Does "Hot Mom" Need to Apologize?

Options

Replies

• Heather_RT
    Heather_RT Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know the TRUTH behind that body. Did she get ANY help....more than most "normal" people on average annual incomes? Or...did she have a personal trainer, and some major child care assistance (i.e., a nanny or two) AND did she perhaps have any plastic surgery?? I mean, if she is going to flaunt her body and taunt other mothers out there, saying "What's your excuse?" it should be on even playing field. Perception is NOT reality.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Its probably a whole lot easier to stay in shape through 3 pregnancies than to *get* in shape after the fact. She probably hasn't *ever* been "fat".

So the 'fatter' you've been, the more valid the excuse?

The fatter you allow yourself to get the harder it will be for you. But it can be done and there are several shining examples on MFP. It is unfortunate when children grow up obese since childhood. Parents needed to be more assertive and set the example. Anyway, I've also had 3 preg, but still had to bust my *kitten* every time to get back in shape.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I'd like to know the TRUTH behind that body. Did she get ANY help....more than most "normal" people on average annual incomes? Or...did she have a personal trainer, and some major child care assistance (i.e., a nanny or two) AND did she perhaps have any plastic surgery?? I mean, if she is going to flaunt her body and taunt other mothers out there, saying "What's your excuse?" it should be on even playing field. Perception is NOT reality.

Go read her blog. She states that she has help from her husband and the gym daycare to handle her kids when she works out. She also says she exercises for 30-60 minutes a day. She also has stretch marks on her stomach.

Why does there have to be a "TRUTH" behind her body or plastic surgery done to make her look that hot? Anyone can have a body like hers if they just put in the time and dedication. Put down the twinkies and hop on the treadmill. Push away from the table and push some weight.

Again, it's just another way to hate on someone who obviously has worked hard to get to where she is. Why can't people just be happy for someone's accomplishment?
  • ImRemko
    ImRemko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Apologize? For what? People should stop looking for reasons to be offended. Come across something you don't like? Don't give it any more attention and move along. Whoever is offended by this picture has some bigger problems than the picture itself.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    It is a very sad day indeed, when the mere mention of "hey, I'm healthy and fit" is considered "fat shaming."
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

You don't need all that to have a banging bod. You need some self control in the kitchen and a few hours a week to workout. It's about priorities. How much tv does the avg person watch? How much time do they spend on the net? Hell, you can even have a good workout while watching tv. I have an 8 month old. You should see her giggle as I do my squats.
  • awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 month old. You should see her giggle as I do my squats.

OMG LOVE
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

OMG LOVE

Sometimes I do them holding her. She loves it!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people were offended by it. It is probably the people that use having kids as an excuse to why they are unhealthy and overweight that got offended. Good for her!
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just think the whole thing is stand-offish. "What's your excuse?" doesn't really come across as encouraging, but accusatory.

"I did it, and you can too!" I think would have been more helpful, followed by a link to her site for tips.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I just think the whole thing is stand-offish. "What's your excuse?" doesn't really come across as encouraging, but accusatory.

"I did it, and you can too!" I think would have been more helpful, followed by a link to her site for tips.

I disagree. It makes you think. I see that and think "Well, nothing I guess". I think it's pretty motivating IMO.
  • awise19
    Options

Because we are children?
    Again this goes back to being to sensitive.
    We are adults, should be treated as such and at a cetain point lets be honest it is time to get a kick in the *kitten*.
    No more babying everyone.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

I agree. It's not her place to question my personal priorities when she doesn't know me. Maybe my 'excuse' is that I don't WANT to be able to cut diamonds with my abs, maybe dropping my 90 pounds is good enough for me.

That being said I do believe she's trying to be sincere in helping people.
  • awise19
    Options

OMG LOVE

Sometimes I do them holding her. She loves it!

Haha, I bet she does! I can't wait to have children so I can show them how to be healthy and fit and do stuff like this! A trainer in my gym brings her daughter and they do little workouts together and it is the cutest thing I have ever seen. The little girl has 2 pound weights doing dumbbell bench presses. haha adorable.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Because we are children?
    We are adults, should be treated as such and at a cetain point lets be honest it is time to get a kick in the *kitten*.

This is not about sensitivity. Her ad is treating me like a child. I am an adult, and I have my own reasons for doing what I do.
  • singitella
    Options
    It might have been less offensive if she said, "I make no excuses" instead of, "What's YOUR excuse?". People don't tend to appreciate it when you point out their flaws. Especially if you appear flawless.

I know this woman who is 5'10" and 130 who constantly talks about how fat her butt is. I thought she was just insecure until she mentioned being in line at the grocery store behind this "disgusting fat pig" and said she wanted to shake her and ask her why she was "so freaking fat". I avoid this woman at all cost now.

A good rule of thumb is to keep your eyes on your own mat.
  • singitella
    Options
    If you hire a personal trainer, I think it's expected for them to ask a similar question. Women (and moms, especially) bash each other far too often. That said, the inflammatory reaction to this has made this quite visible. Shock and awe marketing.
  • awise19
    Options

Because we are children?

This is not about sensitivity. Her ad is treating me like a child. I am an adult, and I have my own reasons for doing what I do.

Maybe you should read my previous huge post about why you reasons for doing it is what she is saying! This women isn't talking to people like you who are doing what they need to feel healthy and happy. She is talking to the people that are doing nothing. She is saying she has kids, she owns 2 businesses and she makes time to focus on HER. She is saying everyone should do this and there is LITERALLY no excuse. Stop crying because you don't want the same things and have a different reason for doing this because this ad isn't for you if you are doing it. And again, sometimes it has to be broken done to something as simple as, what is your excuse? To really think wow, I clearly don't have one for people that aren't doing anything!
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Yes, Im tired of her crap
  • awise19
    Options
    It might have been less offensive if she said, "I make no excuses" instead of, "What's YOUR excuse?". People don't tend to appreciate it when you point out their flaws. Especially if you appear flawless.

I know this woman who is 5'10" and 130 who constantly talks about how fat her butt is. I thought she was just insecure until she mentioned being in line at the grocery store behind this "disgusting fat pig" and said she wanted to shake her and ask her why she was "so freaking fat". I avoid this woman at all cost now.

A good rule of thumb is to keep your eyes on your own mat.

Now that women is just rude.....
    I would also stay away from her. Ew.