Rude and Unsupportive Posts.

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Just because someone doesn't agree doesn't make them rude or unsupportive. It's all in the delivery of the message, some times.

What works for one may not work for another; it doesn't make it wrong. It just makes it what it is. If someone says detoxing works for them, and they are healthy more power to them. We don't have to agree to be considered supportive. They are points of views - and, personally, I prefer not to have anyone shoving their opinions down my throat and pointing fingers. And, I won't do it to them either.
    YES. Exactly. And it would be great if we could all remember that everyone is on a slightly different journey, and a different point on that journey. Some have just begun. Some are career dieters. Some got lucky and kept the weight off the first time, some are here to try again.

Ganging up on someone just because they use the word "clean" or ask something about "cauliflower" is absurd.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mty33zrgK91shagmfo2_250.gif

I'm sad that I even know what episode of what show that is.
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you suggest replacing some food with a cauliflower substitute, some people will laugh at you.

You can either whine and cry at that point, or you can be a big boy/girl and ignore those people.

Or a brownie recipe with applesauce as one of the ingredients. Ick...I'll take my 225 calorie Betty Crocker one and just budget my calories for the day. Geez! :laugh:

Believe me, I love food and I don't want to eat mock recipes for the rest of my life. I respect your opinion, and if I could, I would keep the oil in the recipe...but, it would take most of my fat grams for the day. So for me, replacing oil with applesauce is a godsend if I want to indulge in a piece of cake and still try to lose. So, I am glad people post these type of recipes, however unconventional they may seem. I can take the best, and leave the rest.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mty33zrgK91shagmfo2_250.gif

I'm sad that I even know what episode of what show that is.

Me too 3 faces of Phoebe I believe? Lol. Love Charmed!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    ]
    If you suggest replacing some food with a cauliflower substitute, some people will laugh at you.

You can either whine and cry at that point, or you can be a big boy/girl and ignore those people.

Or a brownie recipe with applesauce as one of the ingredients. Ick...I'll take my 225 calorie Betty Crocker one and just budget my calories for the day. Geez! :laugh:

Believe me, I love food and I don't want to eat mock recipes for the rest of my life. I respect your opinion, and if I could, I would keep the oil in the recipe...but, it would take most of my fat grams for the day. So for me, replacing oil with applesauce is a godsend if I want to indulge in a piece of cake and still try to lose. So, I am glad people post these type of recipes, however unconventional they may seem. I can take the best, and leave the rest.
    [/quote]

Treat fat as a minimum. There's no problem with high fat intake as long as it doesn't interfere with your protein intake.

Fat is yummy.

If a 225 calorie brownie has half your fat intake, you're probably not getting enough fat.
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ]

Treat fat as a minimum. There's no problem with high fat intake as long as it doesn't interfere with your protein intake.

Fat is yummy.

If a 225 calorie brownie has half your fat intake, you're probably not getting enough fat.
    [/quote]

Well, I am only allowed 20-27 grams of fat per day due to a medical condition...soooo, if I ate the brownie, I would be eating non fat yogurt and veggies all day.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    ]

Fat is yummy.

Well, I am only allowed 20-27 grams of fat per day due to a medical condition...soooo, if I ate the brownie, I would be eating non fat yogurt and veggies all day.
    [/quote]

Ah my apologies.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    By the title, I thought you were talking about how someone is nice enough to post a recipe, then 10 people pick it apart and jump down their throat because it's not to their liking. Lots of trolls on this site...it's like being back in grade school.
    And there's that word again ....

Soeey, but if you post a recipe for pasta sauce poured over lettuce and call it lasagna, people are going to laugh at you.

This is a site where people are trying to lose weight. Why should you "laugh" at

or "bully" someone because you don't like the recipe? That's being childish....move on. When I see a new recipe, I like to see if people have made it as well and hear their honest opinion, not some bs and grade school humor. This site is to help people lose weight, I don't want a recipe for a nutella pie or full fat lasagna.

I don't think you fully understand the site you joined...

hint: it isn't just for losing weight...
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    You have an interesting perspective on yourself.

Here's an oldie but a goodie

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1114757-do-sugarphobes-also-avoid-drinking-any-alcohol

To me you often come across as helpful (if someone wants to know what you believe to do what you believe). And you often come off as an arrogant know it all (who really, really really doesn't).

And other times your username is eponymous.

cheers

:yawn:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1114757-do-sugarphobes-also-avoid-drinking-any-alcohol

To me you often come across as helpful (if someone wants to know what you believe to do what you believe). And you often come off as an arrogant know it all (who really, really really doesn't).

cheers

NOW you get it!
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

cheers

NOW you get it!

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sigh...............................
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    sigh...............................

tell me about it. :huh:
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    It's about impossible to argue someone into the truth if they've made up their opinion already. The best you can hope for is to toss them a few kernels of valid information and hope that it causes them to start thinking critically. People are more apt to believe something if they think they came up with the idea.

So essentially, while you, personally, are on the right page and trying to convince people what you know is right, you're never going to convince a lot of these people because they just won't hear it. No matter how many people support your viewpoint. People will ignore the dissenting evidence and cherry pick what they want to hear. A lot of us have been down this path before and ran into the exact same thing, and that is why we're less apt to try to convince people with evidence and let them sort it out on their own.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    55% is quite a high survival rate, actually. And it can even be as high as 61% according to this cancer.org article. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/pancreaticcancer/detailedguide/pancreatic-cancer-survival-rates

Basically, he had a 50/50 chance of getting to the five-year mark. He got there and surpassed it.

But if what that Forbes article states is true (and that's from a biographer, not Jobs, his doctors or his family, so ....), he didn't take the smart road trying to treat cancer with diet. Maybe he would have beat it. But he had an almost equal chance of not. Pancreatic cancer is not something you want.

My grandfather died of it and a woman my granfather lived with after his second wife died, too, and I'm pretty much terrified of it. Obviously, I'm only genetically linked to one of those people, but it's still scary.
    HE DID TREAT it. And had a liver transplant. AND it returned. And the survival rate when it returns after the liver transplant is not 50/50.
    I'm sorry it's so much a part of your life. That's quite stressful.
    But if you read the Forbes article, it says he waited nine months between diagnosis and conventional treatment and attempted a "cure" through diet and exercise.

Nine months in the world of cancer treatment is a lifetime.
    And I've read that in his case (the slow moving rare form) it wouldn't have changed the outcome. who know if it would. What happened happened.

Sabine, I apologize for over reacting to this conversation. It hit a nerve. :flowerforyou:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Again with the drama.... so much DRAMA on this forum... *scary background music* 'BEWARE The Dangers Of Juicing!'.

What's the worst that could happen - the lid falls off the juicer and the kitchen is pebbledashed with blueberries? :laugh:

Oh, I see. So the actual dangers are a joke to you.
    Got it.

There are ACTUAL dangers from juicing? *strokes beard* *raises eyebrow* Tell me more...

You must have missed the post where a woman was planning on juice fasting for 100 days, refeeding for 21? days, and then juice fast for another 100.

I know you think you are being clever, but no one here has said that having the occasional juice is a bad thing.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    You must have missed the post where a woman was planning on juice fasting for 100 days, refeeding for 21? days, and then juice fast for another 100.

She's got nothing on me - I'm planning to scale Everest without thermal underwear OR gloves. :glasses:
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    This is all new to me.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Again with the drama.... so much DRAMA on this forum... *scary background music* 'BEWARE The Dangers Of Juicing!'.

What's the worst that could happen - the lid falls off the juicer and the kitchen is pebbledashed with blueberries? :laugh:

Oh, I see. So the actual dangers are a joke to you.
    Got it.

There are ACTUAL dangers from juicing? *strokes beard* *raises eyebrow* Tell me more...

I know you think you are being clever, but no one here has said that having the occasional juice is a bad thing.
    I saw that thread. While it was extreme, she was totally serious and livid that folks were telling her it was bad. She actually said their comments made her more determined (wtf?).
    No one is saying juice is bad, or juicing is bad (at least I haven't seen that), but I do know that folks fake misunderstanding on here often. Especially on the "clean" threads, so who knows.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    55% is quite a high survival rate, actually. And it can even be as high as 61% according to this cancer.org article. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/pancreaticcancer/detailedguide/pancreatic-cancer-survival-rates

Basically, he had a 50/50 chance of getting to the five-year mark. He got there and surpassed it.

But if what that Forbes article states is true (and that's from a biographer, not Jobs, his doctors or his family, so ....), he didn't take the smart road trying to treat cancer with diet. Maybe he would have beat it. But he had an almost equal chance of not. Pancreatic cancer is not something you want.

My grandfather died of it and a woman my granfather lived with after his second wife died, too, and I'm pretty much terrified of it. Obviously, I'm only genetically linked to one of those people, but it's still scary.
    HE DID TREAT it. And had a liver transplant. AND it returned. And the survival rate when it returns after the liver transplant is not 50/50.
    I'm sorry it's so much a part of your life. That's quite stressful.
    But if you read the Forbes article, it says he waited nine months between diagnosis and conventional treatment and attempted a "cure" through diet and exercise.

Nine months in the world of cancer treatment is a lifetime.
    And I've read that in his case (the slow moving rare form) it wouldn't have changed the outcome. who know if it would. What happened happened.

Sabine, I apologize for over reacting to this conversation. It hit a nerve. :flowerforyou:
    No worries. I get it. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.