Calories I don't count

Options
I don't count my coffee calories. I will be drinking 1-2 cups of coffee everyday without fail the same way day in day out so I don't count them. I also don't count my supplements. I take a LOT of supplements and I noticed one pill could be 10 calories but I need these. I do stained glass so I handle lead and I need to take supplements to detox that lead out and I also take supplements to keep me healthy and prevent colds and infections I probably take close to 30 or 40 pills every morning.
Am I the only one who does this? Do all of y'all log everything?

Replies

• Lexandreia
    Options
    No, I keep track of calories like that too. I'm aware of morsel of food that goes into my mouth. I don't really log foods anymore but I have a good idea of how many calories each piece of food I have contains and use my hands to judge portion sizes. If you put cream or sugar in your coffee you should probably log those as well since they're about 30 cal per serving give or take separately.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I log everything, or I try to, I am a bite sneaker, sometimes. But, if you're taking 30-40 pills at 10 calories a pop, you could be substantially hindering your loss by not counting those.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I stopped counting after maintaining for over a year. When I was losing though, I really didn't count fruits and veggies, and most definitely not coffee. I had 4-5 servings of fruit daily too, but it never hindered my weight loss even with not accounting for their calories. It's not for everyone though.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I don't count chewing gum, since the 5 calories that each piece is usually gets burned by me chewing it. I used to not count cough drops until I found out one day they're about 25 calories a pop. Then usually if I'm sick I'm eating about 10 of those a day. It adds up!
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I don't count tea, without milk I think it's pretty much brown water anyway. I don't count salad veg such as lettuce, cucumber watercress etc and I don't count my daily cod liver oil capsule which, I guess, must have quite a few calories because it's oil. While I keep losing weight I won't worry about it.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I count everything.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't count my coffee calories. I will be drinking 1-2 cups of coffee everyday without fail the same way day in day out so I don't count them. I also don't count my supplements. I take a LOT of supplements and I noticed one pill could be 10 calories but I need these. I do stained glass so I handle lead and I need to take supplements to detox that lead out and I also take supplements to keep me healthy and prevent colds and infections I probably take close to 30 or 40 pills every morning.
    Am I the only one who does this? Do all of y'all log everything?

Exactly what are you taking to detox yourself from lead? I've never heard of this and unless it's doctor prescribed I would be highly wary.

If you are taking 40 pills at 10 calories each that is 400 calories. That is a huge difference and you need to track it. Now most likely many of these pills don't have calories (only my fish oil does that I take).
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    There are small things I don't count, such as coffee, supplements (though I don't take anywhere near 30-40 pills a day), or my one-packet a day Crystal Light habit, which is so diluted it barely has any calories left. I also don't count certain exercise calories that others count, such as shopping or housework or most yard work. I figured it all evens out in the end.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I don't count water, black tea or air. Otherwise it's worth counting.

What on earth are you taking that you need to take 40 pills every morning?
  • bluesmaven1
    Options

Exactly what are you taking to detox yourself from lead? I've never heard of this and unless it's doctor prescribed I would be highly wary.

If you are taking 40 pills at 10 calories each that is 400 calories. That is a huge difference and you need to track it. Now most likely many of these pills don't have calories (only my fish oil does that I take).

I take Milk Thistle it helps the liver. But I wear an anti-toxin mask when I solder but every time I touch lead some can be absorbed through my skin. The last time my blood was tested I was fine. There is getting to be quite a lot of research done on Milk Thistle and I would recommend anyone interested in trying it to check out the research first.

Most of my supplements don't have 10 cals just a couple do.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't count water, black tea or air. Otherwise it's worth counting.

What on earth are you taking that you need to take 40 pills every morning?

crikey....this!!!
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't count lettuce. It's almost impossible for me to figure out, since I don't have a scale, and, I know one 2 cups is only about 5-10 calories. If I was having trouble losing, I might reconsider. I do count the coffee, though, just because fluids are easier to measure.
  • bluesmaven1
    Options
    I take a lot of fish oil, garlic, vitamin d-3, magnesium, royal jelly (for my knee), Ip6/Inositol, Bee Propolis for my allergies, olive leaf extract, Gaba, Cordycepts Sinensis and a multi Maxine from Country Life, plus some multi-strain probiotics. The first 5 mentioned I take multiples of and that's where it adds up. I haven't even had a cold in over 3 years and I used to get them all the time. So scoff if you want but it works for me. I'm not advising anyone else to do this I just wondered if I should count the calories.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I don't count my morning coffee, although I do count the SF creamer I use in it. I don't count hot tea or my one diet coke/day. I don't count the SF gum (only chew when I'm working out). I also don't count my one square of dark chocolate I eat a day--because it allows me to still be a rebel. But I do count everything else.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    40 pills every morning sounds a bit scary...
  • bluesmaven1
    Options
    I love the rebel bit! I use stevia, aspartame seriously triggers my acid reflux so if I don't have my stevia with me I will use sugar or drink water. I've seen on here several people mention gum, is there a benefit to chewing gum?
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    A few of those supplements will have significant calories in, especially the fish oil, so I would definitely count the calories in them! My coffee calories alone come to 150-200 a day, and that's using 2% milk, so I would count those too, unless you take it black.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't count gum, coffee (but I do count the creamer), or vitamins but I agree with the above posters; maybe you are taking too many supplements? Just MHO. It might be upsetting your stomach taking that many?
  • bluesmaven1
    Options
    40 pills every morning sounds a bit scary...
    It's not like pharmaceuticals it more like food, my diet is deficient in certain things so I supplement. It's 3 small swallows of pills every morning with water. I am 55 and pretty active, my husband is 65 and drives a concrete truck which is physically demanding work and he works between 65 and 70 hours a week and he takes as many supplements as I do. I have never seen him sick at all. We also are on zero medicines no prescriptions nothing like that.