Nope she doesn't.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    lipo.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I think it's fat shaming, personally. I agree with the person above who said that it's not necessarily an excuse, but a different priority for a lot of people... And IMO it's not her place to label people's priorities as 'excuses'. And looking like she does really is not necessary to be healthy (and probably impossible for a lot of women).. so I think it's a bit uncalled for.

For what it's worth, I found her apology even worse, lol.

I honestly think it's aimed at the folks who want to have a fit body but make excuses to not put forth the effort to get what they want and whine about not having it.
  • malibulu
    Options
    No apology needed, she is who she it. Fair play to her!

Unfortunately I am not lucky enough to shrink back into shape quite so well as I spent my whole life up to age 30 as a fatty...Im Uber stretched and Im trying to rectify that problem by educating MY 3 children not to make the same mistake as I did...

Well done"hot mum" :-) I am really pleased you've bounced back so well.

I hope one day to have a body I'm ok with...As long as its a bit less wobbly than right now, and more in proportion I'll be fine...and I hope that even though I don't and won't ever look like "hot mum", I don't want to be "hot" to everyone...Just hoping one day I find a guy that finds me hot :-) That'll do for me :-)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    tactless and arrogant

The picture is trolling and she got the response the trolled for.
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No - she is proud of her body and rightly so.
  • outspan87
    outspan87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The media need to stop siding with people who can't take responsibility and apologize to her
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Its easy for someone loaded to think they are typical and therefore everyone else is the same. If she had to get up and do a full days work and then an evening shift every night she may not look so sparkly.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    She's awesome. That is dedication right there. You can still find the time to exercise even with a full time job and a loaded plate. I am a single mother of two little boys and I work full-time. I still find the time to get my butt to the gym and do pilates, etc at home.

I am kid-free today. I was out last night with friends. Got to bed about 2am. Woke up with a charlie horse at some point...and now up at 7 to drink 24 ounces of water, coffee and heading to the gym about 8:30. Then cleaning, groceries and making dinner. I will sit and relax at some point!! :laugh:

But it takes dedication! :)
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    YES SHE SHOULD APOLOGIZE ESPECIALLY TO ME PERSONALLY BECAUASE OF MY OFFFENSE TAKEN TO HER PICTURE. I DID NOT AKS FOR THIS AND BY JSUT THROWIGN IT OUT THERE FOR PUBIC CONFUMPTION SHE HAS OFFENSED ME. THE END.
  • sarsons2
    Options
    Although she shouldn't have chosen the tag line "whats your excuse?" Thank would have helped stop any complaints
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    She does not need to apologize. She looks great. I'd like to know how she can do it with 3 kids im struggling to get a 30 min walk in each day! Im a single mother of 1 kid a student and a business owner I don't have a sitter or gym membership so I could use a few tips from her lol
  • Jacahu
    Jacahu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I say absolutely not! She looks amazing and she should be proud of the hard work she has put in to look that way.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    YES SHE SHOULD APOLOGIZE ESPECIALLY TO ME PERSONALLY BECAUASE OF MY OFFFENSE TAKEN TO HER PICTURE. I DID NOT AKS FOR THIS AND BY JSUT THROWIGN IT OUT THERE FOR PUBIC CONFUMPTION SHE HAS OFFENSED ME. THE END.
    tumblr_mhswbuwTt61rvner1o1_500.gif
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Anyone can have a body like hers if they just put in the time and dedication. Put down the twinkies and hop on the treadmill. Push away from the table and push some weight.

I have no problem with her photo, but the above statement is false. First of all, genetics plays a role. No matter how much weight I lose, I will always have a big *kitten*. That's how I'm shaped and it's fine. Second, personal weight history plays a role. She was overweight and battled bulimia. I think I read somewhere that she was 25 lbs overweight at one point. I have been obese for nearly 20 years. That has put tremendous wear and tear on my body that I will never fully recover from. Third, age is a factor. I don't know how old she is but I'm 99% sure she's not my age -- 47. No matter how many hours I spend working out, no matter how much weight I lose. I will never look like her.

I've worked really hard to get where I am today, and I continue to work hard every day, and will keep working hard until the day I die. But I will never look like a 30 year old fitness model. Please don't be so dismissive.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Nope, she does not need to apologize.
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I thought of something else.

If this motivational poster had been a picture of her with her three kids (dressed in normal clothes) and then a picture of her actually working out with the slogan "What's your excuse?" over it then I wouldn't have had a problem. Because that would have implied that the process (actually getting off your butt and working out) is what you have no excuse for. Almost everyone can get physical exercise to some degree. But because the picture is just of her in skimpy clothing looking hot, with that slogan, it's the final product (the hot body with the 6-pack abs) that she's saying there's no excuse for. And as many people have said in this thread, that's something that most people, no matter how hard they work, cannot achieve.