Wii EA Sports Active - August

Options
So it isn't exactly August the 1st but why use that as an excuse :tongue:

I need some motivation! I am using the more workouts version so I am doing the 6 week challenge. I have never made it before so this is my goal!

If you want to join me please great we could support eachother.

So I did workout 1 of 24 however because it is technically the 10th now it shows me missing the first day :( I will log todays efforts anyway and then restart the 6 week challenge tomorrow. So I guess I will have a 6 week 1 day challenge...lol.

Starting weight - August 09/2010 - 154.5

Workout 1 of now 25:

Calories burned 139.5
Time 00:25:43
13/13 workouts on medium intensity

Skipping was a bit brutal. It is hard to jump quietly!

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Wow there was a huge July thread I figured we would have more takers.
    Well I am still here...lol.

So workout number 2 but Day 1 of my 6 week challenge

Calories burned - 137
    Time - 00:26:12
    Workouts completed 13/13 on medium intensity,

I never workout or exercise in the morning so today was a nice change :)
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm up for some motivation - I'd start all over, but I really need to finish my first set of the 6 week challenge - today would be workout 20 for me - summer's been rough, and I missed a few days.......I'll post what I do after the kids are off the tv this morning and I get a chance to workout!

**Updating**
    Workout 20
    Calories - 142.6
    Time - 20:16
    Completed 16/16
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    YAY!! I haven't made it very far in the 6 week challenge but that is all going to change now!

Start wherever you want and do what you can do! Something is better then nothing right?

I will be doing mine tonight when the kids go to bed. It is about to be a very busy day and I am already late.
    Good Luck :) What intensity are you doing? How are the exercises that far into it? I normally do easy but figured if I am going to challenge myself I might as well do it right!
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    I've only done it on Low - but this is my first go through on it, so in about a week I will be starting on medium. I was dying at first on Low, but I've gained some strength, and when I do my custom workouts I do them on medium, so I'll be ready to step it up - the workouts are the same, just less reps I think. So I do 75 skips, or 8 pushups instead of the 100 skips or 10 pushups for medium. I'm excited to be so close to finishing the first set of 6 weeks, and plan on keeping up with it till I can do it on hard - I sweat like crazy though - I don't think that will ever change though!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I generally do low too but wanted to have a little push now that I am serious about this new lifestyle.

Today was a rest day but I felt like i should do more and the 4 mile walk wasn't cutting it so I did a small 10 minute workout.
    I am on medium and doing 120 skips! I HATE pushups so not looking forward to those. I have my week set to Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...then Wednesday off back on Thursday and Friday and Saturday off. I have to do it while everyone sleeps so I am not disturbed :)

Calories Burned - 80.3
    Time 0:11:33
    Exercises - 8/8
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Workout 2 out of 24

Calories Burned - 97.8
    Time - 0:21:07
    Workouts Completed (Medium) - 13/13

Finished early today :) Had a day off and going to the beach and then an overnight at the cottage!
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    No EA for me today - had a crazy running around day, and spent too much time at the local DMV to be in the mindset of working out. I wasn't going to do any workout at all - had a ok eating day - under calories a bit, but my hubby convinced me to pop in my Just Dance game, and do about 10 songs with him - he enjoys the competition as much as I do - trash talks like crazy, even though he only beat me in one song (but did beat me twice in that song). So I managed to get a super late workout in, and I'm hoping I can keep on track this weekend. My baby turns 2 on Sunday and I have lots of party prep to do!

I usually have my workout days as Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday - but I find myself working out every day. (when I'm in the mindset and being good!) Have a great weekend!
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    I spent the whole day cleaning, and then putting the boys to bed and again too tired to workout, but I forced myself to get through some of it, and I'm glad I did, but I'm super glad I'm done!

Workout 21
    Calories - 132.5
    Time - 15:32
    Exercises -14/17

I skipped 3 and the warmup/cool down..........just wanted to be done and go to bed!

Normally I would be done for the week, but since I missed yesterday I will be getting a workout in tomorrow on Sat. I have plans during the afternoon with family. so I hope to get in the exercise before noon. Fingers crossed that I get a good nights sleep and can be refreshed!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Aww Happy Birthday to your soon to be 2 year old :)

Some is better then none so good for you! I have today and tomorrow off for EA but not off my exercise :) I walked 5 miles tonight and will get in a couple tomorrow too. I have some running around tomorrow so that helps too!

Good Luck and thanks for sticking with it. I really thought we would have a bunch but happy I am not alone!
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    Hey - I'm glad to be here - I need someone to keep me busy and to help me push through those days where I don't feel like doing this - I need to stay commited.

Tomorrow is the party day, and an off day on the Wii, so I won't be back till Monday night. I worked out with the EA More on wednesday, friday and saturday to be able to get back on track for my normal routine of M,T,Th.F. I don't want to fall behind so I have been working out on my rest days if I miss a scheduled day.

Workout 22 Low (2 more - woo hoo)
    Cal - 126.7
    Time - 21:02
    Exercises - 17/17 ( no skipping anything tonight)

I found that if I put my workout off till the last thing I do for the day I am exhausted and don't want to do it - but sometimes my days are too crazy to find time until the night. I'm going to try to get in earlier workouts - maybe just have my kids do them with me, or pop in a new movie! Have a great Sunday!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Awesome job!

Have a great party! I will be posting again tomorrow night with my results. I have had a couple days off from the wii but not from walking :) I love my walks.

Keep up the good work and enjoy your day tomorrow. Hope your child has an awesome birthday!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Hope the party went well :)

Well I am still messing with my HRM arggg. I just finished my workout and wanted to post my stats:

Calories burned according to wii - 98.5 as per my HRM 76
    Time ; 19:48
    Exercises Completed - 13/13

I weighed myself this morning and I was down almost 4lbs since August 1st so I hope and pray that it keeps working like this. I am recording the HRM reading since it is the lower of the 2 and I can't afford to overestimate.

It is Monday night....well early Tuesday...where are you?!?!
  • aries88
    aries88 Posts: 38
    Options
    I just bought the Wii EA Sports Active today and worked out with it the first time just a bit ago.....I LOVE IT!!!! I loved my Wii Fit Plus and still like it but love this way more. I love how the exercises are relatively seamless. I know I can set up the Wii Fit to not have to go and pick out the exercises but this was way less work and I could get straight to working out. So I am doing the 30 day challenge that is built in and I did the first workout twice tonight which totalled 40 mins and burned 299 calories!!!! I am going to keep at it daily!

I am finally seeing results with losing weight ( I drastically changed my eating habits for the good after being diagnosed with pre diabetes and 4 mild herniated disks and 1 moderate to severe) I seriously need to lose this weight so that maybe I can avoid surgery. So anyway I am going to try and post what I do daily
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome :)

I LOVE EA sports so much. I have to admit I have never like the wii fit but I got EA first so it was hard to change. I have the more workout ones and I love that you get to do a bunch of different exercises and they blend well. You have the sprint where you really get going and then slow it down with lunges or something so it isn't all out high intensity. My fav by far is targets! Love them.

I am trying very hard to do the 6 weeks challenge. I haven't done any and generally do awesome for a week or two then it fizzles away. This time I am going to do it and I hope that you ladies will see me through that!

Good Luck and please post your stats and we can all help keep eachother motivated :)
  • aries88
    Options
    I already want to get the more workouts as well. I am going to keep this up and will post what I get done each day. There are days that I will work out 2 maybe 3 times a day. Depends on my energy levels for the day. I have 6 kids and they keep me busy but now that school is back in session, I have a lot more time for working out. I am doing this for my health mainly but I really want to show my husband what I look like skinny. We didn't meet until each of us already had 3 kids and I definitely am out of shape. Not sure if he believes that I used to be skinny LOL. I will do my best to motivate you guys if you help me stay motivated. I have lost 15 lbs so far but still such a long way to go!
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    Welcome aries88!!

Lol - I finished my workout last night, logged it into the exercise journal, and went to bed exhausted! Totally spaced on going to the boards cause I was foggy from a long day! BTW - my sons birthday was a blast - he got such crazy gifts I can't imagine how he's not going to be spoiled! (Grandma and Grandpop bought him a toy rollercoaster By Step2 that he can ride in the house/yard)

Ok -workout stats!! (from last night)

Workout 23
    Calories- 144.2
    Time - 20:58
    Exercises - 17/17 (skipped the warm up though)

Today is my final workout on the 6 week challenge - but before that I have swim lessons with my boys (LOVE Tuesdays lol) so I may be super tired again, but feeling good even if I had another early morning!

Side note (I know - I feel like I'm rambling lol) My son starts school (preschool) on Sept 7th but this time he is in the morning class, and has to be ready for the bus by 7am! So I will most likely be switching my workouts to suit the new schedule and working out in the mornings (kinda hoping I can start taking am walks with the 2 year old when it gets comfortable outside!)

Alright - have a wonderful day and I'll try to be back tonight to report!!!
  • aries88
    Options
    Thanks Sbozek123!

So I just finished the workout for this morning....which was workout 2 for me

Workout 2
    Calories - 237.4
    Time - 29:28
    Exercises 18/18

I am really loving this and I am so glad that I got it yesterday. I really want to get the more workouts expansion already just so I have it when I need a change!

You guys have a great day. I hope to get in another workout tonight so if I do I will post those results too.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    OG today was HARD!

Cals Burned - 125 according to wii -according to my HRM 93
    Workout time 0:19:29
    Exercises - 14/14

Reverse crunches suck as does skipping after a hard sprint!
    But I did it all!
    Proud that I did since I slept funny last night and my neck is killing me!!
  • aries88
    Options
    kickrz- Awesome job! I haven't had to do crunches, regular or reverse, is that only on the more workouts? I cannot imagine skipping after a hard run. I was having a hard time with the high knees and kick ups today but got through it. Keep it up!!!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Yes it is more workouts! I forgot about the kickups, I haven't done the regular one in awhile. I am trying it on medium and the skipping is generally 120 times which is hard in itself for me but following the sprint was not fun. I figured maybe some biceps curls to break up the insanity but nooo...lol. Well it is done and I just got back from a short walk so I have done more then enough cardio today! Off to put the kids to bed and then hopefully enjoy some peace and quiet!