Options

Replies

• kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    @Kim...I have little legs too! I'm only 4ft 11!! :tongue:
  • pennelope515
    Options
    Yes. And 38 and over is really hard to find in stores. A lot of times you have to order offline.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    SO expensive, you can buy cute little sets in regular clothes shops for (often) under £10, I am lucky if I can find one under £20! Especially as I really like Freya bras......
  • Kiwigirlkim
    Options
    SO expensive, you can buy cute little sets in regular clothes shops for (often) under £10, I am lucky if I can find one under £20! Especially as I really like Freya bras......

I brought a Freya bra. It would have fitted my knees not my boobs. I just laughed at how it all looked!!!
  • Kiwigirlkim
    Options
    CURVY KATE bras are awesome!!!!
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    Curvy Kate, Freya and Panache are all fantastic. Figleaves.com, brastop.com and ebay are where I usually get mine for way less that the recommended sale price (usually well over £30 each). I would LOVE to find a supportive strapless or backless bra but I don't think it'll happen until I've lost more weight and the boobs shrink a bit. I've already gone down a couple of cup sizes but it's not enough!

Also, bratabase.com is a fantastic site. You can enter your size and it'll show you the most highly recommend bras for your size, based on reviews from other site users. You can also search by bra name/brand to find out if that Curvy Kate will actually suit your size and shape.

BUT REMEMBER TO MEASURE YOURSELVES CORRECTLY! Follow this guide (here ---> http://i.imgur.com/tgrX4zO.png) and you can't fail. Don't worry if you come up a smaller back size/bigger cup size, you will be surprised at how comfortable/supportive the size will feel compared to the baggy, shapeless or so-tight-the-wires-and-straps-are-digging-in bra you wear now. And one final plug for http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits - it wins all of the internets.
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    it definately is extortionate prices for clothing thats tailored for bigger breasted women and ive always paid around £28-£45 for bras.. you want quality you have to pay for it tbh but they last longer than cheap.
  • PooksInBoots
    Options
    There are so few Canadian retailers that offer bras in larger sizes. If you can find a retailer that sells specialty sizes, it's completely worth it to get measured, and to pay the premium that comes along with a bra that fits properly. I'm a 34G, and in the days following the purchase of a properly fitted bra, I received so many compliments on my weight loss! The girls look awesome, and I love the confidence a beautiful bra brings. For that feeling, I'll pay a premium again and again!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have nothing to contribute. Just reading.

:laugh:
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    He just subscribes for the ....."articles." :wink::laugh:
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    He just subscribes for the ....."articles." :wink::laugh:
    I'm just here cuz its a post about boobs :)
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    From my experience, it's more the fact that you have to actually get a nice quality bra and those end up costing more. You can't just go out and buy a cheap easy bra, it's much more of a process than that. Also not as many stores carry the size you may need so it's more of a specialty item so they usually cost more.

Exactly what I was going to say. You cant just run into Target and get anything off the rack.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    One consequence of the weight I've lost is that I'm going to have to have a funeral for my boobs :cry:

Goodbye boobs, off to the great pushup in the sky. :brokenheart:
  • Kentuckygirl61
    Kentuckygirl61 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have always bought mine at VS, but when I went to get fitted again, after all my years with VS I never knew they do not have bras that are over 40'' (ie 40B) for "B" , That was when I decided to hit the diet with a different attitude. Although, I am not large (B) I do not want to waste all the money I paid for such pretty, sexy, and long wearing bras. I was fitted one cup size up so I could get 40". another-- never knew. So, if you are gaining weight in this area, but know you plan on losing the weight, just upsize your cup size; It works too! Plus us "B Cups" get to grin, just thinking we can actually upsize.drinker:
  • Kentuckygirl61
    Kentuckygirl61 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    YEP :sad:
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    From my experience, it's more the fact that you have to actually get a nice quality bra and those end up costing more. You can't just go out and buy a cheap easy bra, it's much more of a process than that. Also not as many stores carry the size you may need so it's more of a specialty item so they usually cost more.

This^^^ I can squish into a 38DD from a cheaper place...but...I really need to drop around $150-200 for a decent quality bra...and there I can get my actual size (36DDD or 36E) which is nice.

Hoping as I lose body fat the girls will shrink...nothing yet though.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    In a way it does for me... Not only can I not find my size at a regular department store, even going to a store like Victoria Secret my size is limited to certain styles, which happen to be the more expensive styles. I dont have extremely unusual size or even that big m(32DDD) but it is still hard to find a nice fitting bra, so I normally do end up paying more for them. I dont mind, finding a good bra is seriously life changing!!
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It costs more to buy 'specialty' sizes. In the US, anything below a 34 band and above a.. 40, 42? I'm sorry, I'm not very familiar with larger band sizes. :ohwell: Then they only carry between A - DD cups. Because anything outside that is weird, obviously.

If I want a bra that doesn't hurt, I need to pay more since I'm in a 28 band.
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Curvy Kate, Freya and Panache are all fantastic. Figleaves.com, brastop.com and ebay are where I usually get mine for way less that the recommended sale price (usually well over £30 each). I would LOVE to find a supportive strapless or backless bra but I don't think it'll happen until I've lost more weight and the boobs shrink a bit. I've already gone down a couple of cup sizes but it's not enough!

Also, bratabase.com is a fantastic site. You can enter your size and it'll show you the most highly recommend bras for your size, based on reviews from other site users. You can also search by bra name/brand to find out if that Curvy Kate will actually suit your size and shape.

BUT REMEMBER TO MEASURE YOURSELVES CORRECTLY! Follow this guide (here ---> http://i.imgur.com/tgrX4zO.png) and you can't fail. Don't worry if you come up a smaller back size/bigger cup size, you will be surprised at how comfortable/supportive the size will feel compared to the baggy, shapeless or so-tight-the-wires-and-straps-are-digging-in bra you wear now. And one final plug for http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits - it wins all of the internets.

I've never thought about buying online...you're brilliant. Now to find out if they ship to Canada... :happy:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    So the conclusion of this discussion is

Too many women are wearing bras.