Does "Hot Mom" Need to Apologize?

Options

Replies

• Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    umnogirl_zps555e698a.gif

She doesn't owe anyone an apology. It looks like she worked her *kitten* off to get to where she is at, and if you know anyone who has had a baby, getting that baby weight off is hard. She rocks, and I think this photo was meant for motivation, rather than fat shaming. People are most likely pulling the "She's fat shaming " card because they're too lazy to get off their butts and do something about their body, and they're envious.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I can't help but notice that none of the people getting their panties in a bunch over this woman are those that have reached their fitness goals.

Just.

Sayin.

Wrong. Look at my ticker.

I have looked at your ticker. It says you're halfway to your goal (congratulations). So you have not reached your goal yet. Thank you for proving my point.

Then I must have misunderstood your point. People who have NOT reached their goal DO have their panties in a bunch? DO NOT have their panties in a bunch? Want to bunch their panties when they reach their goal? So are my panties bunched or smooth or what? Totally confused now.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've got a friend who looks better than her, has 12 kids, was bought up by Wild dogs, is a billionaire and has a masters and has been to the moon twice in a rocket she built herself, oh and did I mention she's blind? Well she wants to know what fit moms' excuse is?

What's your friend's excuse for not have a doctorate?

She was busy finding a cure for cancer and translating the bible into 3 long lost ancient languages written in her own blood this week. Getting a doctorate is so beneath her....
  • BabyDmama
    BabyDmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    NO!! No reason to apologize! She is right.. There really is NO reason to be unhealthy!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    So... this woman has been in the news this week. Former model, 3 kids under 3, rockin' bod, posts this picture, and hate mail ensued.

kWGHBXL.jpg

Apparently, this has caused many people to get their proverbial panties in a bunch.
    They claim she's fat shaming.

Is she?
    Where is the line between fat shaming, health, and non-model reality?

What excuses have we made for ourselves?

What excuses do we continue to make?

Does she owe an apology?

I say no.

What if Hot mom's significant other earns a 7 figure quarterly bonus on top of a 7 figure salary, , can afford a team of child minders for each kid and not have a job to go to?

"Hot Mom" is basically saying that regardless of your circumstances, you should be embarrassed for not being fit, healthy and hot.

If ' hot mom' worked a job, was a full time parent as well as a full time employee, then maybe she could rightly say she found a way. For every day people, who is anyone to judge the reasons preventing a person from being hot,fit and healthy?

I don't think she's all that to be honest...I have had better.

Oh, you're curious about her circumstances huh? It's too bad you don't have internet access so you can look up all this information you are just so curious to have. Google is your friend!
    To the poster who said they have had better
    Her hubby has a traumatic brain injury and does not work except volunteering and she owns and operates her own company and works full time. She also makes the time to workout 5 to 6 days a week and includes her kids in some of those workouts.
    sounds to me like you are the type of person that would tear someone down if they god forbid tried to build themselves up around you.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    people are such *****s!
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    She looks great and she wasnt handed that body, she worked HARD at it, as most people on here do! its not easy to keep a body like that!!! thats motivation for me!!
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    She doesn't need to apologize, but she did. And what she said, in my opinion, was brilliant!
    “I'm sorry you took an image and resonated with it in such a negative way. I won't go into details that I struggled with my genetics, had an eating disorder, work full time owning two businesses, have no nanny, am not naturally skinny and do not work as a personal trainer,” she wrote, in part. “What I WILL say is this. What you interpret is not MY fault. It's yours. The first step in owning your life, your body and your destiny is to OWN the thoughts that come out of your own head. I didn't create them. You created them. So if you want to continue ‘hating’ this image, get used to hating many other things for the rest of your life.”
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I can't help but notice that none of the people getting their panties in a bunch over this woman are those that have reached their fitness goals.

Just.

Sayin.

I have looked at your ticker. It says you're halfway to your goal (congratulations). So you have not reached your goal yet. Thank you for proving my point.

Then I must have misunderstood your point. People who have NOT reached their goal DO have their panties in a bunch? DO NOT have their panties in a bunch? Want to bunch their panties when they reach their goal? So are my panties bunched or smooth or what? Totally confused now.

I think what the person is saying is that the women who are not upset with the pic are women who are fit and healthy and the ones that are upset are people who are over weight.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Cause I dont think I've given my opinion on this post about this topic.

Hell yeah she does. She needs to apologize for spending the family money getting portraits done when her husband is at home starving with no sammiches.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Just.

Sayin.

I don't have a fitness goal. I have a weight goal, and her ad suggests that if I don't have the same goals as she does, then I'm just full of excuses. *shrug*

Just sayin.

To lose weight IS to get fit. So yes, you do have a fitness goal.

Getting 'fit' isn't just about weight loss - and the original ad's suggestion is not about losing weight and you know it.

Actually, it is not specified whether it was about fitness or weight loss, (not that it matters in the slightest in reference to this picture in question) and adding "and you know it" does not make you sound smarter or add strength to your argument. Quite the opposite, unfortunately. Womp womp.

Actually, because I'm right, it does.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Had to chime in again... LOL

AND....

We have to stop enabling people. Half of the problem is that we are so worried about hurting someone feeling we accept obesity, We accept laziness, We accept much lower standards in all aspects of life.

^^THIS, oh SO this!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! She worked her tail off and it shows. Haters are gonna hate!! They are just jealous!!!
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Of course not. shes worked hard to be healthy for herself and her kids.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Does she owe an apology?

I say no.

I say it's up to her. She would only owe an apology if she felt one was deserved. If she feels she sent the wrong message, then apologize and clarify what you meant. If not, then just go on with enjoying the accidental* publicity you have wrought.

*I don't believe it was accidental. I think it was a well-planned publicity maneuver that seems to have worked quite well.
  • jimethanowen
    Options
    I also think she doesn't need to apologize. She also wasn't talking to all of out here either so those who are offended, she wasn't talking you you! You can certainly have your own opinion, but to say hurtful things is just a disgrace and something you shouldn't be proud of!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Don't know. Don't care.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    My priorities are different then hers, so That's my excuse. Do I give her credit? Hell to the YES - she looks great, and she manages her kids and work and still have tons of time for the fitness level she wanted.

While I am not a mom, I work full time in management during the day (45-50 hour weeks), & just started my own company (working part time from home in my off hours, about 20 hours a week), and do non-profit volunteer work. so between 2 jobs and volunteering, I don't have that kind of time, as I need to work both jobs to support myself. While I've lost the weight and gotten healthy, and I feel GREAT - having that body isn't my priority at this time.

To each his own.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

Just.

Sayin.

I think what the person is saying is that the women who are not upset with the pic are women who are fit and healthy and the ones that are upset are people who are over weight.

That's what I thought she meant. I have no problem with the pic or the message.

I have a problem with the poster who said that anyone can have a body like that if they just put down the twinkies and work out. I don't have a body like that and I never will (because of genetics, personal weight history, age, etc etc). I've worked damn hard to be where I am and I will continue to work hard. Just because I will never have a body like that doesn't mean I'm sitting around shoving twinkies in my mouth. But oh well...the poster who pissed me off has disappeared so I'm talking to myself now. :smile:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    NO!! No reason to apologize! She is right.. There really is NO reason to be unhealthy!
    People have physical disabilities. People suffer from chronic pain. People have to take medications that make them fat, in order to stay alive. People have degenerative diseases that are destroying their joints. It's a lot harder for some people to do something healthy than it is for this young woman, let alone for them to focus on how they look. That's not a reason to send her hate mail, just a reason to ignore her.