Women / Large Bra Sizes

Options
CookNLift
CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
Does it cost more to buy larger sizes? Economically speaking, I would assume more fabric would equal more money.

Please discuss.
:devil:

Replies

• KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yeah it does.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    in4 bewbs :love:
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Not that I've ever noticed.

But I get your theory...it always infuriates me that kids clothes cost so much...they're so much tinier! lol
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, depends on the brand and stuff. I'm nursing right now, and I actually just go and buy regular non-nursing bras that I like and then alter them myself into nursing bras. The nursing ones are even more expensive.

**Edit: I used to work at VS, and some of the larger sized bras were like $2 more than the smaller sizes.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you're going over 36-38 inches. Also depends on the brand, style, etc...
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I buy my bras at Lane Bryant.

I bet you can use my Cup as a pillow.

Wanna find out?
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I just went to VS and chose a bra in my size and one that was a 40DDD and they were the same price. I have never noticed it but I would imagine if you had to special order it may increase the price.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    From my experience, it's more the fact that you have to actually get a nice quality bra and those end up costing more. You can't just go out and buy a cheap easy bra, it's much more of a process than that. Also not as many stores carry the size you may need so it's more of a specialty item so they usually cost more.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I think it's availability that's the biggest issue. If I could wear a 40 DD I could pick it up at a Walmart for $20. Make the cup size a J in the US or a GG in the UK and my bras end up between $81 and $160.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    It sure does, Puddin'. Also, I can only order my size online.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I think it's availability that's the biggest issue. If I could wear a 40 DD I could pick it up at a Walmart for $20. Make the cup size a J in the US or a GG in the UK and my bras end up between $81 and $160.

Yup. I wouldn't say it's a bust size issue, as mentioned earlier. My bust is 37 inches; I can get a poor fitting 34DD at Target for $10, or the nicer Panache 32E for $50. If I want my more accurate size, I can only find it at Nordstrom, for example.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Does it cost more to buy larger sizes? Economically speaking, I would assume more fabric would equal more money.

Please discuss.

no pics?

soniamdisappoint.png
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options

Please discuss.

Yes, a lot more. I can't go to sears or some random department store to get my size. It SUCKS.

ALSO, good way to get the hotties out with the big boobies. Kudos to you sweetness!
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    Waiting on boobs.
  • _Bajiggity
    _Bajiggity Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I dont know mine are average size.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Yes it does

Luckily I don't that that problem anymore.....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Please discuss.
    I'm a 36DD/34DD (depending on the day) and mine aren't more expensive. But I think when you get into the really huge sizes that you can't find in regular stores, you're going to pay a lot more.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    It most definitely does. Thankfully the selection has come a long way over the years. :laugh:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

Please discuss.

Yes, a lot more. I can't go to sears or some random department store to get my size. It SUCKS.

ALSO, good way to get the hotties out with the big boobies. Kudos to you sweetness!

Yes. And you can't even shop in stores, but instead have to go online and buy six or seven and then send 5 back all the time. :frown:
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Yup. I wouldn't say it's a bust size issue, as mentioned earlier. My bust is 37 inches; I can get a poor fitting 34DD at Target for $10, or the nicer Panache 32E for $50. If I want my more accurate size, I can only find it at Nordstrom, for example.

I go to nordstrom! Small band size + big cup size= pain in the *kitten* to find!