Juice Cleanse?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Jesslhernandez
    Jesslhernandez Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey , girly

Message me i have a juicer and i use it . If you have questions and want ideals feel free .

~jess
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The OP, in her early twenties, has not posted on anything since December.

Let's hope she's found something else to help her and hasn't just quit trying to lose weight after thinking a juice cleanse was a good idea.
  • 9kitsune
    Options
    i did a 3 day juice fast a couple months ago because i was eating too much junk food and wanted to reset my eating habits. you still get plenty of calories from the juice, i never got hungry and it did help me get back on track.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you want to do a 2-3 day fast to kickstart a new diet, it can help you get your mind right on portion control.

Beyond the 2-3 days though, it's worthless and you need to go on a better balanced diet.

To incorporate the benefits of both long-term, google green smoothies or read my profile page. I've been doing in a long time.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have done a juice cleanse. We both really liked it. Yes, your body cleanses it's self naturally, but in consuming all your calories in juice form your body doesn't have to work so hard to digest stuff. This is where I found the benefit. I notice better regularity and other digestive benefits both during and after a food based cleanse. We both lost weight but the tricky part is that you MUST introduce things back into your diet slowly if you don't want to gain that all back.

Like I said, both my boyfriend and I liked it but it tends to be very expensive and I found it time consuming/inconvient. We may do one again some time. Either way, we did enjoy the juices and have talked about encorporating some into our daily lifes in place of breakfast or something.

Both of the cleanses I've done have online forums like this. Whatever you are thinking of following probably does too and you might find that a better place to get answers you are looking for.
  • JustT1m
    JustT1m Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Beer Cleanse works better I hear but it has to be really really cheap beer.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have done a juice cleanse. We both really liked it. Yes, your body cleanses it's self naturally, but in consuming all your calories in juice form your body doesn't have to work so hard to digest stuff. This is where I found the benefit. I notice better regularity and other digestive benefits both during and after a food based cleanse. We both lost weight but the tricky part is that you MUST introduce things back into your diet slowly if you don't want to gain that all back.

If you don't want to gain all what back??? Water weight? (Because it certainly isn't fat loss you're gaining back.) How could you possibly avoid gaining that back?
    Like I said, both my boyfriend and I liked it but it tends to be very expensive and I found it time consuming/inconvient. We may do one again some time. Either way, we did enjoy the juices and have talked about encorporating some into our daily lifes in place of breakfast or something.
    Adding some juice to your otherwise well-rounded diet is a wonderful idea. (Eating those same fruits is an even better idea though.)
    Both of the cleanses I've done have online forums like this. Whatever you are thinking of following probably does too and you might find that a better place to get answers you are looking for.
    Yeah, finding a bunch of lemmings online who have bought into the marketing is a much "better place to get answers"...unless, of course, you want your answers to have some truthiness to them.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I think its sad that certain threads on this website are bombarded with self righteous people who are self proclaimed know it alls. Why do you get angry if someone asks about something that you personally do not agree with? Why do you become patronizing and insulting? We are all here for the same reason. Are you maybe jealous that your weight hasnt come off yet? Or maybe have you tried this thing and you werent strong enough to do it? Idk, I rarely come to the boards but there were two topics I wanted to get some more info on today and both topics are just full of mean people. Its ok to have an opinion, but no need to attack people and insult people over it. You look silly and pathetic. As, the OP is a stranger and what this person does has NO effect on your life. So no need to get all upset about it.

In. On so many levels.