Calories I don't count

Options

Replies

• bluesmaven1
    Options
    They don't upset my stomach because I take them with my oatmeal in the morning. Usually anything that says the word "Light" will trigger my acid reflux because it usually has aspartame in it. Found that out with Walmart's brand of light yogurt. So I just eat the regular kind and count in the extra calories. I find natural is so much better for me than all these added chemicals.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I log everything apart from the one or 2 chips I usually take at work on the way out of the canteen to go for my ciggie break.

Other than that, if I have one square of chocolate, it gets logged! lol
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

Exactly what are you taking to detox yourself from lead? I've never heard of this and unless it's doctor prescribed I would be highly wary.

If you are taking 40 pills at 10 calories each that is 400 calories. That is a huge difference and you need to track it. Now most likely many of these pills don't have calories (only my fish oil does that I take).

I take Milk Thistle it helps the liver. But I wear an anti-toxin mask when I solder but every time I touch lead some can be absorbed through my skin. The last time my blood was tested I was fine. There is getting to be quite a lot of research done on Milk Thistle and I would recommend anyone interested in trying it to check out the research first.

Most of my supplements don't have 10 cals just a couple do.
    there is no peer reviewed evidence that milk thistle does anything for the liver
    http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/milk-thistle-benefits-and-side-effects

No offense in you sound like a supplement salesman s dream. In all likelihood you don't need the majority of them if you have a balanced diet.
  • bluesmaven1
    Options
    I've lived without the supplements sick and lived with them well, I'm sticking with well. There has been a lot of research on Milk Thistle showing it helps the liver done here at UT Southwestern Medical in Dallas.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Wait... coffee has calories? I mean coffee without milk, freeze-dried coffee has calories, fresh-brewed too? Tell me it ain't so.... :sad:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't count my coffee calories. I will be drinking 1-2 cups of coffee everyday without fail the same way day in day out so I don't count them. I also don't count my supplements. I take a LOT of supplements and I noticed one pill could be 10 calories but I need these. I do stained glass so I handle lead and I need to take supplements to detox that lead out and I also take supplements to keep me healthy and prevent colds and infections I probably take close to 30 or 40 pills every morning.
    Am I the only one who does this? Do all of y'all log everything?

It's OK. Your body keeps track of all the calories whether you do or not.

They all count.

Also, uh.... 30 to 40 pills every morning?

If you aren't trolling, that is extremely disturbing. You should not be doing that and that is not healthy.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I don't count coffee, but I do count the creamer that I use... and I would most definitely count the calories associated with your supplements.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    They don't upset my stomach because I take them with my oatmeal in the morning. Usually anything that says the word "Light" will trigger my acid reflux because it usually has aspartame in it. Found that out with Walmart's brand of light yogurt. So I just eat the regular kind and count in the extra calories. I find natural is so much better for me than all these added chemicals.

40 different pills is natural?

That's totally insane.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I log everything.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    So long as you don't come back in a month saying "I'm doing everything right, but still not losing", it'll be just fine.
  • bluesmaven1
    Options
    They are natural and I didn't say 40 different pills, I said 30-40 pills. I take multiples of Fish oil, Vit. D-3, Royal Jelly, Garlic and magnesium.

Maybe if I log them all I will have an easier time getting my calories in.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    They are natural and I didn't say 40 different pills, I said 30-40 pills. I take multiples of Fish oil, Vit. D-3, Royal Jelly, Garlic and magnesium.

Pills are by definition not natural.

30-40 pills is ridiculous and unhealthy. And extremely unnatural.
  • Rattius
    Rattius Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Though they can be burned off very quickly, I still count my calories from lettuce
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't count the sugar free gum that I chew or the occasional butterscotch hard candy (maybe 1 every other day). I do go ahead and count my coffee calories even though I drink my coffee black and there are hardly any calories. Otherwise I count everything.
  • bluesmaven1
    Options
    my loss has been pretty consistent so I shouldn't be saying that in a month. I've been on these supplements for years just haven't been on MFP for very long.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I do not count insects that I inadvertently ingest whilst running/riding
  • bluesmaven1
    Options

Pills are by definition not natural.

30-40 pills is ridiculous and unhealthy. And extremely unnatural.

maybe you should do some investigative research on these pills I have listed if you think they are so unhealthy. Personally, I know what works for me.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I rarely log anymore unless it's a day that isn't "normal". My routine is pretty set so I know what my calories are by dinner time. Then I just add up whatever I am eating for dinner and make sure it isn't too high.

:flamesuiton:
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I am tracking more than calories. I also track the other nutrients like the Vit A, C, D and Potassium. I noticed that I fall short in the potassium. So I am trying to eat more potassium rich stuff. With that in mind, I do add the 4 cups of green tea, because each cup gives me 15 mg which gives me 60 mg. Also, adding the suppliments in your diary may not mean much in the calorie department, but they do if you are tracking the other nutrients.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I don't count them, I look at my micros and then macros.