Fit and Fab Biggest Losers

Options

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I just order me a Fitbit. It's a cross between Pedometer and a sleepometer and much more.
    Check it out at fitbit.com
    What I read on the website I don't think I will be disappointed.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my lunch workout and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the treadmill for a 466 calorie burn. I'm still working on getting up early to do a workout and am happy to finally be back home from travelling and eating home cooked meals. Don't get me wrong I love eating out, but after a while all those calorie heavy meals get old on me. I look for salads and even they are packed with high calories. I know Unos lowest calorie salad has 800 calories. On the last day of my trip I was happy to stop by a Whole Foods and we picked up a meal for us in the hot meal section, and we just ate on the bed and watched tv- since we don't get to do that at home. Lovely night- and picked up my greek yogurt with honey.

I also realized that losing weight for me without a support system gets more difficult. I just get on here and I see how all motivated all of you are, and that's inspiring.

Oh yeah, feels great to be back on track!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    last week i did just 60 mins of walking daily...this week i'm doing both walking and workout vids
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Kizzy_me - dont worry about the gain.. your working out so you are probably gaining muscle. It could also be an increase in water retention? Either way dont give up!!! Your doing great - especially now adding those work out vids!

MayLan - welcome back from your traveling! I would have to agree with you that eating out can be fun - but after one or two times I am like Ok give me a home cooked meal!! The portions are so large and its easier said than done to pack up half right away lol Either way your back now and you'll do great :)

raindancer - I too watched Biggest Loser!! Love the twist at the end there of their being 8 ppl below the line and than the contestants having to fight to make it above the line. That guys nose was GROSS!!! I cant believe that one guy lost 41 pounds already!!

Got in a run today - 30 mins straight, than did Ab Ripper X when I got home from work this evening. It is a killer workout!!! I have to take many breaks lol but in time as I stick with it it should only get easier, it better and I better end up with wicked abs lol
  • raindancer
    Options
    Sundinsgurl: Ab ripperX...WOW!! You go girl:bigsmile: Have you got hooked on running? Everyone I know that starts running loves it. I biked when i was young but never tried running.

Kizzy: good job with the walking..what dvds are you going to use?

Maylan: I can't do this without the support I receive here either.

Cnbethea: :flowerforyou: Hope your are well?

I made it to aqua last night, and plan to go tonight. I'm staying within my calories, so all is good with me.:wink:
    I plan to weigh in Tuesday. Wish me luck!:happy:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Had a staff meeting this morning with refreshments and breakfast. I didn't have breakfast at home and had room to have breakfast in the meeting. Then went to the gym at lunch time and did 35 minutes in the gym bike for a 300 calorie burn. I can already see all the bloating gone from the trip last week.
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    i will be doing the 30 day slimdown program with jillian michaels starting tomorrow
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hey I am here feeling better throat still a little scratchy but much better than before!! I am still on the mission of being an insanity grad and tomm I will start 30 day shred again trying to slim as possible before the Marine Corp ball a little mini goal and on to the big goal biggest loser finale which I was trying to get tickets too online but no luck Do anyone know how that works?

Kizzy I hear the 30day slim down program is good! One of my MFP friends is doing a challenge that involves all 4 of the biggest loser main videos I didn't get them all in my Wal-mart so I am just doing the shred

Awesomse MayLan getting back on the grind after your trip!

Raindancer you are on it great job!!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Raindancer – yes I am addicted to running lol Its something that I will definetely keep up! Hopefully one day I’ll be able to run a marathon. Good luck with your weigh in on Tuesday – and way to go on getting to aquafit.

MayLan – that’s great news that you can already see the bloating gone from the last trip. I am feeling a bit bloated myself today from all the ju jubes I ate last nite :(

Kizzy_mus – is the slimdown program different than the 30 day shred?

Cnbethea – so your doing the shred again?> and insanity at the same time! U are INSANE :P jkkk I haven’t a clue how to get tix to the finale but if u find out please let us know. Congratz on your weight loss this week I knew you would see a smaller number on the scale because you have been doing so great.

I am waiting till next week to weigh in because I like to have 2 weeks between weigh ins. Plus my bday is Oct 11th and that is when I want to be at 135 so I will try Oct 8th and see where I am. Yesterday was a rest day and it was a killer!!! I hate resting lol but I know its important to have one of those in between working out. Today I went to the gym in between shifts (I only have 40-45 mins at the gym now because I have to shower and get to my other work. I was going to do my final run of C25K but than the instructor from the total body conditioning class saw me and I told him I wasn’t coming and he told me to come for half the class and he said believe me you will be tired after the first half. So I did, and Oh man, was he ever right!!! He worked us hard – I was drenched with sweat when I was done. So on the positive side I feel I burned a lot more calories in that class that my run would have been. So my run might have to wait till Monday if I cant get to it this weekend. Hoping to try one or 2 new classes with my roommate tomorrow at the gym – a step class or a cross training class.

Wishing everyone a successful and fun weekend!!!
  • raindancer
    Options
    Just a quick flyby! Crazy here today. I'm leaving early today so I have to get a lot done.
    Everyone have a great day.
    Thank ya'll for all the love and support.
    Love you guys:heart:
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    I actually worked out on a Saturday!!! wohoooooo - wnted to get my run in since I didnt get to do it yesterday. So I did my final run of week 9 to complete the C25K program. after my 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down I am just over 5 k. So now I need to continue running and work on getting to 5K in running.

Also did 15 mins on the eliptical!! Feeeling GREAT!!!! Didnt drink last night but I know I am tonite so that as another motivator to get to the gym today
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    sundinsgurl - yes it is different from the 30 day shread because you are doing all 3 of the videos of jillian michaels on different days

-30 day shred
    -burn fat, boost metabolism
    -no more trouble zones

here is the chart for the 30 days to see what it looks like:

OCTOBER 1: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 2: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 3: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 4: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 5: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

OCTOBER 6: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 7: DAY OFF

OCTOBER 8:

OCTOBER 9: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

OCTOBER 10: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 11: 3O DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

OCTOBER 12: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

OCTOBER 13: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 14: DAY OFF

OCTOBER 15: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 16: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

OCTOBER 17: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 18: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

OCTOBER 19: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 20: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

OCTOBER 21: DAY OFF

OCTOBER 22: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 23: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 24: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

OCTOBER 25: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 26: DAY OFF

OCTOBER 27: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 28: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 29: 30 SHRED LEVEL 2
    30 SHRED LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 30: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Wow that sounds like a month of great exercise!! I have two of the dvds but I dont have the Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism dvd so I will have to look into getting it
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Sundinsgurl that insanity and shred together was short lived LOL I am only doing the shred and some cardio classes at the YMCA really want to see what the shred will do all alone I don't know if I am scared by people comments about the 2nd month of the shred or what but for some reason I keep getting stuck in the 1st mnth then stop I promise myself I will be a grad one day for sure I am going to start again on Nov. 1st yes I know but hey as long as I keep going I will never quit!! It will happen for sure that time around time to move on from here I will be finishing on Jan 2nd way to bring in the New Year New me!!!!

Kizzy I love the fact that you have your mnth all layed out look like a great month ahead make it happen woot woot!!

Sundinsgurl you are on it with the exercising and running we should all be at goal by the finale we keep this effort up!!!

Raindancer love the new Avatar!!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    I would love to try insanity one day.. hmmmm maybe that will be next thing?? Can you tell me a bit about the program cnbethea?

Hit the gym yesterday and did a 30 min run plus my 5 min warm up and cool down.. today I went and did 35 on the eliptical. Tomorrow when I run I will keep an eye on the distance to see if I can get in 5km. Time pending of course because I have to be out of the gym by 10 in order to get home shower and make it to work on time
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    OCTOBER 1: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 2: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 3: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 4: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 5: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM :drinker:

OCTOBER 6: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 7: DAY OFF

OCTOBER 8:

OCTOBER 9: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

OCTOBER 10: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 11: 3O DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

OCTOBER 12: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

OCTOBER 13: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 14: DAY OFF

OCTOBER 15: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 16: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

OCTOBER 17: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 18: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

OCTOBER 19: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 20: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

OCTOBER 21: DAY OFF

OCTOBER 22: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 23: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 24: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

OCTOBER 25: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 26: DAY OFF

OCTOBER 27: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 28: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

OCTOBER 29: 30 SHRED LEVEL 2
    30 SHRED LEVEL 1

OCTOBER 30: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Checking in again today.. not feeling well....I am feeling a cold coming along.. stuffy nose, runny nose, my head has been hurting, ive been sneezing. I felt it this morning and its only gotten worse through out the day. My plan is to go to the gym tomorrow, hoping that it will make me feel better after I get moving. However if I am feeling really crappy and tired I will go home and get an extra hour of sleep.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Sundinsgurl Insanity is a 63 day high intense cardio workout in month 1 the videos range anywhere from 31-45min and then you have a week of recovery then into month two and the videos then range from 51min - 70min it's a combo of abs strength and cardio with the main focus on cardio and a lot of plyometrics and things of that nature so your basically jumping, squatting, jogging and much much more you name you do it LOL

I think you are totally cut out for it and would do great!!! I don't know if you want one brand new or not but I know for sure when I finish mines on Jan 2nd I will be selling it or if you want to get one and start with me on Nov 1st that would be great also!!
    I already calculated and if I start on the 1st of Nov once and for all it will be finish me on Jan 2nd really put me in the mindset New Year New Me like I have been saying all along and I actually think the biggest loser finale is the 4th if so that would be totally awesome timing anyway just a thought hope this help give you an idea of the program!!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Wow. that sounds like a great idea!! Awesome how you calculated which day you would be done on - I like the idea of Jan 2nd for the new year, and even better if the finale of biggest loser is right after that. I think it is the challenge I need.. I was wondering what I could do next. Even though I am loving running - I will still try to find time to get it in - and I love my gym membership.
    Hmm I wonder if I could still go to the gym after my morning shift for 30 mins.. than did the insanity at night. Insanity alone sounds insane lol I will have to think about it!

How many videos is it??

I hit the gym today - did a 30 min run - I watched the distance and got 2.63 miles and 5km is 3.1 miles. And that was after 31 mins.. It was 9:57 so I had to do a cool down and leave the gym by 10 so I couldnt go longer. I really want that 5K its just so hard to squeeze it in in such a short time
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    today since it's my day off from work i'm going to catch up on some jillian michaels 30 day slim down i missed such as yesterday the no more trouble zones x 2 pretty much i want to make this day a last chance workout...ONE OF THEM...LOL