Fit and Fab Biggest Losers

Options

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I've had a very crazy day and a half. First the company decided my work restriction paper was too vague and they needed it to be more specific. So they sent me home til I get a better note from my doctor. I went by the office asked to talk to the nurse and the receptionist took all my info and said she would have nurse call me. This is the end of the second day. I've been by there and called twice. nothing yet!!
    As if thats not aggravating enough I broke my glasses last night and had to spend the day getting a new pair.
    I haven't overate yet. A real feat for me. :drinker:
    I'm not going to make it to my aqua class tonight. I've been out town all day and am too tired to drive the 20 miles to workout.

Sundindgurl: Way to go! Hope you had fun at lunch.
    cnbethea: your new picture is beautiful! You are doing so awesome. <<HUG>>
  • casperkawa
    casperkawa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, I am just starting..
  • Solsofit
    Solsofit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i too would like to join
    i'm struggling to keep away from the sweet things
    especially as i'm studying and have become used to certain cold caffenated beverages and bags of sweets to keep me up!!!
  • raindancer
    Options
    Welcome: casperkawa and newme86:flowerforyou:
    We are glad to have you here.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    raindancer - I am so sorry to hear that you've had a tough past couple of days! Here's hoping that things will get better. But on a positive note - thats awesome that you've held it together eating wise :)

I didnt end up going out for lunch, we just stayed at home and I had some dill pickle rice crisps. Had dinner at home.. than my boyfriend, some friends and I went golfing for nine holes. My second time ever golfing (didnt play too well.. except one hole :) ) We walked the course so more exercise for me.

newme - i struggled with candy too!! Now I dont buy it lol or else if I have it I will just eat it

casperkawa - welcome :)

cnbeathea - you are kicking butt - doing sooo well!!! cant wait to hear the results from the scale tomorrow
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Welcome newbies the more the merrier!!!:bigsmile:

Raindancer sorry to hear bout your day and a half sending good vibes your way~~~~~~~~T.G.I.F. Kuddos to you for not over eating:drinker:

Love the new pic you look so happy!!

Sundinsgurl good for you and the fact you were prepared either way is totally awesome!! Nice job gettingi n the walking on the golf course instead of using the cart!!! Golf is something I have yet to try I have been to a driving range and I have played putt putt:bigsmile: but I wouldn't mind trying it out Oh yeah plus only 3 days left on the shred woot woot I wish we could insert sound effects!!
  • raindancer
    Options
    I'm back to my pre-vacation weight
    Maybe that a sign of better things to come.:laugh:

I fell down on all my challenges this week so I plan to just hold those over for next week.

have a great day
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    raindancer - congratz on getting back to your pre-vacation weight :) Now it will continue to drop - stick with it! Keep at the challenges, you can do it!!

cnbethea - it is a fun activity to do.. can be relatively cheap (depending on the course) and it takes a bit of time to play. It can be very frustrating sometimes (well for me lots cause I am not very good lol) But you cant get better if you dont try!!

Only 2 more days of shred left!!! did day #8 today... and started week 5 of my C25K - it felt so great :) I can feel my stamina improving. Now for the weekend, which are always the hardest. We have a stag and doe to go to tonight which means drinking. However I will be able to reach my goal for the week of exercising everyday because I am playing two slow pitch baseball games tomorrow (my friends team needed a girl).... and if I feel up to it hopefully after the game I will try to get a shred in. No drinking saturday night as my b.f and I are going to the movies. Than Sunday hopefully my final shred and a soccer game. Hope this will be a great weekend and will help me get to the 130's by next Thursday for weigh in.
  • raindancer
    Options
    Good morning!!

WOW!! you girls really rock!!:flowerforyou:
    I wish I could get in half as much activities as ya'll do. Ok, I did In my twentys. :laugh: I biked and hiked alot but I never was into team sports.

My company finally put me on short term disablity. I have 7 weeks at 100% of my pay then If I need longer it kicks back to 70%
    I hope it wont take anywhere near that long.

I was under on my calories for a couple of days now. My exercise is lite by I'll do better.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    can't believe I am on here on a Saturday!! Normally I am too ashamed of my eating and drinking on Saturday to log anything!! But not today because I am eating well!! :) I played a game of baseball.. we lost to the 1st place team but we made it close! and I did day #9 of level 3, which means only 1 more shred left that I complete the 30 day shred!!!

My boyfriend had his work golf tournament today and his company takes them out to the Keg (its a really good steakhouse)... so I may treat myself to Subway since he will be enjoying lobster and prime rib. No drinking tonite which means I will stay under my calories.

I feel the 130's coming my way for Thursday :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

raindancer - thats good that your company is giving you full pay for 7 weeks! Give you some time to rest up and get better. Doesnt matter how much you exercise, its just great that you do exercise in the first place :)
  • raindancer
    Options
    I wanted be off during the heat but not this way. I'm struggling because I eat out of boredom.:frown:
    Right now I'm dipping 9 baby carrot in 2 tbs of light ranch. I can't do fat free ranch..nasty
    My whole family agrees on Hidden valley ranch light. I try to keep our lives as simple and uniform as possible. That way it is more of an exceptable life cange, than mom is on a diet with dozens of special foods for just her.
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    I had a pretty good Sunday.. played a ball game (lost) and a soccer game (won - and scored 2 goals!! I havent scored once this season so I was very happy to get two in one game! However, some girl kicked my foot instead of the ball and she hurt my foot :( I am very angry that this happened as I only had ONE shred left!!!! I hope it heals fast so I can finish it and get back to my couch to 5 k program.

Went for a 24 minute walk to meet the b.f at the grocery store today.. but it still sore. I am lying on the couch icing it now hoping that will help.

raindancer - try finding other things to do to keep you busy.. maybe get a new book to read, suntan outside, go for a short walk each time you feel like eating, do some light cleaning.. just some ideas
  • raindancer
    Options
    Sundinsgurl: Maybe if you baby your foot this evening it will be better tomorrow...ICE: Ice, compression and elevation Hope you get to finish your last day of shred soon. You have done awesome. :drinker:

When I'm working I always plan all these things I would do if I had a few days off. I guess it is still too fresh because I have just worn out the remote:yawn:
    But today is our hottest day of the year 107F so the a/c is having trouble keeping it cool enough. I just dont have the energy

cnbethea: We miss you! :smile:
  • debhue75
    debhue75 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I had a great weekend celebrating my grandmother's 80th birthday! I didn't do so well when it came to eating though. :frown:

I didn't do so great with my goals so I am going to carry over the ones from last week with one additional goal. I would really like to get some swimming in this week. (Even if it's just one day)

Sundinsgurl: I hope your foot heals up quickly! BTW you look great in your new photo. Keep up the good work!

raindancer: I know how you feel, I was eating everything in sight on Sunday just out of boredom. And that heat makes everything worse.

I hope we all have a great week.:bigsmile:
  • raindancer
    Options
    good morning everyone:

debhue75: Happy Birthday to your grandmother. It is really hard to control eating when we celebrate.
    I also am having to hold over my goals. As long as you keep moving forward and don't give up.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hey everyone I am here sorry to go M.I.A.

I have been on the site just not on the message boards.

I am trying to go through a round of insanity this time and finally become a grad!! I will keep you all posted!!

Raindancer glad the job approved your leave at 100%

Debhue Happy belated birthday to your grandmother and glad you got a chance to celebrate with her and no worries you can burn it off this week!!

Sundinsgurl plz let me know what the Dr. say about your foot!!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Went to the walk in clinic - they sent me to an accident/sports injury clinic right in the same building. The girl there checked out my foot - pressed in a bunch of spots asked me to push against her weight etc. She said I dont need x-rays and didnt really say much else. She gave me some exercises to do to strengthen/loosen the muscles in my foot. Its still sore - which is very frustrating!!

I just want to exercise - and I think I will very soon!! It still hurts to walk on it when I put pressure to the outside of the left foot.. But I was told if doing something hurts to stop. Also, if it hurts in a week to go back
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    So I went and practiced soccer with my best friend last night.. running was fine.. but left footed kicking is out of the question! So happy to get in some exercise

Today I did day #10 of Level 3 :):):) So the 30 Day Shred is COMPLETE!!!!! Soo friggen happy!
    Also, did Week 5 day #2 - so thats 5 min walk.. 8 min run.. 5 min walk.. 8 min run!! up next is the 20 min run all at once!

Tomorrow is my weigh in after 2 weeks...didnt push as hard as I wanted to the last couple days cause of my foot. But I did have 11 days in a row of working out. Lets hope its a good number on the scale
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hey guys still moving foward with Insanity today is day 4 so far so good I am planning on doing kickboxing tonight because the regular girl in Zumba is out I am trying to decide if I want to try the new girl or not what should I do scared if she's not good it will be a waste of a workout!! As I think it's rude to walk out a class so then I will be stuck for an hr trying to fake the funk!!

Weekend is looking promising no real big plans on the agenda so we shall see you know how things come up!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    cnbethea - way to go with Insanity!! day 4 already.. wow how time flies. Can you tell me a bit more about the program. I am trying to figure out something else to do now since I have completed the shred. I was considering my wii active 30 day Challenge.

Weighed in today after 2 weeks.... down 1.5 lbs :) didn't quite make it to the 130's like I wanted to, but I sure was close! weighed in at 140.2 - silly point!!! I will get there by next week!!!