Fit and Fab Biggest Losers

Options
We are the former biggest loser week 1 Thru 10. We decided to change our name in hopes of getting new people interested.
We are here to challenge ourselves and encourage each other.
We hope you join us!!

Lets all get Fit and Fab together!!

Replies

• NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Let's get it started. I know there are many of us out there that can use some support and encouragement along your journey if so this is the place to be!!!

Looking foward to reaching my goals and beyond thanks for starting this group!!!
  • debhue75
    debhue75 Posts: 21
    Options
    This would really motivate me to do better. Please count me in.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Welcome debhue75. We are glad to have you here.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :-)
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    How challenging are the challenges?

I would like to join I am a long way from fit but I'm fab already :laugh:
  • raindancer
    Options
    akadumbo: Welcome! We started out with weekly challenges for everyone, but we decided to just set your own challenges. Like drink all your water or eat 5 fruits and veggies a day. What ever you need help on and we are all here to see each other thru this journey.:smile:
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    wohooo!! we've morphed into a new group.. I like the name!!

My goal for the next little while is to get through this 30 day shred. I was at home visiting family and friends the past couple days. Yesterday I missed a workout all together - however I was walking around shopping for a few hours. Got right back to it when I came home today.. completed Day #2 of the Shred for Level 3. 8 more workouts to go than its complete!! I will get through it

Hi cnbeathea and raindancer :) Thanks for creating the new group

welcome akaDumbo, amcmillan730 and debhue75

Would anyone like to do a challenge a week?
  • terrimarles
    terrimarles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am at a stand still with my weight and I feel like there is nothing more I can do about it. I am 150 pounds and I would like to weight around 137. I don't know what more I can do. I ran a half marathon back in May and I still run 3 days a week. I even go to a bootcamp class twice a week. I am trying to eat around 1200-1500 calories a day but nothing is moving. I have been this weight for almost a year! Does anyone have any ideas of what I might be doing wrong or maybe idea for something that could help me lose this last 10 pounds! I am getting very frustrated!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Terrimales I certainly can understand your frustration but hang in there it can be done. Your workouts sound great my question to you is how much water do you drink a day and with your diet would you say that you are being really good with those 1200-1500 calories or are you eating whatever you want but not going over that amount the reason I ask that is because if your eating good and not seeing results I would suggest increasing your calories 1 or 2 days for a week to shock the body and get you moving past this point if your diet isn't that clean then I would suggest clean it up a lil bit then looking at the big picture again Sometimes we have to shock the body with something different and since you been running since May what has change with your routine are you running longer are you doing intervals or has anything change there because that can be something else you can do shake up your workout routine as well OK I hope that all make sense bottom line you have to shake up your body it's use to the routine so change it will kick it back into gear!!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    I think I am also feeling that routine setting in... my body isnt loosing anymore either grrrrrrrrrrr - I know that it doesnt help that I havent been that great eating wise! that needs to change - especially on weekends...
    I want to get through this shred - only 7 more to go cause I did Level 3 Day #3 today!! wohooo
    I will get my gym membership for work soon - but prolly not till mid Sept than I can really spice things up.. a little bit of the elipitical.. some classes.. the bike.. ohh I am excited!!!!!!

Also started week 4 for C25K - now I am up to 5 mins in a row of jogging - I have to learn to stop clock watching because it makes the time go by soooo slow!
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Count me in. What do I do next?
  • moniapp
    moniapp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to be added in?
  • raindancer
    Options
    Welcome: :flowerforyou:
    It's never too late!! Glad you are here.
    We are just picking specific challenges for ourselves and trying to stay motivated. Some are more physical and have more exercise challenges and some of us work on the food issues. Like getting 5 fruits and veggies a day or all 8 glasses of water.
    You decide what you would like to challenge yourself with. We are all here to support each other.

I've a had a bad time with food since my vacation. I'm really trying to get back on track. It's been so hot for so long I feel physical drained. I think I'm trying to give my self some energy.
    I haven't weighted this week out of sheer terror of what i'll see.:cry:

My challenges for this week are to log every bite and drink. The good, bad and the OH NO's! :sad: and exercise 3x
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Helloo and welcome to all the newcomers to this post :)

I wasnt very good eating wise or drinking wise once again this weekend.. but its a new week and I am right back at it today!! completed day #4 of the shred for level 3.. only 6 more shreds left!! COmpleted run/walk #2 for week 4 of c25K. Cleaned my car which took me an hour.. walked to the grocery store to meet my b.f to get groceries.. and playing softball tonight!!! wohoo!!

I am very motivated this week - as next week I start training for my new job for Mon-Thurs. So its my last week of tons of free time.
    My goal is to work out everyday (including Saturday!) I also want to be in the 130's by next THursday (its a mini goal I'd really like to see myself meet - I want out of these 140's!!!!! I wont weigh in till next Thurs. Id also like to try eat more fruit in a day (with all this working out i hope to do this week equals more calories allowed to eat so I must eat it in a healthy form
  • debhue75
    debhue75 Posts: 21
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies :laugh:

My goals for the week are: 1) 5 days of cardio at 1hour a day. 2) 3 days of strength training. 3)work in more veggies/fruit daily.

Debbie
  • raindancer
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    So far I'm on track for this week :laugh: I did make it to aqua last night, I do feel a little better today. I am sure it's just this relentless heat making me feel so bad. I've lost track of the exact number of days that it has been over 100f daily but it's 20+

If you find any new products,foods or recipes you like, please share with us. I get in a rut and fix the same stuff over and over.

Hope every has a great day..later
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all :):):)

Slowly but surely I am making my way through the 30 day shred. I completed day #5 for Level 3 today, only 5 more days to go. Also, I got in about 30-45 mins of tennis in with a friend today. I've eaten lots of fruit today - banana, watermelon, plums. I also picked up some grapes, blueberies and raspberries - which I will probably have for snack later tonight

raindancer - Glad to hear that you are feling better :) it definetely has been a hot summer - it makes me not want to do much outside

debhue75 - those are some great goals you've got
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Great job Sundinsgurl way to hang in there I have finally come to the conclusion the shred is not for me bottom line no matter how I try I cant do it so Kuddos for you hanging in there and finishing strong!!

Raindancer way to stay on track for the week that is awesome and I sure hope it get's cooler for you very soon!!

Deb great goals for the week push hard and make it happen your doing an awesome job!!

I am continuing to workout at the gym and getting classes in there I am planning on stepping up my cardio all together because I am so hooked on the classes I only do little walks and I need to change that!!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    cnbethea - good for you for trying the shred again though! This is my first time ever trying it.. and I was motivated to stick to it. I guess thats how my mind usually works though, when I am motivated to do something I really try to stick to it.

Day #6 Level 3 done - down to 4 more!! I cant believe it.. seems like just yesterday I started - I will get through this!!!
    Also finished Week 4 for C25K - onto week 5 now :)
    I've been really good so far this week, lots of exercises and being under on my calories. Going on a roadtrip home for the day today to visit my grandma who is in the hospital (just went in yesterday and its her bday today - her leg has ben really bothering her so they are doing an MRI to find out what it is). Also to pick up my passport becausewe are heading to the states for a concert in September. So I have packed some grapes and watermelon for health snacks.. I just hope I can figure out something healthy if we stop somewhere for dinner.
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    I did pretty good on the roadtrip home yesterday.... we did eat the grapes.. but than at dinner we had a burger on the bbq - and they opened doritoes (chips are and have always been my downfall). So I was over on the calories by around 28.. but over on fat by 17g and over on sodium by 300 g or so.

This morning I finished day #7 of shred.. 3 more to go!!
    I also did a nice 30 minute rollerblade.. and by nice I mean I was pouring sweat after cause it was soo freakin hot out lol

Have a friend comin over soon from out of town - hopefully she wants to eat something I can make at home - or if we go out for lunch I will try to make a healty choice :)