Does "Hot Mom" Need to Apologize?

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    No need to apologise but that sort of fitspo doesn't do anything for me. I prefer before and after success stories. They don't have to be as ripped has her but the fact that someone brought their body from an unhealthy point to healthy inspires me more. Not everyone is like me though and if it does inspire people then that's fantastic.

Bring on geekspo! We should all be inspired to be more geeky!

Stephen-Hawking-Quotes.jpg
    What's your excuse?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't think that being fit is that much of an accomplishment, unless you're an amputee or have rheumatoid arthritis, in which case, you are my inspiration.

It's not an accomplishment in the same way other things are all on it's, but it is a personal accomplishment (just like quitting smoking or other things like that are) and it can be a fringe benefit of other accomplishments that utilize the body. Just because something involves the body and has the fringe benefit of a fit appearance does not mean it is any less of an accomplishment than other endeavors in life.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Abandon-thread.gif
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    NO!! No reason to apologize! She is right.. There really is NO reason to be unhealthy!
    People have physical disabilities. People suffer from chronic pain. People have to take medications that make them fat, in order to stay alive. People have degenerative diseases that are destroying their joints. It's a lot harder for some people to do something healthy than it is for this young woman, let alone for them to focus on how they look. That's not a reason to send her hate mail, just a reason to ignore her.

Agreed. Not everyone is in the circumstance to be able to look like this. It's a little smarmy of her to do this and moreover shows that she is ignorant that other people aren't able-bodied or financially able to commit the time and resources in the same manner. In her interview her message was that mother's often put their own needs on the backburner and don't take time for themselves to work out and eat properly. I think that is a great message, I just think the way she went about it wasn't the right way. I don't know if I believe it's fat-shaming, but I think it just shows a total lack of compassion and understanding of the various circumstances of others.