Share your weird habits and rituals

Options

Replies

• Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I only eat red and purple skittles, I throw the rest out

:heart: u!!!!!!!!!!

I always need 3 napkins when at a restaurant - 1 to fold into a square to put under my drink (whether or not they have coasters and whether or not the drink may actually gather condensation and dribble a puddle onto the table); 1 to wipe my mouth as I'm eating; 1 to fold lengthwise to put under my utensils. I never crumple napkins and always fold them as they are used.

I take forever at stores because when I give money or receive it as change from a larger bill, I unfold any dog-earred corners, make sure it is all turned and facing the same direction (the direction doesn't matter as long as all bills are the same) and sort it in order of largest to smallest with the $1 bills on the outside of the stack.

I do both of these as well. Except with the bills, the direction absolutely matters. The bills have to end up "upright" in my wallet. Heaven forbid I have several denominations and also have several denominations in my wallet. They all have to be put in the right order.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I take 30 minute showers.

I recite (mentally but sometimes out loud or mouthing along) mantras/affirmations while brushing my teeth and showering (in an uplifting and energetic way).

I meditate, pray, visualize goals, and recite mantras/affirmations again after I get dressed.

I use a set of mantras/affirmations to count reps when working out instead of numbers.

I have a playlist of uplifting music that I listen to everyday religiously, for inspirational reasons, it's seriously like gospel music for me. This includes artists such as Jay Z, Shakira, Imagine Dragons, Saliva, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Kat DeLuna, Jamie Foxx, Justin Timberlake, T.I., B.o.B., Kanye West, Madonna, Timbaland, Usher, LMFAO, Dev, Dark Lotus, Insane Clown Possee, Lil Wayne, and Angels and Airwaves. (feel free to send me a msg if you want the track list)

To me absolutely none of this is weird... everyone who doesn't do this is weird... someday people will realize the importance of doing these things... until then I understand it seems weird to them. (30 minute showers optional)

People don't know what they don't know.

Oh... and I also count calories and exercise everyday... sadly to most people this is weird/wrong/bad/stupid/doesn'twork/etc.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    When I eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, I eat the outside first, then the inside.

You eat all the chocolate off first?

No, I eat just the perimeter of the cup. Then the rest.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    All the money in my money clip/wallet has to be facing the same way and in descending order. I'm kinda OCD, but it serves a dual purpose. If I have to pay for something, I can pay for it pretty quickly knowing that my bills are in descending order.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

I have to have all my clothes facing the same direction on their hangers. I was getting so bad that the hanger color had to match the color of the item of clothing. I specifically stopped doing that because I knew I was getting out of control.

Mine have to be facing the same way and all of my hangers are black plastic. I used to have a minty green color instead of black but they quit making that color, so I donated all of my hangers and replaced them with black.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    NOT me, but I discovered recently that a friend likes to pop her partner's zits. Ew, ew, ew.

:sick:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I can't go left.
  • Celtic_Ace
    Options
    yawl are all weird. cool but weird as ..........
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Before I ride out on my motorcycle, I caress the tank and say "Now we're going to look after each other, aren't we?"
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn with a spork from ThinkGeek.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8ace/
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I can't go left.

Can you at least take your underwear off while you're still wearing pants?
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well I can relate to a few of these.. but slightly more worrying a couple I honestly didn't realise were... weird.

Thought it was normal to make sure clothes all hang in the same direction in the closet and have matching coathangers. and my pantry is sorted into food groups.

Actually know this stuff is weird. I love shoes and boots.. but if I can't find the perfect match for my outfit, I go barefoot. I go barefoot a lot of the time. I have been turned away from restuarants because of this. Finding running shoes took me nearly 2 yrs. lol.
    I always need to pee when I get home.. no matter how recently I have been. And peeing must be the LAST thing I do before bed. If I check on a child or let the cat out etc.. have to do it again. rofl.
    Also. I cant eat after 8pm.

A few OCD things.. like spices are stored alphabetically, All cans must be facing the right way and my entire book collection.. 4 book shelves.. are all stored according to author/alphabetically for fiction and alphabetical topic for non fiction.
    Yes.. I have mild OCD.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I can't go left.

Can you at least take your underwear off while you're still wearing pants?

Actually... uh... yes.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    When I eat candy that has diff colors, I have to look at each one before putting it in my mouth. If I accidentally put one in my mouth, I will take it out and see what color it is. LOL.

I work in Excel a lot and for the past three years, I noticed that when I'm not typing, I'm always clicking in cells. Then, I noticed that I've started doing that on websites, too.

If I go to a fast food restaurant and they mess up my order, I always have to go back again to get a 'perfect' order.

We all have them, admit it. I'm talking about the ones that no one or only a few people know about. The things you do while no one is looking.

For example, I'll share mine. Every morning before I put on my tie, I kiss it like a priest kisses his vestments before putting them around his neck. Hell, I'm not even Catholic.
    Maybe you just like the tie a lot.
    I take a 40-60 minute shower every morning. I swear I have a penis.
    A very clean one. :laugh:
    I put my pants on both legs at the same time (instead of one leg, then the other) because I once saw someone else do it and when I asked why they said, "My dad told me to so I wouldn't be just like every other person who puts their pants on one leg at a time."

I eat my sandwiches in a spiral, and I flatten out my oatmeal as I eat it- and I eat that in a spiral pattern, too.

Some mornings after I finish putting my makeup on I make an ugly face to see if I still look pretty

:laugh:
    - Nibbling all the chocolate off first then eating the wafer after for KitKats.
    - Volume on the telly must be on an even number.
    Used to do the kitkat thing as a kid. It was like I had more or two different types of candy: chocolate, and then a wafer. lol.

The volume can't be max. I think that the speakers will burst.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

This except I take about 30 mins.
    I also eat Swiss Rolls, Zebra Cakes and Reese's Cup outside in
    I can't stand having the microwave beep so I stop it a 0:01

Exactly! I bet we eat KitKat bars the same way also. ;)

How do you eat your Kit Kats??

Obviously I have to separate the pieces first.

1. Eat top layer
    2. Eat chocolate off all of the sides
    3. Take it apart layer by layer, scraping the filling off with my teeth as I go.

I always eat the third piece whole though, just for variety.
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    What's weird is that you didn't have Drake on that list.

I have a playlist of uplifting music that I listen to everyday religiously, for inspirational reasons, it's seriously like gospel music for me. This includes artists such as Jay Z, Shakira, Imagine Dragons, Saliva, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Kat DeLuna, Jamie Foxx, Justin Timberlake, T.I., B.o.B., Kanye West, Madonna, Timbaland, Usher, LMFAO, Dev, Dark Lotus, Insane Clown Possee, Lil Wayne, and Angels and Airwaves. (feel free to send me a msg if you want the track list)

To me absolutely none of this is weird...
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Weird food issues:

I peel my banana then separate it into it's 3 sections (yes they are there) before eating it.

I eat the outside of the carrot first and then savor the inner core (yes, it also separates well).

It seems I only have weird food habits with "healthy" foods. I can eat my PB cubs, KitKats, and Oreos without any ritual whatsoever.
  • teamAmelia
    Options

This except I take about 30 mins.
    I also eat Swiss Rolls, Zebra Cakes and Reese's Cup outside in
    I can't stand having the microwave beep so I stop it a 0:01

Exactly! I bet we eat KitKat bars the same way also. ;)

How do you eat your Kit Kats??

Obviously I have to separate the pieces first.

1. Eat top layer
    2. Eat chocolate off all of the sides
    3. Take it apart layer by layer, scraping the filling off with my teeth as I go.

I always eat the third piece whole though, just for variety.

That's what I do w my nutty bars. I eat them by layers and scrape the peanut butter w my teeth. :laugh:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well weird habits......When I'm eating something especially delicious I usually start humming to myself or dancing in my chair....true story.
    That and I talk to my cats alot.