Wii EA Sports Active - August

Options

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I have been super lucky in that I haven't been sick.....knock on wood. I think that is the difference between the regular ea and the more workouts. If you miss a challenge you can make it up but with the more workouts you can't so I am determined!

So tonight is 21/24! YAY 3 more :happy:

Calories Burned - 117.5
    Time - 0:21:45\
    Exercises 18/18

HRM says 28 mins and 111 calories burned.

I am off tomorrow and back Thursday! Keep up the awesome work.
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Workout 16/24 Medium

Cals - 142.5
    Time - 22:32
    15/15

I am doing EA More - and if you workout on your rest days during the challenge you can catch up - sure, it gives you a warning/notice that you need rest days, but you can push through them. I don't think you can skip ahead however - so no finishing in less then 6 weeks.

You're so close to being done - I still have 7 more! but that means about a week and a half. So before September is over I will have finished this challenge! I'm definitly doing another 6 week challenge - just not sure if I'm ready for it on hard yet - might do another medium and build up my strength!
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ok...here goes. I am starting day 1 of the 6 week challenge right now. I am going to supplement the wii active with some outdoor activities too. We got a new puppy and he is such a great motivator for me to walk/jog outside.
    I know that I am way behind you others on here as you are almost done but I am going to try my best to finish what I start. I have started the 6 week challenge before and haven't made it through because I got sidetracked. :(
    Now that my kids are back to school and work is slowing a bit I am going to give it my all.....wish me luck!!!
  • emalay
    Options
    Workout 1 - Full Body completed.
    I started the hard 6 week challenge because I exercise regularly and thought I'd challenge myself. Hopefully I didn't take on too much!
    Burned 203 calories according to my HRM. It always tells me a higher calorie burn than the wii does.
    1 down.....LOTS to go!
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    I'm missing tonight's workout - I'm too tired - making it up this weekend. The viewing was long, and I'm just too tired.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    emalay - Welcome back :) Good Luck. I havehad my EA Sports for over a year I think and have never been able to complete a challenge yet. I am now just 2 days away from finally being DONE! I am so proud that I made it to the end and thanks to MFP and you ladies I stayed motivated and was totally focused. I didn't miss 1 day and it is such an accomplishment for me. Next I plan to do Slim in 6.

Sbozek - I imagine today was long and draining so refresh, relax and see you tomorrow :flowerforyou:

Workout 22/24

Calories Burned 116
    Time 0:20:34
    Exercises 18/18 MEDIUM :happy:

HRM says 26 mins and 120 calories burned.

2 more days.....Sunday and Monday! See ya then. Good Luck!
  • emalay
    Options
    Way to go kickrz on being so close to finishing the challenge. I hope I can do the same and complete mine too!!
    I did day 2 today and burned 150 calories! My legs are sore today from the squats I did yesterday and I can't imagine how they'll feel tomorrow after all the lunges today....YIKES!!! Bottom line I did it and I have 2 days of rest!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Well today was a rest day but I over ate by lots and felt super guilty so I had to do something :(

Calories burned 105.6
    Time 16:33
    Exercises 9/9

I also did some wii fit so my total for all was 45 mins and 213 calories burned. NOT even a drop in the bucket to what I ate today but I guess I will pay for that tomorrow :(
  • emalay
    Options
    You know kickrz... I think the main thing is that you didn't just sit and overeat. You chose to get up and get some exercise in and help to undo some of those extra calories. So way to go for that!!
    I think we're too hard on ourselves somedays. We all need to indulge sometimes, tomorrow is a new day to start fresh and get back on the bandwagon.
    If we starve ourselves and never have any treats then really how happy will we be!!

By the way I hope your little ones get better soon.
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    Ugh - so didn't work out on the wii since Tuesday - so tired, and even though the house is quiet, I just haven't gotten the motivation to get off the couch. Hoping to have the oomph to get in a workout tonight to make up one workout. On the plus side - did take a 40 minute hike yesterday - so I did get some exercise in this weekend.
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    Still feel like garbage, but pushed myself to get one workout in (so now I am only missing one day to catch up on).

Workout 17/24 Medium
    Cals - 149.3
    Time - 17:23
    9/9 - no warmup/cool down

I will be on here tomorrow so I don't fall more behind - but I am tired and cranky!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Aww glad you did it anyway! I am waiting for hubby to get to bed so I can get mine in but he picks tonight to stay up! I only have 2 left and can't miss it. I have my Wii clock set to 2 hours behind so I still have a few hours before it changes!

Good Job ladies :)
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Whew done that one.....1 more to go!!!!

Workout 23/24

Calories Burned - 162.1
    Time - 0:31:17
    Exercises 18/18

HRM says 38 mins and 118 cals burned and I have to be honest I did not give it my all! It is 1:30am I am beat and have to get up in 5 hours so I just got through it so it was done.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    CHALLENGE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID IT!!!

End of challenge results

Miles Ran - 5.4
    Days into challenge - 42
    Calories Burned - 2,797.9
    Workout Time - 8:31:31

Todays results:

Workout 24/24 - yay me :)

Cals burned = 132.8 HRM says 151
    Time - 0:20:32 HRM says 27mins
    Exercises 18/18

I just want to thank you ladies that stuck with me. If it was not for you and this thread I would probably have given up. I am glad I had to be accountable so again thank you for seeing me through :flowerforyou:
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    workout 18 medium
    cals - 141.3
    time - 23:01
    14/14
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    workout 18 medium
    cals - 141.3
    time - 23:01
    14/14

YAY! Are you feeling better?
  • emalay
    Options
    Way to go Kickrz on finishing your challenge!
    Still hoping I can follow in your footsteps!!
    Workout #3 completed and burned 151 calories!!
  • Sbozek123
    Options
    Congrats on your first challenge completed! Very impressed that you stuck with it, cause it sure gets hard to at some points.

Tonight after Glee (lol) I will get in my 19th workout on my 2nd challenge. I still will hate those reverse high knee jumps - I can't stand them! lol. plan on working out all week so I can catch up on my one missed workout - I want to finish by next tuesday. I want to be done in one week. But I don;'t know what I'll do next......might go back to Sports Active for a month. I want to keep up my workouts, and hold strong, but boy am I itching for that new active to come out in November - pre ordering it next month after pay day! It's my ealy christmas present!!

Alright - time to head to my son's school to volunteer with vision testing! Otherwise I'd be getting some workouts in now! I need to get used to bike riding again. Maybe tomorrow! See you all later!!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Kind of just popped in here.. I have Wii Active and have only attempted the 30 day challenge once. I did not complete it - I would like to attempt it again sometime soon!

congratz kickrz on completing it!! Way to go!!! was just wondering what your final weigh in was at the end of the challenge?
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Sbozek - are you a Gleek? I totally am :)
    You can do this! You are the one that has stuck with me through the entire thread so at this point you kinda have to :wink:
    I cannot wait for the new EA! I am going to start Slim in 6 tomorrow I think. Also shhh don't tell but I cheated during high knee jumps :blushing: I drive my knee forward but don't jump...lol.

sundinsgurl - I have been so excited that I completed the challenge I forgot about my weight...lol. So starting weight - August 09/2010 - 154.5 and today - 142.4
    So in 6 weeks I lost 12.1lbs...not too shabby!