TOPIC: Over 200 New Year New Me Part 30

Options

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Bump and OMG HAVE I MISSED YOU GUYS!!!!!!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies who have been MIA (Momma, mstahl, raider), we're glad you've checked in and are doing well. Please visit us more often, even if you can't read all of the posts or check in often! Feel free to PM me anytime you need someone to talk to, vent, etc!!

Julie: Isn't the added energy the most amazing part of weight loss? I love it. Asheville looks fantastic; I'm jealous!

Jess: Yes, I drink lemon in my water at restaurants and love it! It's supposed to have a bit of a detox quality to it. I just like it because it makes water taste better.

Laila: Thank you for getting an update from Ann and passing it along.

Well, I'm about out of here for the evening. I'm going to the practice for the Special Olympics equestrian team I'm involved with. I haven't been able to coach every week due to the cut in hours, but am going tonight to start getting things organized for the competition next week. Well, that and I have to get the rest of the paperwork from the head coach who can't seem to keep it together. It's a scorcher out there today! Have a great evening!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    hey!

check in:
    calories, OVER big time! ( I had so much crappy foods: ice cream, turkey hot dogs ( 2), homemade popcorn ( like 3 cups)...I feel like crap because of all the crap. I feel horrible and I know TOM is coming soon becasue of my junkfest.
    exercise, not much to help my overload of calories
    water, suprising, yes! the only thing I have control over
    proud, nada...

I feel so ashamed in myself ( because of my above - food) . I cried because I feel so blue today. Hubby is gone and my daughter disrespected me ( she treated me like I was the kid and she was the adult)..so we are not talking. teenage drama...small stumble of parenting:sad: :cry:
    I feel so bad and I know that is why I am overeating (comforting my feelings). I usually share my problems with hubby but he is super busy today :sad:
    I want to take this day back and start with a clean slate...Tomorrow is a new day. Enough is enough!

thanks for listening:heart::flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    The Beacon:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCuhtoxqKXk

Yeah, I wasn't lying when i said my stomach hurts just thinking about it.

(PS -- I'm from Spartanburg, but I promise I don't talk like these folks. :laugh: :wink:)
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Pos - We all have rough days. Homemade popcorn is better than microwave popcorn!! (I'm assuming you didn't drown it in butter...) Let some time pass with your daughter. Hopefully you all can talk about it tomorrow and share why you were frustrated with each other. As always, you know we are here to listen and love on you!!

Just got back from the pool - swam 1000 meters! That's 0.67 miles. Yeah me!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I cant talk too long right now but I was really excited to see some old faces pop up when I skimmed the posts!!!! WELCOME BACK FRIENDS!!! WE MISSED YOU!

Checking in real quick:
    calories- 1120
    water- yup
    sodium- 2900...really really high for me
    excercise- spin class
    cals burned- 566
    proud- that I cashed in my free PT lessons and that I am going to try to listen to her advice...(Ill tell you all what she said tomorrow)

Gnight!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Logged my dessert for later tonight so I'm checking in.

Cals - Under! 1243
    Water - 88 oz
    Exercise - Swam 1000 meters in 40 minutes
    Proud - Swimming!

Tomorrow is going to be a tough day. We're taking my fantastic manager out for dinner and it's gonna be calorific! I'm going to attempt to go for a run tomorrow morning, but we'll see how late hubby keeps me up. He's bottling tonight and that's a two-person job. Last night I was helping him with brewing stuff up to like 11:30 p.m. I was up, but I would have much preferred to be reading in bed than carrying a 5 gallon bucket full of stuff (wasn't all full of water, so it was heavy, but not torture...) down to the basement. Whine, whine...

Here is my pretty team at our last team dinner in June. We're taking our team leader (my manager) out as a thank you for her dinners. She's the adorable short one on the end.

37769_480711559687_814434687_6773066_5753389_n.jpg
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! You will love it here. :flowerforyou:

:heart: :heart: :heart: MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
    I am sooooo glad you're back, momma! Even if you just lurk for a while! I missed you!!!!!

How quickly I turn into Bitter, Party of One once I go back to work. I miss posting and reading about you sisters during the day! :cry:
    I like the challenge - damn I forgot who gave it, though. :tongue: I always struggle with sodium.

Ahem, ladies, I am noticing that many of us are NOT posting our daily check-ins. :huh: Just sayin'.............. :wink:

check in:
    calories: OK
    water: 100+
    exercise: 15 min walk (it's too darn hot here in Lou!)
    proud: I took a walk instead of coming home from a stressful day of meetings and heading straight for the vodka. :tongue:
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    My check in is so-so

I have no idea where I am on calories or water. Went to Applebee's with my daughter for our mom and daughter b-day dinner and then found out I was missing $20 from my wallet so I didn't have enough to order what I wanted. I was going to get the low calorie meal but we got the 2 for 20 thing. I only ate half of my entree so I'm proud of that. I did have a couple mozarella sticks though. My daughter insisted I eat some of her dessert with her which I did but only a few bites. It was some chocolate cookie sundae. I hate chocolate chip cookies and oreos and fudge. I'm not a chocolate person. Ahhh well...today is over and I'm not going to worry about it tomorrow. I'll do the best I can at the amusement park.

Talk to you all later....
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Momma - glad you are back, even if you won't be checking in as much i am glad you are back on track with tracking your cals and such.

I was in such a foul mood last night , i didn't bother to come check in...Getting very depressed about serena she is being soo cranky and same freaking attitude about school this morning i have been fighting with her for 45 minutes about getting up....i really can't take this if it continues, i really can't.

On a sad note, not sure who all sall. BUy Jessyka (she was on here for a while and the little baby), just saw a FB that her baby passed away...not sure of the details but it saddened my heart.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Wow, I missed a lot yesterday. Leave the boards for one day and I miss chatting with Momma and CoGirl !!!!!!
    No fair !!!!!!
    Love that you both dropped in to say hi :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

LilDeb - thanks for sharing with us, that is such terrible news about Jesyka, I can't even begin to imagine the pain she is going through right now. If you send her a message please send my love along with as I don;t have her on FB.

Check in for yesterday:
    calories - over by about 150
    water - over 100
    exercise - 45 mins walking
    proud that I didn't eat ALL of the Thai food last night and skipped the beers.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    OMG LilDebbie -- Jesyka's daughter Brookelyn passed away? (Wasn't that her name?) How horrible. I can't even imagine.

Calories: 1481 (okay, okay, plus 5 McDonald's fries. Yes, just 5 -- and small ones at that)
    Exercise: I let myself have a much needed rest day
    Water: 100oz+
    Proud: I had mega mega munchies last night. I ate dinner way too early (around 6) and then I ate a "snack" (popsicle) around 7.30... so there I sat at 9pm watching Food Network. :laugh: Then at 11pm hubby called to say he was on his way home from work. I told him I did *not* want any food but he brought me food anyway because he felt bad not getting me something. And now he gets to eat that food for lunch today. :tongue: So, I had the mega munchies with all kinds of crazy bad food in the house and finally after hours of torturing myself with glasses of water instead of munchy foods, I ate 1/4 apple with a teaspoon of peanut butter. Maaaaaajor win!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

On a sad note, not sure who all sall. BUy Jessyka (she was on here for a while and the little baby), just saw a FB that her baby passed away...not sure of the details but it saddened my heart.

She didn't say what happened and there was nothing posted to the fact that she had been sick. Brooklyn was about 5 or 6 months old.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to all the familiar faces…we missed you!!!

I forgot who mentioned something about a Halloween challenge…well I am in. Even though I will start fasting soon (that will only last a whole month) I need to get my *kitten* into action. I have gain 2 pounds from yesterday’s consumption..I feel horrible. Why oh why do I do this to myself…

I want to aim for 15 pounds by Halloween. It’s going to be tough but I am willing to fight for my health and well being. I am accepting tough love..Do what you can if you find me slipping, whining, or bluffing…I want this more than anything. Let’s do this!!!

Litdeb, I saw the message Jesyka posted and I am so sadden to hear the news. I sent her a message. I got chills reading her words..
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    blue-Thank you for mentioning that. I have gotten so bad about it! This is my goal for the week. Check in EVERYDAY! Good bad or ugly!

Julie-Way to go on not eating the McDonalds!

POS Me-In no way did you gain 2 pounds overnight. We all know that's the sodium. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing the best you can with the time you have right now. I think you have more then enough on your plate. HUGS! :flowerforyou:

Checking in for 8/9
    Calories: Right on target!
    Water: 9 Glasses (I was already spending my whole day in the restroom!)
    Exercise: None! Unless you count unpacking 3 boxes
    Proud: That I controlled myself and stayed within 1200 calories since I didn't work out.

I am back down to 213.8!! YAY! I gotta stay on track this week and I'm sure I can see a loss!! Oh how badly I want that!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals..

I missed you all so much! Sometimes I just wish there were about 6 hours extra in the day.

Lil deb sorry to hear about Serena giving you a hard time! Hang in there, I know you can do it! You are a super MOM! That is so sad about Jeseka' s baby.. I can not even imagine.

Jess and Cris.. I too am ready for summer to be over. Fall is so close! The nights are cooling down to the 50's here (good sleeping weather)

Jess... on the water.. when I think about it, I really like any citrus fruit in it! Gives it a little something. I have used oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit! Thanks for the reminder.. :flowerforyou:

Blue, here is my check in (even though I am just getting back in the saddle) :wink: I was definitely over on my calories, Did not drink enough water and my exercise well.. Notta for now (although I will have to work on maybe adding some yoga, that always make me feel better). Proud.. I am back on here and making a effort. I WILL get there!

My son has school registration for his senior year this morning and I am taking my daughter to the ortho. Unfortunately, they switched doctors in the middle of her ortho process and at a bad time. (when she got the braces off). The new dr has a different approach and now my daughterss bottom teeth are starting to go crooked again. GRRRR. I expressed my dissatifaction nicely when I was there 2 weeks ago and the dr. offered to either put on braces all over again (6 months worth) and charge us 500 or put on a different type of retainer that would straighten some of the bottom crowding but not all at no cost. As much as I want to do the braces and have it done right, my daughter wants nothing to do with it and wants the retainer. Then there is the money factor. Coming up with 500 the month school starts is not going to happen.
    So, I guess they are going to do molds for a new retainer for her today. Then I am off to work.

My honey will be home tomorrow, my sister here Thursday, Party on Saturday, Birthday on Tuesday. So, I am just trying to get through the next week.

3,2,1 here we go!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Checking in for yesterday:

calories - under (surprisingly, we had hot dogs and mac n cheese for dinner haha)
    sodium - also under (under the same surprise as above)
    water - 64 oz which is about 64 more than I've been getting
    exercise - cleaning and painting with the girls (who knew painting with kids could be a workout hahah)
    proud - I refrained from eating sugar cookies with the girls after dinner.

Good to see everyone popping in :) (Momma, meokk, April, COGirl)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Wow, sad, sad news about Jesyka's daughter. I'll be sure to send her a message on FB. Thanks for sharing Deb and Jess.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Under by 190
    Sodium: Over by 451
    Water: 84.5 oz.
    Exercise: Bed pilates
    Proud: That my boyfriend and I helped inspire his aunt to lose 56 pounds in the past year!