• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Yes, today is day four! :)
    Why????
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have never been so hopeful that we are being trolled.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    OP, I think it's really great that you are so determined, even in the face of so much opposition. But don't you think it'd be better to channel that awesome resolve into a healthier approach? eat at a reasonable calorie deficit, make smarter food choices, and exercise a little, instead of depriving your body of MUCH need fats and proteins for 100 days? Good Lord, that's over three months! Three months of slowly chipping away at your lean muscle stores (which are SO hard to build back up) losing bone mass, low energy, nutrient deprivation and overall feeling like crap? (You say you feel fine on day 4-5, but trust me, you won't by day 8 or 9)

Also, the SECOND you start eating real food again, your body is going to cling to those calories like crazy, and you'll gain all that weight back, so your fast will have been for nothing.

Even your fitness trainer huband is urging you to at least eat SOMETHING while juicing, at least take a hint from him! What you're doing is unnecessarily extreme, and potentially dangerous. Please don't be so close-minded. Be open to suggestion and listen to the people who are advising against this. They really know what they are talking about.

edited to be nicer
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    Ah well. Even if this is real, it's self-correcting. I just wish OP didn't have to go through what she's going to go through.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

What do you all think was eaten in the " old days " when weight problems were MUCH lower if hardly any! I'm talking when they cured there own ham they raised.. And smoked it in a private smoke house and didn't pump steroid in it!

They also worked their *kitten* off doing this farm work to feed and house and water the animals every day before they butchered them, or hunting and fishing their food, etc etc.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Juicing has no connection to GMOs.

If you put GMO fruit in a blender, boom, you got you some GMO juice.

Even 100% organic foods can contain genetically modified ingredients.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This can't be real. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    OP~I really do feel sorry for you and hope you get the help you need. :ohwell:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I have never been so hopeful that we are being trolled.

Beginning to think we are.
  • Schatze1975
    Options
    Okay I am being call a troll on myfitnesspal.
    Why are some of you commenting neg?

Seriously just keep telling me I'll fail. I'll prove all you wrong.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

You're a suspected troll because juice fasting is a known hot topic on MFP, and you are taking it to a ludicrous extreme. That should tell you something about your plan, if it's real.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Op, why are you doing 100 days, an off day and then 100 more? Personally, the longest I've ever seen recommended for a juice "cleanse" is a month. It sounds to me like someone said how much weight you *could* lose fasting for 10 days and you thought to yourself "if I do it for 200 days, I can lose all the weight I need to!" There are a few problems with that, though.

1-your body will be getting mostly sugar in this 200 day period. Some vitamins, sure. But mostly sugar.
    2-your body NEEDS protien to feed your muscles
    3-your body needs fiber. Juicing basically removes the fiber so you negate a lot of the benefits of all the fruits and veggies. One of the delightful side effects of not eating enough fiber is a gem of a problem called diverticulitis. Look it up.
    4-you need fat. Apart from avocado, fruits and veggies aren't a very good source of fat.

Why are you juicing? Is it to lose as much weight as physically possible? That isn't really the best or safest way to go. For one thing, your body can only metabolize so much of your fat stores in a day. You absolutely WILL burn lean muscle mass. There is no way around that on this plan. Also, and I speak from experience here, rapid weight loss can lead to the development of gall stones. This can cause fun bouts of hours and hours of excruciating pain and vomiting.

No one here is trying to be mean. Many people here have successfully lost a ton of weight and are just trying to discourage you from making such a drastic mistake with your health.

it's too bad that people are giving you scientific reasons to abandon this plan and you're stubbornly refusing to see reason.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Just curious...Are there any websites you can reference that show how this fast is healthy? I feel like the others have given plenty of support to back up their claims that you will be hurting yourself, but all we have is your word.

Even Fat Sick and Nearly Dead wasn't 200 days (or 2 sets of 100) and most juice fasts I hear of are only a few days to a week long. Where exactly is your info from?
  • Schatze1975
    Options
    Sorry keep anything " liberal" away lol!
    Hooyah
  • Schatze1975
    Options
    http://youtu.be/gjt3bxyKcCI

There are many on YouTube.
  • Linda343
    Options
    where can i find recipes to use all the pulp from my juicer? I hate throwing it away & wasting it. Thanks.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

What do you all think was eaten in the " old days " when weight problems were MUCH lower if hardly any! I'm talking when they cured there own ham they raised.. And smoked it in a private smoke house and didn't pump steroid in it!

They also worked their *kitten* off doing this farm work to feed and house and water the animals every day before they butchered them, or hunting and fishing their food, etc etc.

Also they ate to EXIST not for PLEASURE as we so often do these days. Certainly they weren't "juicing"back then if they could afford not to!!!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sorry keep anything " liberal" away lol!
    Hooyah

Go back on 4chan. /b/ is better suited for you.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/gjt3bxyKcCI

There are many on YouTube.

There is a youtube video of cats that are ninjas as well....my cat has been in training for 3 weeks, and nothing. Still just a cat.
  • antileah
    antileah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your juice diet! I've watched that 'fat, sick and nearly dead' and I'm really tempted to try it! You can't go wrong with just fresh vegetables and fruits really can you? :D
    It definitely gives you lots of energy doesn't it!!
This discussion has been closed.