Wii EA Sports Active - August

Options

Replies

• sjd200
    sjd200 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello, I have had great pleasure in reading through. Im going to start tomorrow my 6 week challenge on EA sports more workouts, i will keep you informed.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    WTG Sbozek!

Some is better then none right? Oh kielbasa fest...really..I have never heard of such a wonderful event and at this point am glad I haven't..lol.
    Good Luck and you can do it. I find it is nice to indulge every now and then.

Welcom sjd:flowerforyou:

Happy to have you here! Jump right in and get to work....we are a motivated bunch.
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome sjd!

Well....my son jumpstarted my super workouts - I was doing the cool down on Day 6? and all of a sudden my son is playing with our extra remote, and boom - he shut off the entire wii for me!!! I saw red - wanted to scream and freak out. Sent my kid to his room - told him that what he did was bad, and that he knows better than to mess while mommy is working out! but I can remember what I logged - I'll just have to do it later again today! GRRR AHHHH

Workout 6 Medium (time 1)
    Cals - 138.8
    Time - 22:13
    Exercises - 14/14?

I cannot believe I logged this in and it won't count on the More active - ahhhhhhh......going to eat a ton of food and I'll be working out again tonight - I'll make sure my son is nowhere near me this time!
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    so i survived day oneof the Kielbasa fest. I ate really well today - most of my good was from home - I only had one corn on the cob and a chicken gyro (*ok - a few bites of my kids chocolate chip mint ice cream too*)!!!
    But I walked the town twice - maybe an hour of walking total. and I had to do the Wii workout twice thanks to my oldest! So here's the 2nd round of today's workouts (Logged properly on the game too!) I cut out 3 workouts cause I'm exhausted and it's 10:30 at night here!

Workout 6 Medium

Cals - 100.4
    Time - 15.25
    Exercises - 11/11

Going to watch a movie with my hubby and go to bed! Parade at 8:30 am! Won't really be on tomorrow, and sunday, so have a great weekend!!
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    Kinda suprised to not see anyone on here since Friday - I worked out today even though it was a rest day for me on the Wii. Turns out the hubby and I planned a suprise trip to AC with the boys to get in a few beach days before my oldest goes to school next week. So instead of workouts on Monday and tuesday, I am getting them in on Sunday and Wednesday. So here are my stats for today, and I'll be back late on Wednesday night to put in that day's exercises - hope everyone has a great week!!

Workout 7 Medium
    Cals - 144.4
    Time - 25:48
    Exercises - 14/14
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Better late then never :wink:

Workout 11/24
    Calories Burned - 115.6 - HRM says 120
    Time - 0:23:46
    Exercises - 15/15

It was a tough one too. I also walked tonight but splurged a little so had to work harder.

I did however fine Skinny Cow fudge bars for only 90 calories .... YUM!

Keep up the good work all :flowerforyou:

Sbozek123 way to go at Kielbasa fest I am not sure I would have been so successful. I am trying to be so good because next month and in October we have 2 local fairs and I have to be honest, I have a mini donut addiction :cry:
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Hi! So I have a question. My hubby and I have talked about getting a Wii for our family. We are not really into video games, but I know the kids would love to have one. However, I want something I can work out with as we have long winters here (in Saskatchewan). Do you guys enjoy this program, it seems you do, and do I have to buy extra parts for it along with the "game" or is just buying the disc enough? Thanks for your thoughts ladies!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

I know about winter....I am in Ontario.

The wii is pretty great. If you buy EA Sports Active you get the resistance band, game disc and a leg strap. You would need to buy the nunchuk I think, not sure the wii itself comes with one. Once you have that you are set.

If you have any other questions let me know :smile:
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am also a Canadian and have to endure the winter spent exercising alot indoors. I have both the first Wii Active and the More Workouts. I love both and have found that I've stuck with these programs more than any other workout DVD I've bought. I also have the Wii My Fitness Coach and like it, though not nearly as well as the Wii Active.

Interestingly enough I wear my heart rate monitor during my Wii Active workouts and alway burn about 20 to 25 more calories than what the wii says I burn.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I am also a Canadian and have to endure the winter spent exercising alot indoors. I have both the first Wii Active and the More Workouts. I love both and have found that I've stuck with these programs more than any other workout DVD I've bought. I also have the Wii My Fitness Coach and like it, though not nearly as well as the Wii Active.

Interestingly enough I wear my heart rate monitor during my Wii Active workouts and alway burn about 20 to 25 more calories than what the wii says I burn.

Yay another member and a Canadian to boot :laugh:

Welcome :flowerforyou:

My HRM tells me I burned more too but then again I usually dance around while waiting for the next exercise!

I was thinking about getting the fitness coach one but may just stick to EA. I hear there is suppose to be another one coming out soon. I love them both so far so I am a little giddy about a new one..lol.

Let's get out butts in gear and finish this month right!
    My 6 week challenge will end a few days after my birthday in September so I am pretty excited to accomplish it ...finally!
    I have lost 9.1lbs so far this month and from what I hear it won't continue to be so rapid. I will need you all to help me stay motivated and positive!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I did not want to workout at all but I did it.

Thank you all for being here and motivating me. I could have easily given up today but I knew I had to post so I had to work out.
    I even did 2!!

Workout 12/24 - HALFWAY THERE!!!!

Calories Burned : 103 calories
    Time : 0:17:33
    Completed: 15/15

Extra Workout

Calories Burned 82.4
    Time: 0:12:29
    Completed : 7/8

My HRM was a combination of both
    221 calories and 41 minutes

Be back tomorrow for another :)
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Me again :smile:

Workout 13/24

Calories Burned - 142.1
    Time - 0:25:34
    Exercises - 16/16 (medium)

HRM says
    30 mins and 134 Calories
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    Just got back from Atlantic City, NJ, and am pooped! I was going to get tuesday's workout in tonight, but I'll catch up with workouts on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday! So I'll catch you all tomorrow! keep up the great work!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Welcome back :smile:

I had a nice surprise tonight. I did a bit of walking and was vegging out on the couch, got up the energy to change and start my workout. I turned it on and it is a REST DAY! I was surprised and probably should have done one anyway but I am going to head to bed early tonight.

See you tomorrow!
  • aries88
    Options
    Sorry guys, I have been sick and not able to work out. But I am back on as of today....and feeling pretty good too!

Time: 26:53
    Calories: 199
    Exercises: 16/16

Have a great day y'all! Burn those calories!!!!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better!

I am back on tonight then a nice 2 nights off.
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better! It's so hot here today, but I thought I'd better get my workout in now since I know it'll just get worse through the day - plus I want to go swimming with my kids before my oldest heads to Pre-K next week!

Workout 8
    Cals - 140.7
    Time - 21:22
    14/14

I'll see ya tomorrow!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Wll that seemed like it went fast.

I hate push ups!

Workout - 14/24
    Cals. Burned - 83.1
    Time - 0:17:13
    Exercises - 16/16

HRM says 22 mins and 67 calories burned....doesn't seem like much :(

We lost our hydro for 4 1/2 hours so I wasn't sure I would get it done. I am happy that I did it because I really want to complete the 6 week challenge without missing any days!
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    I hear you about not wanting to miss days! I have to workout tomorrow to keep the calendar right! Oh well - the vacation was totally worth the extra day!

Workout 9 Medium
    Cals - 167.3
    Time - 24:54
    15/15

So tired, but such a busy day for me - it's pay day, so I'm off to pay all the bills- money in, and money right out! Plus I have a Dtr. Appt. to get back on the pill - hoping I don't gain weight from taking it. haven't taken any BC since 2004!! Way past time I got back on it - no more babies here - at least for a little while! Hope you all have a great day and weekend - I'll be back tomorrow!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Well I didn't have to workout tonight but I did!

Calories Burned - 141.5
    Time 0:20:00
    Exercises - 8/8

HRM says 24 minutes and 102 calories burned.