will try and get back in the swing of thing... Thank you for all your support through my time off and I hope you have a great day ladies! You inspire me!

Thanks for being my weight loss sisters!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Im so sorry I wasn't around for about 2 weeks. Work was so crazy and this is pretty much the only time I have to be online with the kiddos and it being summer vacay and all. How is everyone doing? I hope pretty well. I tried to catch up and read some of the posts while I could, but I wasn't really able to all that well. Sorry but to everyone, I know you all are doing the VERY BEST you can be doing and we all will get to our dream results when we get there!!! Hopefully sooner rather than later, but I will take it when it comes!

I am doing pretty well so far. I have lost 41 pounds in 3 months and I couldn't be happier about it. I think I finally figured out how to stabilize on the weekends. I eat not so great sometimes, but healthy most of the time. I haven't gained and lost the same 5 pounds so I guess that is good.

I think all of you women are wonderful and motivating and inspirational! I will try and be around more to be more of those things to you from here on out!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Cris-No way girl. I'm not finishing without you. I will do interval running in the meantime. We're finishing together. Good luck with the trainer today! Can't wait to hear about your sessions!

Tstout-I hope to be one of those success stories, one day, I'll get there eventually.

Kerri-That is fantastic! You are doing so well. We hope to see you around more!

I'm thinking of making up for not going to the gym today, tomorrow. I was thinking of going in the morning and getting in 45 minutes of cardio and then a spin class in the evening. I would probably burn almost 800-1000 calories in the day. Anybody think this is overkill? I don't want to overdo it and hurt myself.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Julie: 12 weeks to Halloween? I have 14 pounds to go for my Halloween goal, meaning I need to start behaving on weekends or I won't even get close! Thanks for the reminder.

COgirl: If you're reading this, I'm glad things are going well for you even if they are super busy! Hopefully things will calm down and you'll be able to stop in more often. And thanks for the FB message!

tstout: Yum, pulled pork. I'm jealous! I love the challenge because it's something I'm always trying to watch. It's been a long time since I've added salt to anything other than Wendy's fries, so that part should be easy. It's the sodium in other foods that is hard to avoid, but I'll certainly try!

Jess: This weekend was great because in addition to bed pilates, I also did floor pilates and shower pilates. Busy weekend, eh?

So my weight is up 3 pounds from Friday because of the weekend, but I'm not worried yet because I have a feeling it's all sodium. I just need to flush it out with extra water and I should be back where I was by Wednesday. This seems to be my typical roller coaster. But, now with the Halloween reminder, I better get my eating under control on the weekends. Too much alcohol this weekend is to blame this weekend.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    I'm thinking of making up for not going to the gym today, tomorrow. I was thinking of going in the morning and getting in 45 minutes of cardio and then a spin class in the evening. I would probably burn almost 800-1000 calories in the day. Anybody think this is overkill? I don't want to overdo it and hurt myself.

Jess, I'd say maybe do some upper body strength training and then spin class if you're going for two workouts in one day. That way, you're using different muscles and are less likely to injure yourself. Just my two cents.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

Jess, I'd say maybe do some upper body strength training and then spin class if you're going for two workouts in one day. That way, you're using different muscles and are less likely to injure yourself. Just my two cents.

Thanks Heather! I'd really hate to hurt myself.
  • cris20056
    Options
    Jess- I had every intention of trying to do d2 this weekend but we had unexpected plans and then some drama...my friend got a DUI and I had to go pick her up..I was not happy. Anyways, I promise I will try to do it sometime this week. Now that I havent been away from excercise sooo long I feel better about being able to do it. Thanks for not giving up on me!

pos-me- you are a busy gal! I am jealous of your painting, ever since I painted our entire old house I hate doing it but we bought a new house in 2009 and it really really needs to be painted...I would need to wait until its cooler outside though. You are motivating me!

Cogirl- Thanks for the FB message, I tried to reply but my phone was being uncooperative. I was so happy to see your post this morning!

Kerri- 41lbs in 3 months is awesome!

Halloween challenge- yea 14lbs ....I need to stop drinking and eating too much on weekends to reach it! Unfortunately I have a cook out next Saturday, a wedding the following Satruday, our fantasy football draft the weekend after that, and then its labor day...so lots of parties and food! UGH SUMMER END PLEASE SOOOOON!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Cris-You are welcome. I know you wouldn't give up on me and leave me behind. I know you will get it done when you can. And when you are ready for day 3 I will still be here. This has been a struggle for both of us and we gonna finish it together.
  • cris20056
    Options
    Ooops I already failed the challenge today. I have my day planned out and it looks like I'll be about 400 over on sodium. I cant change my meals cause I chose it according to convenience since I will be really busy tonight...but to counteract it I am committing to drinking lots of extra water...wil ltry again tomorrow to keep the sodium under 2500...I usually aim for 2000
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat at The Beacon this Saturday. I'm curious if any of you have heard of it.

Sadly, I'm actually really excited because I haven't eaten there in probably 15 years but my stomach kind of hurts just thinking about it. It's a "world famous" restaurant in my hometown and dh has never been. We're going to a party in that town on Saturday so I thought it's a great opportunity to let him experience the glorious nastiness that is The Beacon. Oh, it's so gross (and by gross I mean awesomely disgustingly delicious).
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ugh... most boring day EVER!

If anyone happens to have Gmail, my address is stout.111 if you happen to be bored, too haha
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Mondays are terribly hard for me. There's just so much I would rather be doing!

Julie: I have not heard of The Beacon. Is it one of those Drive-Ins, Diners and Dives kind of places?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Holy mother. I FOUND an unopened bag of Famous Amos cookies at work. I tried, with no success, to find their rightful owner. They've been sitting on my desk taunting me for an hour and a half. My dinner is already planned and I totally have more than enough calories to eat the entire bag. Is it fate? :laugh:

Heather: It's a Drive in. And of course it was actually on that show. It's so ridiculous.
    My very favorite burger place where I live now was on the show, too. I think I really just drooled a little.