yes
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    op are you having a moob problem?
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My size just isn't available at places like Target or Walmart, so I pay more for a bra to begin with. I buy mine at Soma...love, love, love them...and they are comparable in price to VS, about $50-60 each, but I haven't noticed if my 34G bras are any less or more than others in different sizes in the same style.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    A bigger bust=bigger bra=having to buy better quality bra=more money.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just because my girls are big doesn't mean I don't want to shove 'em up like smaller girls get to.

EXACTLY right!!!!!!! When I worked at Victoria's Secret, some people would want to try on the "Bombshell" which increases cup size by 2 cups. Well, anyone larger than a B cup would put it on and look absolutely insane. You can't really use your full range of motion in that baby. I tried one on in my D cup, and I laughed so hard in the change room, it made other people laugh.
    I hate that push ups tend to work better on little boobies, I want mine up at my chin too LOL
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    Can I take a minute to show all of my fellow big busted ladies this site ---> http://www.reddit.com/r/abrathatfits

Gives tips and advice on measuring yourself accurately (when sometimes assistants in stores haven't a clue how to measure you and/or will try to stuff you into the biggest bra in their range rather than give you your true size that they don't stock), find local suppliers as well as online shops. I didn't have a clue about "sister sizes" and was definitely not wearing my correct size, but now I'm in a properly supportive bra and I feel like I have new boobs.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    those damn lane bryant bras cost more the the GDP of a small country. I'll wear a bra till the bitter end, wire digging into my sides, cups kind of wonky because I'm so cheap to spend another small fortune on my bewbs.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    why is it that they never make push ups for bigger sizes? that's always been rather odd .
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I think it's availability that's the biggest issue. If I could wear a 40 DD I could pick it up at a Walmart for $20. Make the cup size a J in the US or a GG in the UK and my bras end up between $81 and $160.

Same problem. If I want to squish my boobs into a 34DDD I can occasionally find a bra at Kohl's or TJ Maxx for a reasonable price. But to get bras that actually fit (34G) I have to rely on the internet or better department stores.

They say that something like 80% of Americans wear the wrong bra size, and I have to wonder if it's because of the lack of availability. Too many women assume that they have to fit into one of the sizes available at Target or Walmart and just squish into whatever they can.

I think that's true. Before I got professionally fitted I was walking around in a 50 DDD/E with straps digging in, the back band riding up, and still boob spilling out. At that point I was a 44HH in an Elomi bra. There is such a huge difference in appearance, comfort, and confidence when a woman is wearing a well fitted bra.
  • j0705
    Options
    why is it that they never make push ups for bigger sizes? that's always been rather odd .

they do!
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options

When you have big boobs and a correctly-fitting, supportive bra you have a kick-*kitten* cleavage and no need for pushing up.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Does it cost more to buy larger sizes? Economically speaking, I would assume more fabric would equal more money.

Please discuss.
    :devil:

Hmmm, cant help but wonder why the OP who is a guy is posting this question? It might be fun to have an answer.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yes it does cost more and takes more effort to find one that fits properly. :sad:
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    MOST def. I can't dress these puppies at Walmart and Tarjay. Sigh. Thank God for coupons.
  • CookNLift
    Options

they do!

false! most huge ones don't have padding!
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Does it cost more to buy larger sizes? Economically speaking, I would assume more fabric would equal more money.

Please discuss.
    :devil:

Hmmm, cant help but wonder why the OP who is a guy is posting this question? It might be fun to have an answer.

pure curiosity my dear watson
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how one size can be doubled or selected as a different letter (i.e. an F cup could be considered a DDD) that confuses the crap out of me.

In my online shopping experience, the difference there is between US and UK bra sizes.
    ( A DDD in the US is the same as an E cup UK.)
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Really, its the inability to find a strapless bra, because those stick on bra cups are absolutely useless to me. And while yes, a corset it a lovely thing with strapless dresses, it doesn't help with the backless ones!
  • j0705
    Options

they do!

false! most huge ones don't have padding!

haha you just contradicted yourself there a couple of times mate! :laugh:

OH YES THEY DOOOOOOOOO! sorry its panto season:tongue:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. In my case finding the ones I like usually are harder to find,
    leaving me to shop at higher priced places. I like VS now but the $ is a
    tad too high. Finding my size is difficult though. But to your question,
    it seems the places that offer larger sizing simply charge higher.