Women / Large Bra Sizes

Options

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    If you want comfort, proper coverage and lift, it will cost you more. If I find one under $50 that is because it is on sale.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    At leat we know what op is doing now

R0JdhWa.jpg
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Basically, yes. I can't buy a $20 Target bra b/c they don't carry 34G. I guess I could get a 40DD and be uncomfortable and have the yucky boob overflow thing happening, but no. :noway: I go to a boutique that carries my size and spend $50 for a nice Fantasie bra.

ETA, and $50 is just for a basic, no frills, beige, t-shirt bra. If I want something pretty, it's going to cost me anywhere from $60 (if there's a sale) to over $100.:grumble:
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Does it cost more to buy larger sizes? Economically speaking, I would assume more fabric would equal more money.

Please discuss.
    :devil:

Yes, a lot more. I can't go to sears or some random department store to get my size. It SUCKS.

ALSO, good way to get the hotties out with the big boobies. Kudos to you sweetness!

Yes. And you can't even shop in stores, but instead have to go online and buy six or seven and then send 5 back all the time. :frown:

I know, I have a ton that just don't fit because you are guessing when you get the online based on their version of that size. Someone needs to come measure us accurately and ONLY make our bras specifically for us so we don't have to go thru these issues. #BigBoobProblems
  • nebjennison
    Options
    lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've never worn anything smaller than a C cup even when I was in middle school, but I've also never worn larger than DD. Those bras generally run the same size as A-B. Of course if you go to higher end stores and/or specialty stores the bras will be more expensive but in cheaper places like JC Penney or something along those lines, a larger bra size is usually very close in price...maybe $2-5 more than the smaller ones.

However, I know a surprisingly large number of women (some of whom don't even LOOK like they're bigger than a D cup) who wear bra sizes like F, G, H. Yep. I didn't know those existed until I was about 30, but clearly if I'm a DD and their breasts are considerably larger then they're not gonna be able to wear a DD or DDD. Which are about the only sizes available "everywhere". It does cost a LOT more for those larger sizes, we're talking $80-100 per bra according to friends of mine.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lx1r1gLgvo1qan7pvo1_500.jpg
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Decent plus-sized bras are about $50 at Penningtons. Much prettier average-sized bras at La Senza are about half that, no matter how big the cup size is.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Really? Weird!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Does it cost more to buy larger sizes? Economically speaking, I would assume more fabric would equal more money.

Please discuss.

Yes, a lot more. I can't go to sears or some random department store to get my size. It SUCKS.

ALSO, good way to get the hotties out with the big boobies. Kudos to you sweetness!

Yes. And you can't even shop in stores, but instead have to go online and buy six or seven and then send 5 back all the time. :frown:

I know, I have a ton that just don't fit because you are guessing when you get the online based on their version of that size. Someone needs to come measure us accurately and ONLY make our bras specifically for us so we don't have to go thru these issues. #BigBoobProblems

That would be awesome and not just for a larger bust. Could you imagine how much easier it would be for women who need not only a 38 K but for those who need a 38 AAA?
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Yep, if you're over a DD, the best place to find a bra that's less than $65 is the internet, and even then there's only like a 30% chance it'll fit properly.

Smaller boobs are waayyy cheaper than bigger ones. :/
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    small boobies here :(

Ditto... :grumble: :sad: *le sigh*... Now taking donations...
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Some dang big boobies in this thread
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

Please discuss.

That would be awesome and not just for a larger bust. Could you imagine how much easier it would be for women who need not only a 38 K but for those who need a 38 AAA?

Seriously! In fact, I don't really have big boobs at all- I think I really have a "small back" :laugh: I need a size 30 band. My boobs wouldn't even be that big on a 38 ribcage. I don't see why I should have to pay so much just to get less band fabric. :tongue:
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I honestly have no idea. I was an E cup when I left high school and whilst it is sometimes trickier to find my new size (as I'm now officially into the small back, big cup arena) it isn't any more expensive. Even supermarkets often stock DD+ sizes here, but I think the US is a little behind on bras... or more than a little, actually.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I honestly have no idea. I was an E cup when I left high school and whilst it is sometimes trickier to find my new size (as I'm now officially into the small back, big cup arena) it isn't any more expensive. Even supermarkets often stock DD+ sizes here, but I think the US is a little behind on bras... or more than a little, actually.

Actually maybe this is why they are so expensive- a lot of the good "small back" bras are from Euro brands.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Must just be related to women's clothes, because I don't have to pay any extra for my larger Jock Strap.
  • ronit_rai
    ronit_rai Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    am confused what's A B C D ?
    just show me the boobies
    nd I'll tell u my size.
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. Large band size, smaller cup size. The industry assumes fat chicks all have big boobs. I don't. I have a broad back. And wearing extenders only makes the straps fall down. Sucks.