Calories I don't count

Options

Replies

• action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I log my coffee and my vitamins and stuff. In fact, I saved them all as a "meal".
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Heck I don't count food that you should count sometimes, ie pizza, hamburgers, beer, scotch because I already know I'll be over. Those are treat days. Sometimes I can't find what I am looking up so I guess. Personally, I don't think a 10 calorie items it what is going to break you. I think you look at quality, portions, and not overdoing the bad items.
  • action_figure
    Options
    I do not count insects that I inadvertently ingest whilst running/riding

Slacker. Carry your digital scale with you and weigh yourself immediately after eating that bug! Count it all!!!! ;)

I don't need to include the actual sarcasm tag do I?
  • action_figure
    Options
    Heck I don't count food that you should count sometimes, ie pizza, hamburgers, beer, scotch because I already know I'll be over. Those are treat days. Sometimes I can't find what I am looking up so I guess. Personally, I don't think a 10 calorie items it what is going to break you. I think you look at quality, portions, and not overdoing the bad items.

I definitely log my binges. I know I'll be over, but knowing that I have to log it sometimes will help me choose whether I "really" want it or not. Also, I go through every couple of months and check for patterns: ie, did I end up binging because I made poor breakfast choices consistently? Was I dehydrated, etc. etc. etc? Also, I'm trying to really adhere to the "You ate it, you OWN it." mentality.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't log my coffee but I do log the almond milk or coffee whitener that I use. Sometimes if I'm making a salad and I have just a few pieces of pepper or a sliver of onion I don't bother recording that.

I have to say, you remind me of my in-laws. They take so many "natural" supplements on a daily basis and I have no idea why! They spend an awful lot of time analyzing ever ache and pain they have and looking for some natural cure all for it. But maybe as I age I won't like how I feel either! :-)

Just for the record, I haven't had the flu, cold or any infection in over 3 years either and I don't take anything! But I'd like to attribute that to the excessive amount of rum in my system, I'm well sterilized on the inside!:drinker:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who does this? Do all of y'all log everything?
    I log everything I just don't log everything every day. I used to log obsessively until I did a little research and found out that the margin of error on food labels is pretty significant anyway. I count coffee some days and some days I don't.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who does this? Do all of y'all log everything?
    I log everything I just don't log everything every day. I used to log obsessively until I did a little research and found out that the margin of error on food labels is pretty significant anyway. I count coffee some days and some days I don't.

So because there is a margin of error, your response was to make it larger?
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't like things like diet coke etc
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I don't like weasels or things that are made of paper.

Let's be friends!
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't log mints =)
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I generally don't count coffee with milk calories because I also don't log walking to the loo as a cardio exercise:) I reakon they will cancel each other out. But if you've got that level of dedication praise to you.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea, water, sugarless gum, mustard or spices (I don't usually use the spice mixes that may have sugar added) . I log everything else- including vitamins and coffee.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

I don't like weasels or things that are made of paper.

Let's be friends!

I don't like balloons or those little sweet and sour sauce packets that come with Chinese food.

Hey, this game is fun!
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    I generally don't count coffee with milk calories because I also don't log walking to the loo as a cardio exercise:) I reakon they will cancel each other out. But if you've got that level of dedication praise to you.

Ah, but you do log it as exercise. Where do you think the difference between BMR, RMR and TDEE comes from?
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Unless you can somehow convince your body not to process the calories you are leaving out, I would count them all.
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Ah, but you do log it as exercise. Where do you think the difference between BMR, RMR and TDEE comes from?

Before I awnser that I'm going to have to look up BMF and RMR :)
  • cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you take all your daily supplements and save them in the system as a new "Meal" - that way you only have to click once (in the quick tool i believe) to add them all for the day :)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i log my coffee.
    i log 1 skittle.
    i log one bite of a cookie.
    i log mustard.
    i log gum.

i log everything.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't count supplements or vitamins , I don't keep track or log water, I don't log or count spices either, unless they are part of a particular recipe (I don't use salt in my food), and I don't count chewing gum.

I do log my black coffee or green tea (with splenda), and all fruits and vegetables, with the exception of the leaf of lettuce in a sandwich.