Why is this even remotely controversial?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is like playing with the sore loser kid who keeps making up rules or weapons to get around the defeat. *smh*

God modding.

Oh my god Whierd....gamer terminology...you just....man...Can I have you for Christmas? lmao! :tongue:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This is like playing with the sore loser kid who keeps making up rules or weapons to get around the defeat. *smh*

God modding.

Hey, my example. I can make her as pitiful as I choose.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    And I still want to know why Bcattoes would watch someone live that way and not help her.

she's just so fat. :sick:

what...the...hell...

bth_1311379042454.gif

Some people are just horrible on the inside, regardless of how fat or fit they are :sick:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

God modding.

But when your "example" becomes a mother of 3 with an alcoholic husband, works 40 hour days, has no arms or legs, was a Vietnam Vet, and lives in a van down by the river...it is no longer then "realistic".

(**Note** I went ahead and added all the other walls for you so that I could save you time and trouble.)
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    How is this any different than the pictures we see circulating of the man with one leg, or the man with no feet just those blade thingies (not sure what they are called) That have the same caption? I mean she posted it to HER Facebook not like she is going around forcing it into peoples faces.

People make time for what they want to make time for................................
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options

[...]Maybe we should picture a fit handsome man with a huge package and say 'what's your excuse' to all the men.[...]

I'm glad for the lady and I'm sure her kids are being raised with a healthy lifestyle, which is a great thing. Just do it without the taunting message and I think everyone would be happier.

Yeah, except that men can do absolutely nothing to alter the size of their "package." This implies that women can do nothing to alter their bodies.

Secondly, perhaps we need to get all "up in arms" about Nike saying "just do it" because that's taunting, insulting and makes people feel "inferior".
    You can tell her kids are not by the same man.

Wtf does that have to do with anything? I think this might be the most irrelevant post I have ever read on any forum ever on any subject.

All in all, if you want a nice body you'll get it. I own and run two businesses by myself, take care of a house and family members and I still squeeze in exercise, so all of this "you can't be hot if you work or have kids" thing is a bit moot. Reorganize your time. Yall find time to talk on here about this milf, certainly you can find time to do some squats. Also, last time I checked kids are highly energetic and would *love* to exercise with their parents just for the sheer fun of it - incorporate your kids into your routines. If you DON'T have an energetic kid they're probably on an xbox somewhere - use their down time to exercise. It's not really that difficult.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    1d785527-ce3e-454d-bdf5-4abcb4808bed.gif
  • bcattoes
    Options

God modding.

But when your "example" becomes a mother of 3 with an alcoholic husband, works 40 hour days, has no arms or legs, was a Vietnam Vet, and lives in a van down by the river...it is no longer then "realistic".

(**Note** I went ahead and added all the other walls for you so that I could save you time and trouble.)

No, I wouldn't give her or the kids any physical handicaps because that would veer off topic of lack of time and income being a valid excuse not to reach the level of fitness in the pic.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    And I still want to know why Bcattoes would watch someone live that way and not help her.

she's just so fat. :sick:

what...the...hell...
    Some people are just horrible on the inside, regardless of how fat or fit they are :sick:

:laugh: It was sarcasm prompted by that chick who kept wanting me to help out my hypothetical example.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    She can't afford the internet or a computer. But you are correct that she is not trying to get fit. She's just trying to survive.

Then she didn't see the fit mom on FB and won't feel bad about it.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe this is gonna roll again!!! :huh:
  • bcattoes
    Options
    She can't afford the internet or a computer. But you are correct that she is not trying to get fit. She's just trying to survive.

Then she didn't see the fit mom on FB and won't feel bad about it.

Correct. She has no time for such things, what with all the jobs and kids and the deadbeat.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I am amused. This is most excellent.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Absolutely off topic, but I sincerely hope that "bad situation lady" finds all the resources she needs to improve her situation. I hope things get well enough that fitness DOES become her priority.

This makes me want to volunteer somewhere.

Totally agree!! And not really off topic, as the example was meant to show that there are sometimes situations so bad that making your own fitness a priority borders on ridiculous.
    Why are you not helping her?

Everytime I go to try and help I end up just getting drunk with the husband. He always has good booze.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    well, then it doesnt apply to them and they wont notice the advertising that isnt aimed at them, right? I never notice diaper commercials and I dont know jack about cars - cause neither of these are on my radar. shrug.

This. Being offended because it's not your goal would be like me being offended by John Frieda Sheer Blonde hair color commercials. Maybe I should pitch a fit because I don't want to be blonde (aside from wearing a wig for Halloween).
    Nobody is offended by what she looks like. The "offense" (and I'm not really offended at all) is the idea that ALL women have the same goal.

This ^^ and, I think, the suggestion that her life is comparable to every woman with 3 kids. Income level, support network, health of the children, health of the woman, responsibilities beyond the children and home, as well as many other "excuses" can be very valid.
    Income level isn't an excuse.

I agree health of children, etc., can be. But I know enough women who are in the upper levels of income with healthy families who "don't have time" because they have a couple kids. BS. I think that's the point of the photo.

It really has become fashionable to be "oh so busy" these days.

Yes, income level would not be a valid excuse for women in the upper levels of income. But it absolutely can be for others. That level of fitness takes work.

I live off $500/wk in the middle of NYC and a 65 hour workweek.
    Im fit as frak.

That's awesome. Are you saying that means no other mother of three has any excuse for not doing the same? Even if they live elsewhere or work more hours or have more expenses or make less? Because otherwise, I don't see your point.

You don't have to spend any money to be fit. You just need to be dedicated to doing the work.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    tumblr_muquu9kqO51s0fzano1_500.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    So... Can we all agree that it was pretty freakin' slick marketing???
    How many pages of posts...

Day-ummmm If I ever patent a product, I want controversy like this ALL OVER it!!

Hell, it will piss off people who don't exist!
    Fantastic!!!
  • bcattoes
    Options

Day-ummmm If I ever patent a product, I want controversy like this ALL OVER it!!

Fantastic!!!

Yeah, she probably knew full well what she was doing when she put that caption up. Great way to get people to like your page and follow you.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Fantastic!!!

Yeah, she probably knew full well what she was doing when she put that caption up. Great way to get people to like your page and follow you.

That's what I'm thinkin'. Love it, hate it or anything in between... We've been talking about it! People are looking her up and posting her stuff... My hat's off.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    87355d1377653252-random-pictures-thread-sfw-gets-horse-youre-trying-too-hard-thumb-jpg?stc=1